- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 256840, 7 pages
Numerical Simulation and Analysis of CO2 Removal in a Polypropylene Hollow Fiber Membrane Contactor
Key Laboratory of Low-Grade Energy Utilization Technologies and Systems, Chongqing University, Chongqing 400044, China
Received 19 July 2013; Revised 1 December 2013; Accepted 20 December 2013; Published 30 January 2014
Academic Editor: Mahesh T. Dhotre
Copyright © 2014 Zhien Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Global CCS Institute, The Global Status of CCS, Global CCS Institute, Canberra, Australia, 2012.
- M. H. Al-Marzouqi, M. H. El-Naas, S. A. M. Marzouk, M. A. Al-Zarooni, N. Abdullatif, and R. Faiz, “Modeling of CO2 absorption in membrane contactors,” Separation and Purification Technology, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 286–293, 2008.
- S. H. Lin, P. C. Chiang, C. F. Hsieh, M. H. Li, and K. L. Tung, “Absorption of carbon dioxide by the absorbent composed of piperazine and 2-amino-2-methyl-1-propanol in PVDF membrane contactor,” Journal of the Chinese Institute of Chemical Engineers, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 13–21, 2008.
- J. L. Li and B. H. Chen, “Review of CO2 absorption using chemical solvents in hollow fiber membrane contactors,” Separation and Purification Technology, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 109–122, 2005.
- S. H. Yeon, K. S. Lee, B. Sea, Y. I. Park, and K. H. Lee, “Application of pilot-scale membrane contactor hybrid system for removal of carbon dioxide from flue gas,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 257, no. 1-2, pp. 156–160, 2005.
- Z. Qi and E. L. Cussler, “Microporous hollow fibers for gas absorption. II. Mass transfer across the membrane,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 333–345, 1985.
- M. Al-Marzouqi, M. El-Naas, S. Marzouk, and N. Abdullatif, “Modeling of chemical absorption of CO2 in membrane contactors,” Separation and Purification Technology, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 499–506, 2008.
- R. Faiz and M. Al-Marzouqi, “Mathematical modeling for the simultaneous absorption of CO2 and H2S using MEA in hollow fiber membrane contactors,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 342, no. 1-2, pp. 269–278, 2009.
- M. Ghadiri, A. Marjani, and S. Shirazian, “Mathematical modeling and simulation of CO2 stripping from monoethanolamine solution using nano porous membrane contactors,” International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, vol. 13, pp. 1–8, 2013.
- H. Y. Zhang, R. Wang, D. T. Liang, and J. H. Tay, “Modeling and experimental study of CO2 absorption in a hollow fiber membrane contactor,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 279, no. 1-2, pp. 301–310, 2006.
- S. Eslami, S. M. Mousavi, S. Danesh, and H. Banazadeh, “Modeling and simulation of CO2 removal from power plant flue gas by PG solution in a hollow fiber membrane contactor,” Advances in Engineering Software, vol. 42, no. 8, pp. 612–620, 2011.
- S. Rajabzadeh, S. Yoshimoto, M. Teramoto, M. Al-Marzouqi, and H. Matsuyama, “CO2 absorption by using PVDF hollow fiber membrane contactors with various membrane structures,” Separation and Purification Technology, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 210–220, 2009.
- S. Rajabzadeh, S. Yoshimoto, M. Teramoto, M. Al-Marzouqi, Y. Ohmukai, and T. Maruyama, “Effect of membrane structure on gas absorption performance and long-term stability of membrane contactors,” Separation and Purification Technology, vol. 108, pp. 65–73, 2013.
- W. Rongwong, S. Assabumrungrat, and R. Jiraratananon, “Rate based modeling for CO2 absorption using monoethanolamine solution in a hollow fiber membrane contactor,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 429, pp. 396–408, 2013.
- J. G. Lu, A. C. Hua, Z. W. Xu, J. T. Li, S. Y. Liu, and Z. L. Wang, “CO2 capture by membrane absorption coupling process: experiments and coupling process evaluation,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 431, pp. 9–18, 2013.
- S. Boributh, R. Jiraratananon, and K. Li, “Analytical solutions for membrane wetting calculations based on log-normal and normal distribution functions for CO2 absorption by a hollow fiber membrane contactor,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 429, pp. 459–472, 2013.
- N. Ramachandran, A. Aboudheir, R. Idem, and P. Tontiwachwuthikul, “Kinetics of the absorption of CO2 into mixed aqueous loaded solutions of monoethanolamine and methyldiethanolamine,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 45, no. 8, pp. 2608–2616, 2006.
- D. Barth, C. Tondre, and J. Delpuech, “Stopped-flow investigation of the reaction kinetics of carbon dioxide with some primary and secondary alkanolamines in aqueous solutions,” International Journal of Chemical Kinetics, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 445–457, 1986.
- G. F. Versteeg, L. A. J. van Dijck, and W. P. M. van Swaaij, “On the kinetics between CO2 and alkanolamines both in aqueous and non-aqueous solutions. An overview,” Chemical Engineering Communications, vol. 144, no. 1, pp. 133–158, 1996.
- J. Happel, “Viscous flow relative to arrays of cylinders,” AIChE Journal, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 174–177, 1959.
- Z. F. Fan, G. C. Liu, Z. Wang, L. Yuan, and S. C. Wang, “Study on membrane gas absorption for CO2 removal,” Membrane Science and Technology, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 34–39, 2005.
- S. Khaisri, D. deMontigny, P. Tontiwachwuthikul, and R. Jiraratananon, “CO2 stripping from monoethanolamine using a membrane contactor,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 376, no. 1-2, pp. 110–118, 2011.
- S. Paul, A. K. Ghoshal, and B. Mandal, “Removal of CO2 by single and blended aqueous alkanolamine solvents in hollow-fiber membrane contactor: modeling and simulation,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 46, no. 8, pp. 2576–2588, 2007.
- R. Faiz and M. Al-Marzouqi, “H2S absorption via carbonate solution in membrane contactors: effect of species concentrations,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 350, no. 1-2, pp. 200–210, 2010.