- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Chemical Engineering
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 959845, 9 pages
Aspergillus fumigatus NITDGPKA3 Provides for Increased Cellulase Production
Department of Biotechnology, National Institute of Technology, Mahatma Gandhi Avenue, Durgapur, West Bengal 713209, India
Received 30 September 2013; Accepted 31 March 2014; Published 11 May 2014
Academic Editor: Doraiswami Ramkrishna
Copyright © 2014 Nibedita Sarkar and Kaustav Aikat. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Kapoor, L. M. Nair, and R. C. Kuhad, “Cost-effective xylanase production from free and immobilized Bacillus pumilus strain MK001 and its application in saccharification of Prosopis juliflora,” Biochemical Engineering Journal, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 88–97, 2008.
- R. Muthezhilan, R. Ashok, and S. Jeyalakshmi, “Production and optimization of thermostable alkaline xylanase by Penicillium oxalicum in solid state fermentation,” African Journal of Microbiology, pp. 20–28, 2007.
- Y. Bakri, P. Jacques, and P. Thonart, “Xylanase production by Penicillium canescens 10-10c in solid-state fermentation,” Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology A: Enzyme Engineering and Biotechnology, vol. 108, no. 1–3, pp. 737–748, 2003.
- B. C. Saha, “Production, purification and properties of xylanase from a newly isolated Fusarium proliferatum,” Process Biochemistry, vol. 37, no. 11, pp. 1279–1284, 2002.
- S. Couri, S. Da Costa Terzi, G. A. Saavedra Pinto, S. Pereira Freitas, and A. C. Augusto Da Costa, “Hydrolytic enzyme production in solid-state fermentation by Aspergillus niger 3T5B8,” Process Biochemistry, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 255–261, 2000.
- S. B. Chidi, B. Godana, I. Ncube, E. J. Van Rensburg, A. Cronshaw, and E. K. Abotsi, “Production, purification and characterization of celullase-free xylanase from Aspergillus terreus UL 4209,” African Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 7, no. 21, pp. 3939–3948, 2008.
- S. Pereira, J. Duarte, and M. Costa-Ferreira, “Electroelution as a simple and fast protein purification method: isolation of an extracellular xylanase from Bacillus sp. CCMI 966,” Enzyme and Microbial Technology, vol. 27, no. 1-2, pp. 95–99, 2000.
- Q. Zhang and W. Cai, “Enzymatic hydrolysis of alkali-pretreated rice straw by Trichoderma reesei ZM4-F3,” Biomass and Bioenergy, vol. 32, no. 12, pp. 1130–1135, 2008.
- D. Deswal, Y. P. Khasa, and R. C. Kuhad, “Optimization of cellulase production by a brown rot fungus Fomitopsis sp. RCK2010 under solid state fermentation,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 102, no. 10, pp. 6065–6072, 2011.
- L. G. Ong, S. Abd-Aziz, S. Noraini, M. I. A. Karim, and M. A. Hassan, “Enzyme production and profile by Aspergillus niger during solid substrate fermentation using palm kernel cake as substrate,” Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology A: Enzyme Engineering and Biotechnology, vol. 118, no. 1–3, pp. 73–79, 2004.
- X. J. Wang, J. G. Bai, and Y. X. Liang, “Optimization of multienzyme production by two mixed strains in solid-state fermentation,” Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 73, no. 3, pp. 533–540, 2006.
- D. Gomathi, C. Muthulakshmi, D. G. Kumar, G. Ravikumar, M. Kalaiselvi, and C. Uma, “Submerged fermentation of wheat bran by Aspergillus flavus for production and characterization of carboxy methyl cellulase,” Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine, pp. S67–S73, 2012.
- P. Prasertsan, A. H-Kittikul, A. Kunghae, J. Maneesri, and S. Oi, “Optimization for xylanase and cellulase production from Aspergillus niger ATTC 6275 in palm oil mill wastes and its application,” World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 555–559, 1997.
- L. Jecu, “Solid state fermentation of agricultural wastes for endoglucanase production,” Industrial Crops and Products, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 1–5, 2000.
- M. A. Abo-State, M. Swelim, A. I. Hammad, and R. B. Gannam, “Some critical factors affecting cellulase(S) production by Aspergillus terreus Mam-F23 and Aspergillus flavus Mam-F35 under solid-state fermentation of wheat straw,” World Applied Sciences Journal, vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 1171–1179, 2010.
- L. R. Lynd, P. J. Weimer, W. H. Van Zyl, and I. S. Pretorius, “Microbial cellulose utilization: fundamentals and biotechnology,” Microbiology and Molecular Biology Reviews, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 506–577, 2002.
- R. C. Kasana, R. Salwan, H. Dhar, S. Dutt, and A. Gulati, “A rapid and easy method for the detection of microbial cellulases on agar plates using Gram's iodine,” Current Microbiology, vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 503–507, 2008.
- E. A. Ximenes, C. R. Felix, and C. J. Ulhoa, “Production of cellulases by Aspergillus fumigatus and characterization of one β-glucosidase,” Current Microbiology, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 119–123, 1996.
- A. A. Sherief, A. B. El-Tanash, and N. Atia, “Cellulase production by Aspergillus fumigatus grown on mixed substrate of rice straw and wheat bran,” Research Journal of Microbiology, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 199–211, 2010.
