- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 531513, 9 pages
Chemical Reaction Effect on Transient Free Convective Flow past an Infinite Moving Vertical Cylinder
1Department of Mathematical Sciences, Bodoland University, Kokrajhar 783370, India
2Department of Mathematics, Gauhati University, Guwahati 781014, India
Received 18 March 2013; Accepted 17 August 2013
Academic Editor: Jose C. Merchuk
Copyright © 2013 Ashish Paul and Rudra Kanta Deka. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. M. Sparrow and J. L. Gregg, “Laminar free convection heat transfer from the outer surface of a vertical circular cylinder,” Transactions of ASME, vol. 78, pp. 1823–1829, 1956.
- R. J. Goldstein and D. G. Briggs, “Transient free convection about vertical plates and circular cylinders,” Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 86, pp. 490–500, 1964.
- A. Ishak, “Mixed convection boundary layer flow over a vertical cylinder with prescribed surface heat flux,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 42, no. 19, Article ID 195501, 2009.
- F. S. Lien, C. K. Chen, and Y. M. Chang, “Effects of free convection and mass transfer on the flow past an impulsively moving infinite vertical circular cylinder,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 127–137, 1985.
- P. L. Chambré and J. D. Young, “On the diffusion of a chemically reactive species in a laminar boundary layer flow,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 48–54, 1958.
- U. N. Das, R. Deka, and V. M. Soundalgekar, “Effects of mass transfer on flow past an impulsively started infinite vertical plate with constant heat flux and chemical reaction,” Engineering Research, vol. 60, no. 10, pp. 284–287, 1994.
- R. Muthucumaraswamy and P. Ganesan, “First-order chemical reaction on flow past an impulsively started vertical plate with uniform heat and mass flux,” Acta Mechanica, vol. 147, no. 1–4, pp. 45–57, 2001.
- K. Gangadhar, N. B. Reddy, and P. K. Kameswaran, “Similarity solution of hydro magnetic heat and mass transfer over a vertical plate with convective surface boundary condition and chemical reaction,” International Journal of Nonlinear Science, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 298–307, 2012.
- P. Ganesan and H. P. Rani, “On diffusion of chemically reactive species in convective flow along a vertical cylinder,” Chemical Engineering and Processing, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 93–105, 2000.
- P. Ganesan and P. Loganathan, “Heat and mass flux effects on a moving vertical cylinder with chemically reactive species diffusion,” Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics, vol. 75, no. 4, pp. 899–909, 2002.
- H. P. Rani, G. J. Reddy, and C. N. Kim, “Transient analysis of diffusive chemical reactive species for couple stress fluid flow over vertical cylinder,” Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 985–1000, 2013.
- G. R. Machireddy, “Chemically reactive species and radiation effects on MHD convective flow past a moving vertical cylinder,” Ain Shams Engineering Journal, 2013.
- H. S. Carslaw and J. C. Jaeger, Operational Methods in Applied Mathematics, Oxford Press, Oxford, UK, 2nd edition, 1948.