- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Dentistry
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 679315, 4 pages
The Effect of Variability in the Powder/Liquid Ratio on the Strength of Zinc Phosphate Cement
Restorative Dentistry, Cork University Dental School and Hospital, University College Cork, Ireland
Received 6 July 2011; Revised 27 October 2011; Accepted 27 October 2011
Academic Editor: Ali I. Abdalla
Copyright © 2011 Jill E. McKenna et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Behr, M. Rosentritt, H. Loher et al., “Changes of cement properties caused by mixing errors: the therapeutic range of different cement types,” Dental Materials, vol. 24, no. 9, pp. 1187–1193, 2008.
- F. J. Burke, “Evaluating restorative materials and procedures in dental practice,” Advances in Dental Research, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 46–49, 2005.
- P. A. Brunton, G. J. Christensen, S. W. Cheung, F. J. T. Burke, and N. H. F. Wilson, “Contemporary dental practice in the UK: indirect restorations and fixed prosthodontics,” British Dental Journal, vol. 198, no. 2, pp. 99–103, 2005.
- G. J. P. Fleming, R. M. Shelton, G. Landini, and P. M. Marquis, “The influence of mixing ratio on the toughening mechanisms of a hand-mixed zinc phosphate dental cement,” Dental Materials, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 14–20, 2001.
- J. R. Savignac, C. W. Fairhurst, and G. Ryge, “Strength, solubility and disintegration of zinc phosphate cement with clinically determined powder-liquid ratio,” The Angle Orthodontist, vol. 35, pp. 126–130, 1965.
- W. B. Eames, S. D. Monroe, J. D. Roan, and S. J. O'Neal, “Proportioning and mixing of cements: a comparison of working times,” Operative Dentistry, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 97–104, 1977.
- T. R. Walton, “The flow properties of zinc phosphate cement: an argument for changing the standard,” Australian Dental Journal, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 215–218, 1980.
- G. C. Paffenbarger, W. T. Sweeney, and A. Isaacs, “A preliminary report on the zinc phosphate cement,” Journal of the American Dental Association, vol. 20, pp. 1960–1922, 1933.
- X. S. Timoshenko, Theory of Elasticity, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1st edition, 1934.
- R. G. Fonseca, T. P. Artusi, J. G. dos Santos, and G. L. Adabo, “Diametral tensile strength of dual-curing resin cements submitted exclusively to autopolymerization,” Quintessence International, vol. 38, no. 9, pp. e527–e531, 2007.
- I. S. Medeiros, M. N. Gomes, A. D. Loguercio, and L. E. Filho, “Diametral tensile strength and Vickers hardness of a composite after storage in different solutions,” Journal of Oral Science, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 61–66, 2007.
- G. J. Mount, “Instructions for dental assistants,” in An Atlas of Glass-Lonomer Cements: A Clinician's Gui, pp. 123–131, Martin Duntz, London, UK, 2nd edition, 1994.
- R. W. Billington, J. A. Williams, and G. J. Pearson, “Variation in powder/liquid ratio of a restorative glass-ionomer cement used in dental practice,” British Dental Journal, vol. 169, no. 6, pp. 164–167, 1990.
- J. F. McCabe and A. W. Walls, Applied Dental Materials, chapter28, Blackwell, London, UK, 9th edition, 2008.
- G. J. P. Fleming, P. M. Marquis, and A. C. C. Shortall, “The influence of clinically induced variability on the distribution of compressive fracture strengths of a hand-mixed zinc phosphate dental cement,” Dental Materials, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 87–97, 1999.
- A. H. Dowling and G. J. P. Fleming, “Is encapsulation of posterior glass-ionomer restoratives the solution to clinically induced variability introduced on mixing?” Dental Materials, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 957–966, 2008.
- A. D. Wilder, A. A. Boghosian, S. C. Bayne, H. O. Heymann, J. R. Sturdevant, and T. M. Roberson, “Effect of powder/liquid ratio on the clinical and laboratory performance of resin-modified glass-ionomers,” Journal of Dentistry, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 369–377, 1998.
- E. A. Galun, N. Saleh, and I. Lewinstein, “Diametral tensile strength and bonding to dentin of type I glass ionomer cements,” The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, vol. 72, no. 4, pp. 424–429, 1994.
- S. Ban and K. J. Anusavice, “Influence of test method on failure stress of brittle dental materials,” Journal of Dental Research, vol. 69, no. 12, pp. 1791–1799, 1990.
- S. A. Osman, J. F. McCabe, and A. W. Walls, “Film thickness and rheological properties of luting agents for crown cementation,” The European Journal of Prosthodontics and Restorative Dentistry, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 23–27, 2006.
- G. J. P. Fleming, A. C. C. Shortall, R. M. Shelton, and P. M. Marquis, “Encapsulated verses hand-mixed zinc phosphate dental cement,” Biomaterials, vol. 20, no. 22, pp. 2147–2153, 1999.
- G. J. P. Fleming, G. Landini, and P. M. Marquis, “Properties of encapsulated and hand-mixed zinc phosphate dental cement,” American Journal of Dentistry, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 91–96, 2002.