- M. U. Dahot and M. H. Noomrio, “Microbial production of cellulases by Aspergillus fumigatus using wheat straw as a carbon source,” Journal of Islamic Academy of Sciences, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 119–124, 1996.
- R. Soni, A. Nazir, and B. S. Chadha, “Optimization of cellulase production by a versatile Aspergillus fumigatus fresenius strain (AMA) capable of efficient deinking and enzymatic hydrolysis of Solka floc and bagasse,” Industrial Crops and Products, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 277–283, 2010.
- D. Liu, R. Zhang, X. Yang et al., “Thermostable cellulase production of Aspergillus fumigatus Z5 under solid-state fermentation and its application in degradation of agricultural wastes,” International Biodeterioration and Biodegradation, vol. 65, no. 5, pp. 717–725, 2011.
- S. G. Nair, R. Sindhu, and S. Shashidhar, “Fungal xylanase production under solid state and submerged fermentation conditions,” African Journal of Microbiology Research, vol. 2, pp. 082–086, 2008.
- T. Anthony, K. C. Raj, A. Rajendran, and P. Gunasekaran, “Inhibition of proteases during fermentation improves Xylanase production by alkali tolerant Aspergillus fumigatus AR1,” Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering, vol. 96, no. 4, pp. 394–396, 2003.
- T. Anthony, K. C. Raj, A. Rajendran, and P. Gunasekaran, “High molecular weight cellulase-free xylanase from alkali-tolerant Aspergillus fumigatus AR1,” Enzyme and Microbial Technology, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 647–654, 2003.
- V. V. Gilna and K. M. Khaleel, “Cellulase enzyme activity of Aspergillus fumigatus from mangrove soil on lignocellulosic substrate,” Recent Research in Science and Technology, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 132–134, 2011.
- A. L. Grigorevski-Lima, F. N. M. Da Vinha, D. T. Souza et al., “Aspergillus fumigatus thermophilic and acidophilic endoglucanases,” Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, vol. 155, no. 1–3, pp. 321–329, 2009.
- M. Chen, L. Xia, and P. Xue, “Enzymatic hydrolysis of corncob and ethanol production from cellulosic hydrolysate,” International Biodeterioration and Biodegradation, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 85–89, 2007.
- B. C. Saha, L. B. Iten, M. A. Cotta, and Y. V. Wu, “Dilute acid pretreatment, enzymatic saccharification and fermentation of wheat straw to ethanol,” Process Biochemistry, vol. 40, no. 12, pp. 3693–3700, 2005.
- K. R. Aneja, Experiments in Microbiology, Plant Pathology and Biotechnology, New age, Surendranagar, India, 2003.
- L. Wati, S. Kumari, and B. S. Kundu, “Paddy straw as substrate for ethanol production,” Indian Journal of Microbiology, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 26–29, 2007.
- T. K. Ghose, “Measurement of cellulase activities,” Pure and Applied Chemistry, vol. 59, pp. 257–268, 1987.
- C. Sandhya, A. Sumantha, G. Szakacs, and A. Pandey, “Comparative evaluation of neutral protease production by Aspergillus oryzae in submerged and solid-state fermentation,” Process Biochemistry, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 2689–2694, 2005.
- A. Hanif, A. Yasmeen, and M. I. Rajoka, “Induction, production, repression, and de-repression of exoglucanase synthesis in Aspergillus niger,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 94, no. 3, pp. 311–319, 2004.
- M. D. Romero, J. Aguado, L. González, and M. Ladero, “Cellulase production by Neurospora crassa on wheat straw,” Enzyme and Microbial Technology, vol. 25, no. 3–5, pp. 244–250, 1999.
- L. Xia and P. Cen, “Cellulase production by solid state fermentation on lignocellulosic waste from the xylose industry,” Process Biochemistry, vol. 34, no. 9, pp. 909–912, 1999.
- D. J. Daroit, S. T. Silveira, P. F. Hertz, and A. Brandelli, “Production of extracellular β-glucosidase by Monascus purpureus on different growth substrates,” Process Biochemistry, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 904–908, 2007.
- E. Kalogeris, P. Christakopoulos, P. Katapodis et al., “Production and characterization of cellulolytic enzymes from the thermophilic fungus Thermoascus aurantiacus under solid state cultivation of agricultural wastes,” Process Biochemistry, vol. 38, no. 7, pp. 1099–1104, 2003.
- J. Börjesson, R. Peterson, and F. Tjerneld, “Enhanced enzymatic conversion of softwood lignocellulose by poly(ethylene glycol) addition,” Enzyme and Microbial Technology, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 754–762, 2007.
- G. M. Zeng, J. G. Shi, X. Z. Yuan et al., “Effects of Tween 80 and rhamnolipid on the extracellular enzymes of Penicillium simplicissimum isolated from compost,” Enzyme and Microbial Technology, vol. 39, no. 7, pp. 1451–1456, 2006.
- N. Sarkar, S. K. Ghosh, S. Bannerjee, and K. Aikat, “Bioethanol production from agricultural wastes: an overview,” Renewable Energy, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 19–27, 2012.