- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 248450, 7 pages
Long-Term Prediction of Biological Wastewater Treatment Process Behavior via Wiener-Laguerre Network Model
1Environmental Technology Division, School of Industrial Technology, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang 11800, Malaysia
2Faculty of Science, University of Guilan, Rasht, Guilan 41938-33697, Iran
3Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Guilan, Rasht, Guilan 41996-13769, Iran
4The Academic Centre for Education, Culture and Research (ACECR), Institute for Environmental Research, Rasht, Guilan 41365-3114, Iran
Received 21 August 2013; Accepted 26 November 2013; Published 22 January 2014
Academic Editor: Dmitry Murzin
Copyright © 2014 Yasaman Sanayei et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- O. J. Hao, H. Kim, and P. C. Chiang, “Decolorization of wastewater,” Critical Reviews in Environmental Science and Technology, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 449–505, 2000.
- B. Saba, A. Khalid, A. Nazir, H. Kanwal, and T. Mahmood, “Reactive black-5 azo dye treatment in suspended and attach growth sequencing batch bioreactor using different co-substrates,” International Biodeterioration & Biodegradation, vol. 85, pp. 556–562, 2013.
- I. Khouni, B. Marrot, and R. B. Amar, “Treatment of reconstituted textile wastewater containing a reactive dye in an aerobic sequencing batch reactor using a novel bacterial consortium,” Separation and Purification Technology, vol. 87, pp. 110–119, 2012.
- N. Koprivanac, J. Jovanović-Kolar, G. Bosanac, and J. Meixner, “Studies on wastewater decolorization by the precipitation/flocculation process,” Microchemical Journal, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 379–384, 1992.
- P. E. Lim and C. C. Er, “Treatment of dye-containing wastewater by sequencing batch reactor with powdered activated carbon addition,” Toxicological and Environmental Chemistry, vol. 75, no. 1-2, pp. 75–87, 2000.
- S. V. Mohan, N. C. Rao, and P. N. Sarma, “Simulated acid azo dye wastewater treatment using suspended growth configured sequencing batch reactor (SBR) under anoxic-aerobic-anoxic microenvironment,” Applied Ecology and Environmental Research, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 25–34, 2009.
- C. K. Yoo, K. Villez, I. B. Lee, C. Rosén, and P. A. Vanrolleghem, “Multi-model statistical process monitoring and diagnosis of a sequencing batch reactor,” Biotechnology and Bioengineering, vol. 96, no. 4, pp. 687–701, 2007.
- D. Güçlü and Ş. Dursun, “Artificial neural network modelling of a large-scale wastewater treatment plant operation,” Bioprocess and Biosystems Engineering, vol. 33, no. 9, pp. 1051–1058, 2010.
- J. S. Almeida, “Predictive non-linear modeling of complex data by artificial neural networks,” Current Opinion in Biotechnology, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 72–76, 2002.
- J. M. P. Menezes Jr. and G. A. Barreto, “Long-term time series prediction with the NARX network: an empirical evaluation,” Neurocomputing, vol. 71, no. 16–18, pp. 3335–3343, 2008.
- S. H. Hong, M. W. Lee, D. S. Lee, and J. M. Park, “Monitoring of sequencing batch reactor for nitrogen and phosphorus removal using neural networks,” Biochemical Engineering Journal, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 365–370, 2007.
- H. G. Han, Q. L. Chen, and J. F. Qiao, “An efficient self-organizing RBF neural network for water quality prediction,” Neural Networks, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 717–725, 2011.
- G. M. Zeng, X. S. Qin, L. He, G. H. Huang, H. L. Liu, and Y. P. Lin, “A neural network predictive control system for paper mill wastewater treatment,” Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 121–129, 2003.
- Y. E. Hamzaoui, J. A. Hernández, S. Silva-Martínez, A. Bassam, A. Álvarez, and C. Lizama-Bahena, “Optimal performance of COD removal during aqueous treatment of alazine and gesaprim commercial herbicides by direct and inverse neural network,” Desalination, vol. 277, no. 1–3, pp. 325–337, 2011.
- J. C. Chen, N. B. Chang, and W. K. Shieh, “Assessing wastewater reclamation potential by neural network model,” Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 149–157, 2003.
- B. Ráduly, K. V. Gernaey, A. G. Capodaglio, P. S. Mikkelsen, and M. Henze, “Artificial neural networks for rapid WWTP performance evaluation: methodology and case study,” Environmental Modelling and Software, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 1208–1216, 2007.
- S. I. Biagiola and J. L. Figueroa, “Wiener and Hammerstein uncertain models identification,” Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, vol. 79, no. 11, pp. 3296–3313, 2009.
- V. Quaglini, F. Previdi, R. Contro, and S. Bittanti, “A discrete-time nonlinear Wiener model for the relaxation of soft biological tissues,” Medical Engineering and Physics, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 9–19, 2002.
- A. D. Kalafatis, L. Wang, and W. R. Cluett, “Linearizing feedforward-feedback control of pH processes based on the Wiener model,” Journal of Process Control, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 103–112, 2005.
- I. H. Song and H. K. Rhee, “Application of Wiener type predictive controller to the continuous solution polymerization reactor,” Studies in Surface Science and Catalysis, vol. 159, pp. 861–864, 2006.
- M. Ławryńczuk, “Computationally efficient nonlinear predictive control based on neural Wiener models,” Neurocomputing, vol. 74, no. 1–3, pp. 401–417, 2010.
- S. Mahmoodi, J. Poshtan, M. R. Jahed-Motlagh, and A. Montazeri, “Nonlinear model predictive control of a pH neutralization process based on Wiener-Laguerre model,” Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 146, no. 3, pp. 328–337, 2009.
- V. Arto, P. Hannu, and A. Halme, “Modeling of chromatographic separation process with Wiener-MLP representation,” Journal of Process Control, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 443–458, 2001.
- B. Wahlberg and P. M. Mäkilä, “On approximation of stable linear dynamical systems using Laguerre and Kautz functions,” Automatica, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 693–708, 1996.
- Y. Sanayei, N. Ismail, T. T. Teng, and N. Morad, “Biological treatment of reactive dye (Cibacron yellow FN_2R) by sequencing batch reactor performance,” Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 4071–4077, 2009.
- L. Ayed, S. Achour, E. Khelifi, A. Cheref, and A. Bakhrouf, “Use of active consortia of constructed ternary bacterial cultures via mixture design for Congo Red decolorization enhancement,” Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 162, no. 2, pp. 495–502, 2010.
- APHA, Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and wasteWater, American Public Health Association, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- M. A. Masnadi-Shirazi and M. Aleshams, “Laguerre discrete-time filter design,” Computers and Electrical Engineering, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 173–192, 2003.
- A. K. Palit and D. Popovic, Computational Intelligence in Time Series Forecasting: Theory and Engineering Applications, Springer, London, UK, 2005.
- J. S. R. Jang, C. T. Sun, and E. Mitutani, Neuro-Fuzzy and Soft Computing: A Computational Approach to Learning and Machine Intelligence, Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 1st edition, 1997.