- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Dentistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 872367, 6 pages
Severity of Occlusal Disharmonies in Down Syndrome
1Private Practice, Wheaton, IL, USA
2Department of Orthodontics, University of Illinois at Chicago, 801 South Paulina Street, MC 841, Chicago, IL 60612-7211, USA
3Department of Pediatric Dentistry, UIC College of Dentistry, 801 South Paulina Street, MC 850, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Received 9 May 2012; Accepted 4 July 2012
Academic Editor: Figen Seymen
Copyright © 2012 Danielle Bauer et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. B. Petersen and M. Mikkelsen, “Nondisjunction in trisomy 21: origin and mechanisms,” Cytogenetics and Cell Genetics, vol. 91, no. 1-4, pp. 199–203, 2000.
- E. S. Pilcher, “Dental care for the patient with Down Syndrome,” Down Syndrome Research and Practice, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 111–116, 1998.
- J. E. Allanson, P. O'Hara, L. G. Farkas, and R. C. Nair, “Anthropometric craniofacial pattern profiles in Down Syndrome,” American Journal of Medical Genetics, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 748–752, 1993.
- S. Suri, B. D. Tompson, and L. Cornfoot, “Cranial base, maxillary and mandibular morphology in Down Syndrome,” Angle Orthodontist, vol. 80, no. 5, pp. 861–869, 2010.
- G. B. Hopkin, W. J. B. Houston, and G. A. James, “The cranial base as an aetiological factor in malocclusion,” Angle Orthodontist, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 250–255, 1968.
- H. Fischer-Brandies, “Cephalometric comparison between children with and without Down's Syndrome,” European Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 255–263, 1988.
- S. S. Desai, “Down Syndrome: a review of the literature,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology, and Endodontics, vol. 84, no. 3, pp. 279–285, 1997.
- A. Ondarza, L. Jara, P. Muñoz, and R. Blanco, “Sequence of eruption of deciduous dentition in a Chilean sample with Down's Syndrome,” Archives of Oral Biology, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 401–406, 1997.
- A. J. L. Ondarza, M. I. Bertonati, R. Blanco, and L. Jara, “Tooth malalignments in chilean children with Down Syndrome,” Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 188–193, 1995.
- S. Suri, B. D. Tompson, and E. Atenafu, “Prevalence and patterns of permanent tooth agenesis in Down Syndrome and their association with craniofacial morphology,” Angle Orthodontist, vol. 81, no. 2, pp. 260–269, 2011.
- B. G. Russell and I. Kjaer, “Tooth agenesis in Down Syndrome,” American Journal of Medical Genetics, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 466–471, 1995.
- R. López-Pérez, P. López-Morales, S. A. Borges-Yáñez, G. Maupomé, and G. Parés-Vidrio, “Prevalence of bruxism among Mexican children with Down Syndrome,” Downs Syndrome, Research and Practice, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 45–49, 2007.
- N. J. Roizen, “Down Syndrome and associated medical disorders,” Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities Research Reviews, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 85–89, 1996.
- W. Reuland-Bosma, M. C. Reuland, E. Bronkhorst, and K. H. Phoad, “Patterns of tooth agenesis in patients with Down Syndrome in relation to hypothyroidism and congenital heart disease: an aid for treatment planning,” American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, vol. 137, no. 5, pp. 584.e1–584.e9, 2010.
- S. Richmond, W. C. Shaw, K. D. O'Brien et al., “The development of the PAR index (Peer Assessment Rating): reliability and validity,” European Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 125–139, 1992.
- C. Daniels and S. Richmond, “The development of the index of complexity, outcome and need (ICON),” Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 149–162, 2000.
- G. Bhagyalakshmi, A. J. Renukarya, and S. Rajangam, “Metric analysis of the hard palate in children with Down Syndrome: a comparative study,” Downs Syndrome, Research and Practice, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 55–59, 2007.
- E. C. Uong, J. M. McDonough, C. E. Tayag-Kier et al., “Magnetic resonance imaging of the upper airway in children with Down Syndrome,” American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, vol. 163, no. 3, pp. 731–736, 2001.
- G. B. Fink, W. K. Madaus, and G. F. Walker, “A quantitative study of the face in Down's Syndrome,” American Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 67, no. 5, pp. 540–553, 1975.
- A. C. B. Oliveira, S. M. Paiva, M. R. Campos, and D. Czeresnia, “Factors associated with malocclusions in children and adolescents with Down Syndrome,” American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, vol. 133, no. 4, pp. 489.e1–489.e8, 2008.
- M. E. L. de Moraes, L. C. de Moraes, G. N. Dotto, P. P. Dotto, and L. R. A. dos Santos, “Dental anomalies in patients with Down Syndrome,” Brazilian Dental Journal, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 346–350, 2007.
- R. H. Brown and W. M. Cunningham, “Some dental manifestations of mongolism,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 664–676, 1961.
- G. M. Jensen, J. F. Cleall, and A. S. G. Yip, “Dentoalveolar morphology and developmental changes in Down's Syndrome (trisomy 21),” American Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 64, no. 6, pp. 607–618, 1973.
- J. S. Quintanilla, B. M. Biedma, M. Q. Rodríguez, M. T. J. Mora, M. M. S. Cunqueiro, and M. A. Pazos, “Cephalometrics in children with Down's Syndrome,” Pediatric Radiology, vol. 32, no. 9, pp. 635–643, 2002.
- J. Kieser, G. Townsend, and A. Quick, “The Down Syndrome patient in dental practice, part I: pathogenesis and general and dental features,” New Zealand Dental Journal, vol. 99, no. 1, pp. 5–9, 2003.
- F. A. Oredugba, “Oral health condition and treatment needs of a group of Nigerian individuals with Down Syndrome,” Downs Syndrome, Research and Practice, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 72–76, 2007.
- J. Shapira, S. Chaushu, and A. Becker, “Prevalence of tooth transposition, third molar agenesis, and maxillary canine impaction in individuals with Down Syndrome,” Angle Orthodontist, vol. 70, no. 4, pp. 290–296, 2000.
- M. A. Papadopoulos, M. Chatzoudi, and E. G. Kaklamanosc, “Prevalence of tooth transposition : a meta-analysis,” Angle Orthodontist, vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 275–285, 2010.