- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 701092, 7 pages
Kinetics of Thermal Degradation of Recycled Polyvinyl Chloride Resin
1Materials Engineering Department, College of Engineering, Kufa University, Najaf 00964, Iraq
2Faculty of Chemical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Johor 81310, Malaysia
Received 18 August 2013; Revised 31 October 2013; Accepted 10 November 2013; Published 30 January 2014
Academic Editor: Dmitry Murzin
Copyright © 2014 I. M. Alwaan. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. P. L. Mantia, Recycling of PVC and Mixed Plastic Waste, ChemTec Publishing, Toronto, Canada, 1996.
- Q. Zhang and H. Li, “Investigation on the thermal stability of PVC filled with hydrotalcite by the UV-vis spectroscopy,” Spectrochimica Acta A, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 62–64, 2008.
- K. Murata, M. Brebu, and Y. Sakata, “The effect of PVC on thermal and catalytic degradation of polyethylene, polypropylene and polystyrene by a continuous flow reactor,” Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, vol. 86, no. 1, pp. 33–38, 2009.
- T. Karayildirim, J. Yanik, M. Yuksel, M. Saglam, C. Vasile, and H. Bockhorn, “The effect of some fillers on PVC degradation,” Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 112–119, 2006.
- M. Brebu, T. Bhaskar, K. Murai, A. Muto, Y. Sakata, and M. A. Uddin, “The effect of PVC and/or PET on thermal degradation of polymer mixtures containing brominated ABS,” Fuel, vol. 83, no. 14-15, pp. 2021–2028, 2004.
- R. Miranda, J. Yang, C. Roy, and C. Vasile, “Vacuum pyrolysis of commingled plastics containing PVC. I. Kinetic study,” Polymer Degradation and Stability, vol. 72, no. 3, pp. 469–491, 2001.
- C. Tang, Y.-Z. Wang, Q. Zhou, and L. Zheng, “Catalytic effect of Al-Zn composite catalyst on the degradation of PVC-containing polymer mixtures into pyrolysis oil,” Polymer Degradation and Stability, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 89–94, 2003.
- J. Halász, Z. Kónya, Z. T. Faragó, K. Siegert, and I. Kiricsi, “Degradation of pure and waste polyolefins and PVC in the presence of modified porous catalysts,” Studies in Surface Science and Catalysis, vol. 174, no. 2, pp. 1021–1026, 2008.
- M. N. Radhakrishnan Nair, G. V. Thomas, and M. R. Gopinathan Nair, “Thermogravimetric analysis of PVC/ELNR blends,” Polymer Degradation and Stability, vol. 92, no. 2, pp. 189–196, 2007.
- T. O. Egbuchunam, D. Balköse, and F. E. Okieimen, “Effect of zinc soaps of rubber seed oil (RSO) and/or epoxidised rubber seed oil (ERSO) on the thermal stability of PVC plastigels,” Polymer Degradation and Stability, vol. 92, no. 8, pp. 1572–1582, 2007.
- I. Jakubowicz, “Effects of artificial and natural ageing on impact-modified poly(vinyl chloride) (PVC),” Polymer Testing, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 545–551, 2001.
- T. Yoshioka, K. Furukawa, and A. Okuwaki, “Chemical recycling of rigid-PVC by oxygen oxidation in NaOH solutions at elevated temperatures,” Polymer Degradation and Stability, vol. 67, no. 2, pp. 285–290, 2000.
- D. Sil and S. Chakrabarti, “Photocatalytic degradation of PVC-ZnO composite film under tropical sunlight and artificial UV radiation: a comparative study,” Solar Energy, vol. 84, no. 3, pp. 476–485, 2010.
- C. Yang, C. Gong, T. Peng, K. Deng, and L. Zan, “High photocatalytic degradation activity of the polyvinyl chloride (PVC)-vitamin C (VC)-TiO2 nano-composite film,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 178, no. 1–3, pp. 152–156, 2010.
- J. Colombani, V. Labed, C. Joussot-Dubien et al., “High doses gamma radiolysis of PVC: mechanisms of degradation,” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research B, vol. 265, no. 1, pp. 238–244, 2007.
- K. Zhang, W. Cao, and J. Zhang, “Solid-phase photocatalytic degradation of PVC by tungstophosphoric acid—a novel method for PVC plastic degradation,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 276, no. 1-2, pp. 67–73, 2004.
- A. Castro, D. Soares, C. Vilarinho, and F. Castro, “Kinetics of thermal de-chlorination of PVC under pyrolytic conditions,” Waste Management, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 847–851, 2012.
- J. M. Simth, Chemical Engineering Kinetics, McGraw-Hill, Singapore, 3rd edition, 1981.
- A. A. Taker, Physical Chemistry for Polymer, Mosal University, Mosul, Iraq, 1984, Translated by Dr. A A. Mohammed.
- A. Ostovari, S. M. Hoseinieh, M. Peikari, S. R. Shadizadeh, and S. J. Hashemi, “Corrosion inhibition of mild steel in 1 M HCl solution by henna extract: a comparative study of the inhibition by henna and its constituents (Lawsone, Gallic acid, α-d-Glucose and Tannic acid),” Corrosion Science, vol. 51, no. 9, pp. 1935–1949, 2009.
- A. K. Singh and M. A. Quraishi, “Effect of Cefazolin on the corrosion of mild steel in HCl solution,” Corrosion Science, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 152–160, 2010.