- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 951045, 10 pages
Investigation of Influential Parameters in Deep Oxidative Desulfurization of Dibenzothiophene with Hydrogen Peroxide and Formic Acid
School of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering, University of Tehran, Enghelab Avenue, P.O. Box 11155-4563, Tehran 11155-4563, Iran
Received 10 February 2013; Revised 26 April 2013; Accepted 13 May 2013
Academic Editor: Moshe Sheintuch
Copyright © 2013 Alireza Haghighat Mamaghani et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M.-W. Wan and T.-F. Yen, “Enhance efficiency of tetraoctylammonium fluoride applied to ultrasound-assisted oxidative desulfurization (UAOD) process,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 319, pp. 237–245, 2007.
- Y. Dai, D. Zhao, and Y. Qi, “Sono-desulfurization oxidation reactivities of FCC diesel fuel in metal ion/H2O2 systems,” Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 264–268, 2011.
- C. Song, “An overview of new approaches to deep desulfurization for ultra-clean gasoline, diesel fuel and jet fuel,” Catalysis Today, vol. 86, no. 1–4, pp. 211–263, 2003.
- M. F. Ali, A. Al-Malki, and S. Ahmed, “Chemical desulfurization of petroleum fractions for ultra-low sulfur fuels,” Fuel Processing Technology, vol. 90, no. 4, pp. 536–544, 2009.
- A. M. Dehkordi, M. A. Sobati, and M. A. Nazem, “Oxidative desulfurization of non-hydrotreated kerosene using hydrogen peroxide and acetic acid,” Chinese Journal of Chemical Engineering, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 869–874, 2009.
- K.-G. Haw, W. A. W. Abu Bakar, R. Ali, J.-F. Chong, and A. A. Abdul Kadir, “Catalytic oxidative desulfurization of diesel utilizing hydrogen peroxide and functionalized-activated carbon in a biphasic diesel-acetonitrile system,” Fuel Processing Technology, vol. 91, no. 9, pp. 1105–1112, 2010.
- G. Liu, Y. Cao, R. Jiang, L. Wang, X. Zhang, and Z. Mi, “Oxidative desulfurization of jet fuels and its impact on thermal-oxidative stability,” Energy and Fuels, vol. 23, no. 12, pp. 5978–5985, 2009.
- W. Liang, S. Zhang, H. Li, and G. Zhang, “Oxidative desulfurization of simulated gasoline catalyzed by acetic acid-based ionic liquids at room temperature,” Fuel Processing Technology, vol. 109, pp. 27–31, 2013.
- A. M. Dehkordi, Z. Kiaei, and M. A. Sobati, “Oxidative desulfurization of simulated light fuel oil and untreated kerosene,” Fuel Processing Technology, vol. 90, no. 3, pp. 435–445, 2009.
- G. Yu, S. Lu, H. Chen, and Z. Zhu, “Oxidative desulfurization of diesel fuels with hydrogen peroxide in the presence of activated carbon and formic acid,” Energy and Fuels, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 447–452, 2005.
- A. di Giuseppe, M. Crucianelli, F. de Angelis, C. Crestini, and R. Saladino, “Efficient oxidation of thiophene derivatives with homogeneous and heterogeneous MTO/H2O2 systems: a novel approach for, oxidative desulfurization (ODS) of diesel fuel,” Applied Catalysis B, vol. 89, no. 1-2, pp. 239–245, 2009.
- R. Wang, F. Yu, G. Zhang, and H. Zhao, “Performance evaluation of the carbon nanotubes supported Cs2.5H0.5PW12O40 as efficient and recoverable catalyst for the oxidative removal of dibenzothiophene,” Catalysis Today, vol. 150, no. 1-2, pp. 37–41, 2010.
- J. L. García-Gutiérrez, G. A. Fuentes, M. E. Hernández-Terán, et al., “Ultra-deep oxidative desulfurization of diesel fuel bythe Mo/Al2 O3 -H2O2 system: the effect of system parameters on catalytic activity,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 334, no. 1-2, pp. 366–373, 2008.
- W. Zhu, G. Zhu, H. Li et al., “Catalytic kinetics of oxidative desulfurization with surfactant-type polyoxometalate-based ionic liquids,” Fuel Processing Technology, vol. 106, no. 1, pp. 70–76, 2013.
- Y. Nie, Y. Dong, L. Bai, H. Dong, and X. Zhang, “Fast oxidative desulfurization of fuel oil using dialkylpyridinium tetrachloroferrates ionic liquids,” Fuel, vol. 103, no. 1, pp. 997–1002, 2013.
- S. Murata, K. Murata, K. Kidena, and M. Nomura, “A novel oxidative desulfurization system for diesel fuels with molecular oxygen in the presence of cobalt catalysts and aldehydes,” Energy and Fuels, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 116–121, 2004.
- B. Wang, J. Zhu, and H. Ma, “Desulfurization from thiophene by SO42−/ZrO2 catalytic oxidation at room temperature and atmospheric pressure,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 164, no. 1, pp. 256–264, 2009.
- V. V. D. N. Prasad, K.-E. Jeong, H.-J. Chae, C.-U. Kim, and S.-Y. Jeong, “Oxidative desulfurization of 4,6-dimethyl dibenzothiophene and light cycle oil over supported molybdenum oxide catalysts,” Catalysis Communications, vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 1966–1969, 2008.
- O. González-García and L. Cedeño-Caero, “V-Mo based catalysts for oxidative desulfurization of diesel fuel,” Catalysis Today, vol. 148, no. 1-2, pp. 42–48, 2009.
- L. Yang, J. Li, X. Yuan, J. Shen, and Y. Qi, “One step non-hydrodesulfurization of fuel oil: catalyzed oxidation adsorption desulfurization over HPWA-SBA-15,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis A, vol. 262, no. 1-2, pp. 114–118, 2007.
- W. Zhu, H. Li, X. Jiang, Y. Yan, J. Lu, and J. Xia, “Oxidative desulfurization of fuels catalyzed by peroxotungsten and peroxomolybdenum complexes in ionic liquids,” Energy and Fuels, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 2514–2516, 2007.
- T. Napanang and T. Sooknoi, “Oxidative extraction of thiophene from n-dodecane over TS-1 in continuous process: a model for non-severe sulfur removal from liquid fuels,” Catalysis Communications, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 1–6, 2009.
- H.-X. Zhang, J.-J. Gao, H. Meng, Y.-Z. Lu, and C.-X. Li, “Catalytic oxidative desulfurization of fuel by H2O2 in situ produced via oxidation of 2-propanol,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 51, no. 13, pp. 4868–4874, 2012.
- X. L. Zhou, Q. Tan, G. X. Yu, L. F. Chen, J. A. Wang, and O. Novaro, “Removal of dibenzothiophene in diesel oil by oxidation over a promoted activated carbon catalyst,” Kinetics and Catalysis, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 543–549, 2009.
- C. Jin, G. Li, X. Wang, Y. Wang, L. Zhao, and D. Sun, “A titanium containing micro/mesoporous composite and its catalytic performance in oxidative desulfurization,” Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, vol. 111, no. 1–3, pp. 236–242, 2008.
- Z. Salehi, F. Vahabzadeh, M. Sohrabi, S. Fatemi, and H. T. Znad, “Statistical medium optimization and biodegradative capacity of Ralstonia eutropha toward p-nitrophenol,” Biodegradation, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 645–657, 2010.
- Y. Dai, Y. Qi, and D. Zhao, “Effect of various sono-oxidation parameters on the desulfurization of diesel oil,” Petroleum Chemistry, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 436–441, 2009.