- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 752719, 7 pages
Fixed Bed Adsorption of Drugs on Silica Aerogel from Supercritical Carbon Dioxide Solutions
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Industriale, Università degli Studi di Salerno via Giovanni Paolo II, 132-84084 Fisciano, Italy
Received 16 March 2013; Accepted 5 June 2013
Academic Editor: Jaime Wisniak
Copyright © 2013 Giuseppe Caputo. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Pinnamaneni, N. G. Das, and S. K. Das, “Formulation approaches for orally administered poorly soluble drugs,” Pharmazie, vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 291–300, 2002.
- P. York, U. B. Kompella, and B. Y. Shekunov, Supercritical Fluid Technology for Drug Development, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 2004.
- E. Reverchon, G. Caputo, S. Correra, and P. Cesti, “Synthesis of titanium hydroxide nanoparticles in supercritical carbon dioxide on the pilot scale,” Journal of Supercritical Fluids, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 253–261, 2003.
- G. Caputo, S. Liparoti, R. Adami, and E. Reverchon, “Use of supercritical CO2 and N2 as dissolved gases for the atomization of ethanol and water,” Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 51, no. 36, pp. 11803–11808, 2012.
- G. Caputo, R. Adami, and E. Reverchon, “Analysis of dissolved-gas atomization: supercritical CO2 dissolved in water,” Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 49, no. 19, pp. 9454–9461, 2010.
- M. A. Rodrigues, J. Li, L. Padrela, A. Almeida, H. A. Matos, and E. G. de Azevedo, “Anti-solvent effect in the production of lysozyme nanoparticles by supercritical fluid-assisted atomization processes,” Journal of Supercritical Fluids, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 253–260, 2009.
- A. M. Hillery, A. W. Lloyd, and J. Swarbrick, Delivery und Targeting, Taylor & Francis, London, UK, 2001.
- I. Smirnova, S. Suttiruengwong, and W. Arlt, “Feasibility study of hydrophilic and hydrophobic silica aerogels as drug delivery systems,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 350, pp. 54–60, 2004.
- I. Smirnova, S. Suttiruengwong, M. Seiler, and W. Arlt, “Dissolution rate enhancement by adsorption of poorly soluble drugs on hydrophilic silica aerogels,” Pharmaceutical Development and Technology, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 443–452, 2005.
- U. Guenther, I. Smirnova, and R. H. H. Neubert, “Hydrophilic silica aerogels as dermal drug delivery systems—dithranol as a model drug,” European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 935–942, 2008.
- I. Smirnova, J. Mamic, and W. Arlt, “Adsorption of drugs on silica aerogels,” Langmuir, vol. 19, no. 20, pp. 8521–8525, 2003.
- G. Caputo, M. Scognamiglio, and I. De Marco, “Nimesulide adsorbed on silica aerogel using supercritical carbon dioxide,” Chemical Engineering Research and Design, vol. 90, no. 8, pp. 1082–1089, 2012.
- G. Caputo, I. De Marco, and E. Reverchon, “Silica aerogel-metal composites produced by supercritical adsorption,” Journal of Supercritical Fluids, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 243–249, 2010.
- R. E. Treybal, Mass-Transfer Operations, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 1980.
- S. Liparoti, R. Adami, G. Caputo, and E. Reverchon, “Supercritical assisted atomization: polyvynilpyrrolidone as carrier for drugs with poor solubility in water,” Journal of Chemistry, vol. 2013, Article ID 801069, 5 pages, 2013.
- S. Brunauer, L. S. Deming, W. E. Deming, and E. Teller, “On a theory of the van der Waals adsorption of gases,” Journal of The American Chemical Society, vol. 62, no. 7, pp. 1723–1732, 1940.