- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 870384, 7 pages
Research of Hydrogen Preparation with Catalytic Steam-Carbon Reaction Driven by Photo-Thermochemistry Process
1School of Chemical Engineering, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610065, China
2Institute for Chemical Engineering Technology, Yibin University, Yibin 644007, China
Received 27 March 2013; Accepted 12 August 2013
Academic Editor: Maria Gomez
Copyright © 2013 Xiaoqing Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. M. Nenoff, M. R. Berman, and K. C. Glasgow, “Introduction to the special section on alternative energy system: hydrogen, solar, and biofuels,” Industrial & Engineering Research, vol. 51, no. 37, pp. 11819–11920, 2012.
- Y. Izumi, “Recent advances in the photocatalytic conversion of carbon dioxide to fuels with water and/or hydrogen using solar energy and beyond,” Coordination Chemistry Reviews, vol. 257, no. 1, pp. 171–186, 2013.
- R. Manuel and S. Aldo, “Concentrating solar thermal power and thermochemical fuels,” Energy & Environmental Science, vol. 5, no. 11, pp. 9234–9245, 2012.
- L. J. Guo, L. Zhao, D. W. Jing et al., “Solar hydrogen production and its development in China,” Energy, vol. 34, no. 9, pp. 1073–1090, 2009.
- C. C. Agrafiotis, C. Pagkoura, S. Lorentzou, M. Kostoglou, and A. G. Konstandopoulos, “Hydrogen production in solar reactors,” Catalysis Today, vol. 127, no. 1–4, pp. 265–277, 2007.
- P. Greg, Smestad, and A. Steinfeld, “Review: photochemical and thermochemical production of solar fuels from H2O and CO2 using metal oxide catalysts,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 51, no. 37, pp. 11828–11840, 2012.
- Z. Huang and Y. V. Geletii, “Spectroscopic studes of light-driven water oxidation catalyzed by polyoxometalates,” Industrial & Engineering Chemisry Research, vol. 51, no. 37, pp. 11850–11859, 2012.
- R. Amadelli, A. Molinari, I. Vitali, L. Samiolo, G. M. Mura, and A. Maldotti, “Photo-electro-chemical properties of TiO2 mediated by the enzyme glucose oxidase,” Catalysis Today, vol. 101, no. 3-4, pp. 397–405, 2005.
- S. Z. Baykara, “Experimental solar water thermolysis,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 29, no. 14, pp. 1459–1469, 2004.
- C. Agrafiotis, M. Roeb, A. G. Konstandopoulos et al., “Solar water splitting for hydrogen production with monolithic reactors,” Solar Energy, vol. 79, no. 4, pp. 409–421, 2005.
- T. Kodama and N. Gokon, “Thermochemical cycles for high-temperature solar hydrogen production,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 107, no. 10, pp. 4048–4077, 2007.
- A. Wörner and R. Tamme, “CO2 reforming of methane in a solar driven volumetric receiver-reactor,” Catalysis Today, vol. 46, no. 2-3, pp. 165–174, 1998.
- T. Kodama, H. Ohtake, K.-I. Shimizu, and Y. Kitayama, “Nickel catalyst driven by direct light irradiation for solar CO2-reforming of methane,” Energy and Fuels, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 1016–1023, 2002.
- A. Berman, R. K. Karn, and M. Epstein, “A new catalyst system for high-temperature solar reforming of methane,” Energy and Fuels, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 455–462, 2006.
- J. Wang, M. Jiang, Y. Yao, Y. Zhang, and J. Cao, “Steam gasification of coal char catalyzed by K2CO3 for enhanced production of hydrogen without formation of methane,” Fuel, vol. 88, no. 9, pp. 1572–1579, 2009.
- J. Wang, K. Sakanishi, I. Saito, T. Takarada, and K. Morishita, “High-yield hydrogen production by steam gasification of HyperCoal (ash-free coal extract) with potassium carbonate: comparison with raw coal,” Energy and Fuels, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 2114–2120, 2005.
- J. A. Moulijn and F. Kapteijn, “Towards a unified theory of reactions of carbon with oxygen-containing molecules,” Carbon, vol. 33, no. 8, pp. 1155–1165, 1995.
- T. Wigmans, R. Elfring, and J. A. Moulijn, “On the mechanism of the potassium carbonate catalysed gasification of activated carbon: the influence of the catalyst concentration on the reactivity and selectivity at low steam pressures,” Carbon, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 1983.