- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 327153, 7 pages
Multimicronutrient Slow-Release Fertilizer of Zinc, Iron, Manganese, and Copper
Raman Centre for Applied and Interdisciplinary Sciences, 16A Jheel Road, Calcutta 700 075, India
Received 9 February 2014; Revised 5 June 2014; Accepted 12 June 2014; Published 1 July 2014
Academic Editor: Janez Levec
Copyright © 2014 Siladitya Bandyopadhyay et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Shaviv, “Advances in controlled-release fertilizers,” Advances in Agronomy, vol. 71, pp. 1–49, 2001.
- F. N. Wilson, Slow Release-True or False? A Case of Control, The Fertilizer Society of London, London, UK, 1988.
- J. J. Mortvedt, F. R. Cox, L. M. Shuman, and R. M. Welch, Micronutrients in Agriculture, Soil Science Society of America, Madison, Wis, USA, 1991.
- G. J. Roberts, “FeO-K2O-P2O5 glasses as source of micronutrient in soil,” American Ceramic Society Bulletin, vol. 54, pp. 1069–1071, 1975.
- Krems-Chemie, “Complete fertilizers containing trace elements,” Austrian Patent 326,160, 1975.
- S. I. Volfkovich, “Polymeric fertilizers,” Journal of Applied Chemistry of the USSR, vol. 45, pp. 2479–2487, 1972.
- J. W. Lyons, G. A. Rauh Jr., and S. A. Vandersall, “Mixed cation polyphosphates,” US Patent no. 3574591, 1971.
- S. Bandyopadhyay, I. Bhattacharya, K. Ghosh, and C. Varadachari, “New slow-releasing molybdenum fertilizer,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 1343–1349, 2008.
- C. Varadachari, “Process for the manufacture of bio-release fertilizers of zinc-iron-manganese, iron-manganese-copper and zinc-iron-manganese-copper,” US Patent 8,216,337, 2012.
- S. K. Ray, C. Varadachari, and K. Ghosh, “Novel slow-releasing micronutrient fertilizers. 1. Zinc compounds,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 1218–1227, 1993.
- S. K. Ray, C. Varadachari, and K. Ghosh, “Novel slow-releasing micronutrient fertilizers. 2. Copper compounds,” Journal of Agricultural & Food Chemistry, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 1447–1453, 1997.
- P. K. Chandra, C. Varadachari, and K. Ghosh, “A new slow-releasing iron fertilizer,” Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 155, no. 1-2, pp. 451–456, 2009.
- J. A. Maxwell, Rock and Mineral Analysis, Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 1968.
- M. L. Jackson, Soil Chemical Analysis, Prentice Hall, New Delhi, India, 1973.
- C. Varadachari, “An investigation on the reaction of phosphoric acid with mica at elevated temperatures,” Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 357–364, 1992.
- M. B. Davies, J. Austin, and D. A. Partridge, Vitamin C: Its Chemistry and Biochemistry, Royal Society of Chemistry, London, UK, 1991.
- D. E. C. Corbridge, E. J. Lowe, and D. E. C. Corbridge, “Infrared spectra of some inorganic phosphorus Compounds,” Journal of Chemical Society, pp. 493–502, 1954.
- I. Bhattacharya, S. Bandyopadhyay, C. Varadachari, and K. Ghosh, “Development of a novel slow-releasing iron-manganese fertilizer compound,” Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 46, no. 9, pp. 2870–2876, 2007.
- JCPDS, Power Diffraction File, International Centre for Diffraction Data, Pennsylvania, Pa, USA, 1984.