- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 358241, 10 pages
Experimental Investigation of the Interaction between Rising Bubbles and Swirling Water Flow
1EcoTopia Science Institute, Nagoya University, Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya 464-8601, Japan
2Graduate School of Information Science, Nagoya University, Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya 464-8601, Japan
Received 16 August 2013; Accepted 1 November 2013; Published 16 January 2014
Academic Editor: Mostafa Barigou
Copyright © 2014 Tomomi Uchiyama and Shunsuke Sasaki. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. A. Hussain and R. Siegel, “Liquid jet pumped by rising gas bubbles,” Transactions of the ASME, Journal of Fluids Engineering, vol. 98, no. 1, pp. 49–57, 1976.
- A. M. Leitch and W. D. Baines, “Liquid volume flux in a weak bubble plume,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 205, pp. 77–98, 1989.
- J. H. Milgram, “Mean flow in round bubble plumes,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 133, pp. 345–376, 1983.
- S. A. Socolofsky and E. E. Adams, “Role of slip velocity in the behavior of stratified multiphase plumes,” Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, vol. 131, no. 4, pp. 273–282, 2005.
- M. Alam and V. H. Arakeri, “Observations on transition in plane bubble plumes,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 254, pp. 363–374, 1993.
- T. Uchiyama and S. Matsumura, “Three-dimensional vortex method for the simulation of bubbly flow,” Transactions of the ASME, Journal of Fluids Engineering, vol. 132, no. 10, Article ID 101402, 8 pages, 2010.
- T. Uchiyama and Y. Yoshii, “Numerical simulation of bubbly flow by vortex in cell method,” Procedia IUTAM. In press.
- P. M. Rightley and J. C. Lasheras, “Bubble dispersion and interphase coupling in a free-shear flow,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 412, pp. 21–59, 2000.
- R. Milenkovic, B. Sigg, and G. Yadigaroglu, “Study of periodically excited bubbly jets by PIV and double optical sensors,” International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 922–930, 2005.
- R. Ž. Milenković, B. Sigg, and G. Yadigaroglu, “Bubble clustering and trapping in large vortices. Part 1: triggered bubbly jets investigated by phase-averaging,” International Journal of Multiphase Flow, vol. 33, no. 10, pp. 1088–1110, 2007.
- T. Uchiyama, “Three-dimensional vortex simulation of bubble dispersion in excited round jet,” Chemical Engineering Science, vol. 59, no. 7, pp. 1403–1413, 2004.
- T. Uchiyama and S. Kusamichi, “Interaction of bubbles with vortex ring launched into bubble plume,” Advances in Chemical Engineering and Science, vol. 3, pp. 207–217, 2013.
- Y. Tanaka, R. Suzuki, K. Arai, K. Iwamoto, and K. Kawazura, “Visualization of flow fields in a bubble eliminator,” Journal of Visualization, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 81–90, 2001.
- K. Tabei, S. Haruyama, S. Yamaguchi, H. Shirai, and F. Takakusagi, “Study of micro bubble generation by a swirl jet (Measurement of bubble distribution by light transmission and characteristics of generation bubbles),” The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers Main, vol. 2, pp. 172–182, 2007.
- F. Magaud, A. F. Najafi, J. R. Angilella, and M. Souhar, “Modeling and qualitative experiments on swirling bubbly flows: single bubble with rossby number of order 1,” Transactions of the ASME, Journal of Fluids Engineering, vol. 125, no. 2, pp. 239–246, 2003.
- M. Murakami and K. Minemura, “Effects of entrained air on the performance of a centrifugal pump, (1st report, Performance and flow conditions),” Bulletin of JSME, vol. 17, no. 110, pp. 1047–1055, 1974.