- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Dentistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 810170, 6 pages
Dental Caries Prevalence and Tooth Loss in Chilean Adult Population: First National Dental Examination Survey
1Cariology Area, Department of Restoring Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Chile, 8380-492 Santiago de Chile, Chile
2School of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of Chile, 8380-453 Santiago de Chile, Chile
3Periodontal Biology Laboratory, Department of Conservative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Chile, Calle Sergio Livingstone pohlhammer 943, Independencia, 8380-492 Santiago de Chile, Chile
4Public Health Area, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Chile, 8380-492 Santiago de Chile, Chile
5Oral Pathology Area, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Chile, 8380-492 Santiago de Chile, Chile
Received 28 August 2012; Revised 16 November 2012; Accepted 21 November 2012
Academic Editor: Marilia Afonso Rabelo Buzalaf
Copyright © 2012 I. Urzua et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. H. Petersson and D. Bratthall, “The caries decline: a review of reviews,” European Journal of Oral Sciences, vol. 104, no. 4, pp. 436–443, 1996.
- S. O. Griffin, P. M. Griffin, J. L. Swann, and N. Zlobin, “New coronal caries in older adults: implications for prevention,” Journal of Dental Research, vol. 84, no. 8, pp. 715–720, 2005.
- B. A. Burt, “Concepts of risk in dental public health,” Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 240–247, 2005.
- P. Petersen, N. Razanamihaja, and V. J. Poulsen, Surveillance of Oral Health among Children and Adults in Madagascar, WHO, Geneva, Switzerland, 2004.
- A. Papas, A. Joshi, and J. Giunta, “Prevalence and intraoral distribution of coronal and root caries in middle-aged and older adults.,” Caries Research, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 459–465, 1992.
- D. M. Winn, J. A. Brunelle, R. H. Selwitz et al., “Coronal and root caries in the dentition of adults in the United States, 1988–1991,” Journal of Dental Research, vol. 75, pp. 642–651, 1996.
- G. D. Slade and A. J. Spencer, “Distribution of coronal and root caries experience among persons aged 60+ in South Australia,” Australian Dental Journal, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 178–184, 1997.
- O. Fejerskov and E. Kidd, Caries Dental: The Disease and Its Clinical Management, Blackwell Munksgaard, 2nd edition, 2008.
- World Health Organization, Oral Health Survey. Basic Methods, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland, 4th edition, 1997.
- P. E. Petersen, D. Bourgeois, D. Bratthall, and H. Ogawa, “Oral health information systems—towards measuring progress in oral health promotion and disease prevention,” Bulletin of the World Health Organization, vol. 83, no. 9, pp. 686–693, 2005.
- S. Sheiham, “Health needs assessment,” in Community Oral Health, C. B. Pine, Ed., pp. 39–54, Wright, Oxford, UK.
- P. E. Petersen, “Priorities for research for oral health in the 21st century: the approach of the WHO Global Oral Health Programme,” Community Dental Health, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 71–74, 2005.
- Ministry of Health, Goverment of Chile. Los Objetivos Sanitarios para la década 2000–2010, 2002.
- Ministerio de Salud de Colombia, “II Estudio de Salud Bucal-ENSAB III y II Estudio nacional de factores de riesgo de enfermedades cronicas-ENFREC II,” Bogotá-Colombia, 1999.
- Ministério da Saúde, “Coordenação nacional de saúde bucal, condições se saúde bucal da população Brasileira 2002-2003 Resultados principais,” Editora MS, 2005.
- Ministério da Saúde Brasil Departamento de Atenção Básica, Coordenação Geral de Saúde Bucal, “Projeto SB Brasil 2010: Pesquisa nacional de Saúde Bucal-Resultados Principais 2011”.
- H. Y. Wang, P. E. Petersen, J. Y. Bian, and B. X. Zhang, “The second national survey of oral health status of children and adults in China,” International Dental Journal, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 283–290, 2002.
- M. Bravo Pérez, E. Casals Peidró, F. J. Cortés Martinicorena, and J. C. Llodra Calvo, “Encuesta de salud oral en España 2005,” RCOE, vol. 11, pp. 409–456, 2006.
- J. Gamonal, Tesis Para Optar Al Grado De Magíster En Periodontología, Facultad de Odontologia, Universidad de Chile, 1996.
- R. Skudutyte, J. Aleksejuniene, and H. M. Eriksen, “Dental caries in adult Lithuanians,” Acta Odontologica Scandinavica, vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 143–147, 2000.
- “Oral health of Canadians improved in 30 years,” January 2012, http:/www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2010/05/10/dental-health-oral-statistics-canada.html.
- R. S. Moreira, L. S. Nico, N. E. Tomita, and T. Ruiz, “A saúde bucal do idoso brasileiro: revisão sistemática sobre o quadro epidemiológico e acesso aos serviços de saúde bucal,” Cadernos de Saúde Pública, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 1665–1675, 2005.
- G. D. Slade, A. J. Spencer, D. Locker, R. J. Hunt, R. P. Strauss, and J. D. Beck, “Variations in the social impact of oral conditions among older adults in South Australia, Ontario, and North Carolina,” Journal of Dental Research, vol. 75, no. 7, pp. 1439–1450, 1996.
- F. N. Hugo, J. B. Hilgert, M. da Luz Rosário de Sousa, and J. A. Cury, “Oral status and its association with general quality of life in older independent-living south-Brazilians,” Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 231–240, 2009.
- A. Thomas, E. Lavrentzou, C. Karouzos, and C. Kontis, “Factors which influence the oral condition of chronic schizophrenia patients,” Special Care in Dentistry, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 84–86, 1996.