- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 394860, 6 pages
Some Investigations on Protease Enzyme Production Kinetics Using Bacillus licheniformis BBRC 100053 and Effects of Inhibitors on Protease Activity
1Biochemical and Bioenvironmental Research Center, Sharif University of Technology, P.O. Box 11155-1399, Tehran, Iran
2Department of Chemical & Petroleum Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, P.O. Box 11155-1399, Tehran, Iran
3Department of Chemical Engineering, Drexel University, 3141 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
4Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Tehran, P.O. Box 1466763398, Tehran, Iran
Received 8 September 2013; Revised 23 November 2013; Accepted 9 December 2013; Published 19 February 2014
Academic Editor: Raghunath V. Chaudhari
Copyright © 2014 Zahra Ghobadi Nejad et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Patel, M. Dodia, and S. P. Singh, “Extracellular alkaline protease from a newly isolated haloalkaliphilic Bacillus sp.: production and optimization,” Process Biochemistry, vol. 40, no. 11, pp. 3569–3575, 2005.
- P. Ramnani, S. Suresh Kumar, and R. Gupta, “Concomitant production and downstream processing of alkaline protease and biosurfactant from Bacillus licheniformis RG1: bioformulation as detergent additive,” Process Biochemistry, vol. 40, no. 10, pp. 3352–3359, 2005.
- H. Genckal and C. Tari, “Alkaline protease production from alkalophilic Bacillus sp. isolated from natural habitats,” Enzyme and Microbial Technology, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 703–710, 2006.
- H.-S. Joo, C. G. Kumar, G.-C. Park, S. R. Paik, and C.-S. Chang, “Oxidant and SDS-stable alkaline protease from Bacillus clausii I-52: production and some properties,” Journal of Applied Microbiology, vol. 95, no. 2, pp. 267–272, 2003.
- M. B. Rao, A. M. Tanksale, M. S. Ghatge, and V. V. Deshpande, “Molecular and biotechnological aspects of microbial proteases,” Microbiology and Molecular Biology Reviews, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 597–635, 1998.
- N. T. Hoa, L. Baccigalupi, A. Huxham et al., “Characterization of Bacillus species used for oral bacteriotherapy and bacterioprophylaxis of gastrointestinal disorders,” Applied and Environmental Microbiology, vol. 66, no. 12, pp. 5241–5247, 2000.
- T. Godfrey and S. West, “Introduction to industrial enzymology,” in Industrial Enzymology, pp. 1–7, Stocholm Press, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1996.
- J. R. Dutta, P. K. Dutta, and R. Banerjee, “Kinetic study of a low molecular weight protease from newly isolated Pseudomonas sp. using artificial neural network,” Indian Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 127–133, 2005.
- Z. Ghobadi Nejad, S. Yaghmaei, and R. H. Hosseini, “Production of extracellular protease and determination of optimal condition by Bacillus licheniformis BBRC 100053,” International Journal of Engineering B, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 221–228, 2009.
- S. Saffarionpour, S. Yaghmaei, and Z. Ghobadi Nejad, “Immobilizationof alkaline protease from Bacillus licheniformis PTCC, 1331 oncalcium alginate (Its effect on enzymatic activity),” Journal of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 33–41, 2010.
- P. P. Winniczuk and M. E. Parish, “Minimum inhibitory concentrations of antimicrobials against micro-organisms related to citrus juice,” Food Microbiology, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 373–381, 1997.
- R. Potumarthi, S. Ch., and A. Jetty, “Alkaline protease production by submerged fermentation in stirred tank reactor using Bacillus licheniformis NCIM-2042: effect of aeration and agitation regimes,” Biochemical Engineering Journal, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 185–192, 2007.
- N. E. Hadj-Ali, R. Agrebi, B. Ghorbel-Frikha, A. Sellami-Kamoun, S. Kanoun, and M. Nasri, “Biochemical and molecular characterization of a detergent stable alkaline serine-protease from a newly isolated Bacillus licheniformis NH1,” Enzyme and Microbial Technology, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 515–523, 2007.
- K. R. Sugumaran, V. Ponnusami, D. Gowdhaman, V. Gunasekar, and S. N. Srivastava, “Thermo stable alkaline protease production from Bacills thuringiensis MTCC 1953: optimisation and kinetic studies,” International Journal of ChemTech Research, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 198–202, 2012.
- I. Ahmed, M. Anjum Zia, and H. M. Nasir Iqbal, “Purification and kinetic parameters characterization of an alkaline protease produced from Bacillus subtilis through submerged fermentation technique,” World Applied Science Journal, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 751–757, 2011.
- M. Dixon and E. C. Webb, Enzymes, 3rd edition, 1979.