- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 956543, 11 pages
Contribution of Ash Content Related to Methane Adsorption Behaviors of Bituminous Coals
Department of Chemical Engineering, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610065, China
Received 10 January 2014; Revised 9 April 2014; Accepted 23 April 2014; Published 19 May 2014
Academic Editor: Jerzy Bałdyga
Copyright © 2014 Yanyan Feng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Xu, D. Z. Tang, D. M. Liu et al., “Study on coalbed methane accumulation characteristics and favorable areas in the Binchang area,” International Journal of Coal Geology, vol. 95, pp. 1–11, 2012.
- Y. Feng, C. Jiang, D. Liu, and W. Chu, “Experimental investigations on microstructure and adsorption property of heat-treated coal chars,” Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, vol. 104, pp. 559–566, 2013.
- Y. Feng, W. Yang, D. Liu, and W. Chu, “Surface modification of bituminous coal and its effects on methane adsorption,” Chinese Journal of Chemistry, vol. 31, pp. 1102–1108, 2013.
- H. J. Kim, Y. Shi, J. He, H.-H. Lee, and C.-H. Lee, “Adsorption characteristics of CO2 and CH4 on dry and wet coal from subcritical to supercritical conditions,” Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 171, no. 1, pp. 45–53, 2011.
- C. M. White, D. H. Smith, K. L. Jones et al., “Sequestration of carbon dioxide in coal with enhanced coalbed methane recovery—a review,” Energy and Fuels, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 659–724, 2005.
- Y. Y. Feng, C. F. Jiang, D. J. Liu, and W. Chu, “Microstructure and its influence on CH4 adsorption behavior of deep coal,” Chinese Physics B, vol. 23, no. 2, Article ID 028201, 2014.
- Y. Yao, D. Liu, D. Tang, S. Tang, and W. Huang, “Fractal characterization of adsorption-pores of coals from North China: an investigation on CH4 adsorption capacity of coals,” International Journal of Coal Geology, vol. 73, no. 1, pp. 27–42, 2008.
- Y. Yao, D. Liu, D. Tang et al., “Fractal characterization of seepage-pores of coals from China: an investigation on permeability of coals,” Computers and Geosciences, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 1159–1166, 2009.
- C. Laxminarayana and P. J. Crosdale, “Role of coal type and rank on methane sorption characteristics of Bowen Basin, Australia coals,” International Journal of Coal Geology, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 309–325, 1999.
- C. Garnier, G. Finqueneisel, T. Zimny et al., “Selection of coals of different maturities for CO2 Storage by modelling of CH4 and CO2 adsorption isotherms,” International Journal of Coal Geology, vol. 87, no. 2, pp. 80–86, 2011.
- D.-F. Zhang, Y.-J. Cui, B. Liu, S.-G. Li, W.-L. Song, and W.-G. Lin, “Supercritical pure methane and CO2 adsorption on various rank coals of China: experiments and modeling,” Energy and Fuels, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 1891–1899, 2011.
- E. Ozdemir and K. Schroeder, “Effect of moisture on adsorption isotherms and adsorption capacities of CO2 on coals,” Energy and Fuels, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 2821–2831, 2009.
- S. Day, R. Sakurovs, and S. Weir, “Supercritical gas sorption on moist coals,” International Journal of Coal Geology, vol. 74, no. 3-4, pp. 203–214, 2008.
- J. E. Fitzgerald, Z. Pan, M. Sudibandriyo, R. L. Robinson Jr., K. A. M. Gasem, and S. Reeves, “Adsorption of methane, nitrogen, carbon dioxide and their mixtures on wet Tiffany coal,” Fuel, vol. 84, no. 18, pp. 2351–2363, 2005.
- R. Sakurovs, S. Day, S. Weir, and G. Duffy, “Temperature dependence of sorption of gases by coals and charcoals,” International Journal of Coal Geology, vol. 73, no. 3-4, pp. 250–258, 2008.
- Y. Cai, D. Liu, Y. Yao, J. Li, and Y. Qiu, “Geological controls on prediction of coalbed methane of No. 3 coal seam in Southern Qinshui Basin, North China,” International Journal of Coal Geology, vol. 88, no. 2-3, pp. 101–112, 2011.
- Y. Cai, D. Liu, Z. Pan, Y. Yao, J. Li, and Y. Qiu, “Pore structure and its impact on CH4 adsorption capacity and flow capability of bituminous and subbituminous coals from Northeast China,” Fuel, vol. 103, pp. 258–268, 2013.
- M. Mastalerz, A. Drobniak, D. Strapoć, W. Solano Acosta, and J. Rupp, “Variations in pore characteristics in high volatile bituminous coals: implications for coal bed gas content,” International Journal of Coal Geology, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. 205–216, 2008.
- Y. B. Melnichenko, L. He, R. Sakurovs et al., “Accessibility of pores in coal to methane and carbon dioxide,” Fuel, vol. 91, no. 1, pp. 200–208, 2012.
- M. J. Lwin, “The effect of different gases on the ultrasonic response of coal,” Geophysics, vol. 76, no. 5, pp. E155–E163, 2011.
- S. Murata, M. Hosokawa, K. Kidena, and M. Nomura, “Analysis of oxygen-functional groups in brown coals,” Fuel Processing Technology, vol. 67, no. 3, pp. 231–243, 2000.
- S. D. Golding, I. T. Uysal, C. J. Boreham, D. Kirste, K. A. Baublys, and J. S. Esterle, “Adsorption and mineral trapping dominate CO2 storage in coal systems,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Greenhouse Gas Control Technologies, vol. 4, pp. 3131–3138, September 2010.
- S. Hao, J. Wen, X. Yu, and W. Chu, “Effect of the surface oxygen groups on methane adsorption on coals,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 264, pp. 433–442, 2013.
- J. Luo, Y. Liu, C. Jiang, W. Chu, W. Jie, and H. Xie, “Experimental and modeling study of methane adsorption on activated carbon derived from anthracite,” Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data, vol. 56, no. 12, pp. 4919–4926, 2011.
- Y. Feng, W. Yang, N. Wang, W. Chu, and D. Liu, “Effect of nitrogen-containing groups on methane adsorption behaviors of carbon spheres,” Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, 2014.
- K. A. Rahman, A. Chakraborty, B. B. Saha, and K. C. Ng, “On thermodynamics of methane + carbonaceous materials adsorption,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 565–573, 2012.
- M. Aoshima, K. Fukasawa, and K. Kaneko, “Micropore filling of supercritical Xe in micropores of activated carbon fibers,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 222, no. 2, pp. 179–183, 2000.