- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Dentistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 921942, 7 pages
Evaluating the Correlation between Overjet and Skeletal Parameters Using DVT
Postgraduate School of Orthodontics, University of Ferrara, Via Montebello 31, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Received 19 March 2012; Revised 26 May 2012; Accepted 14 June 2012
Academic Editor: Marcelo G. P. Cavalcanti
Copyright © 2012 Luca Lombardo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. R. Proffit and J. L. Ackerman, “Orthodontic diagnosis: the development of a problem list,” in Contemporary Orthodontics, W. R. Proffit and H. W. Fields, Eds., pp. 145–1293, Mosby, St. Louis, Mo, USA, 3rd edition, 2000.
- J. E. Harrison, K. D. O'Brien, and H. V. Worthington, “Orthodontic treatment for prominent upper front teeth in children,” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, vol. 18, no. 3, Article ID CD003452, 2007.
- W. R. Proffit, et al., Contemporary Orthodontics, chapter 1, Mosby, St. Louis, Mo, USA, 2nd edition, 1993.
- W. Hussels and R. S. Nanda, “Analysis of factors affecting angle ANB,” American Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 85, no. 5, pp. 411–423, 1984.
- C. C. Steiner, “The use of cephalometrics as an aid to planning and assessing orthodontic treatment. Report of a case,” American Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 46, no. 10, pp. 721–735, 1960.
- A. Gracco, L. Lombardo, and M. P. Guarneri, La Tomografia Volumetrica Digitale, Edizioni Martina.
- J. L. Tanaka, E. Ono, E. Filho Medici, L. Cesar de Moraes, J. Cezar de Melo Castilho, and M. E. Leonelli de Moraes, “Influence of the facial pattern on ANB, AF-BF, and Wits appraisal,” World Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 369–375, 2006.
- T. J. Cangialosi, M. L. Riolo, S. E. Owens et al., “The ABO discrepancy index: a measure of case complexity,” American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, vol. 125, no. 3, pp. 270–278, 2004.
- G. Perinetti, C. Cordella, F. Pellegrini, and P. Esposito, “The prevalence of malocclusal traits and their correlations in mixed dentition children: results from the Italian OHSAR Survey,” Oral Health & Preventive Dentistry, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 119–129, 2008.
- M. A. G. Silva, U. Wolf, F. Heinicke, A. Bumann, H. Visser, and E. Hirsch, “Cone-beam computed tomography for routine orthodontic treatment planning: a radiation dose evaluation,” American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, vol. 133, no. 5, pp. 640.e1–640.e5, 2008.
- J. Huang, A. Bumann, and J. Mah, “Three-dimensional radiographic analysis in orthodontics,” JCO, vol. 39, no. 7, pp. 421–428, 2005.
- G. Ferrazzini, “Critical evaluation of the ANB angle,” American Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 69, no. 6, pp. 620–626, 1976.
- S. E. Bishara, J. A. Fahl, and L. C. Peterson, “Longitudinal changes in the ANB angle and Wits appraisal: clinical implications,” American Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 84, no. 2, pp. 133–139, 1983.
- M. Del Santo, “Influence of occlusal plane inclination on ANB and Wits assessments of anteroposterior jaw relationships,” American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, vol. 129, no. 5, pp. 641–648, 2006.
- H. Ishikawa, S. Nakamura, H. Iwasaki, S. Kitazawa, H. Tsukada, and Y. Sato, “Dentoalveolar compensation related to variations in sagittal jaw relationships,” Angle Orthodontist, vol. 70, no. 2, pp. 145–148, 2000.
- B. Baydaş, I. Yavuz, I. M. Daǧsuyu, B. Bölükbaşi, and I. Ceylan, “An investigation of maxillary and mandibular morphology in different overjet groups,” Australian Orthodontic Journal, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 11–18, 2004.
- M. Milacic and M. Markovic, “A comparative occlusal and cephalometric study of dental and skeletal anteroposterior relationships,” British Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 53–54, 1983.
- I. Ceylan, I. Yavuz, and F. Arslan, “The effects of overjet on dentoalveolar compensation,” European Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 325–330, 2003.
- S. Zupančič, M. Pohar, F. Farčnik, and M. Ovsenik, “Overjet as a predictor of sagittal skeletal relationships,” European Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 269–273, 2008.
- M. F. Steinke and E. Bezak, “Technological approaches to in-room CBCT imaging,” Australasian Physical and Engineering Sciences in Medicine, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 167–179, 2008.
- O. J. C. van Vlijmen, S. J. Bergé, G. R. J. Swennen, E. M. Bronkhorst, C. Katsaros, and A. M. Kuijpers-Jagtman, “Comparison of cephalometric radiographs obtained from cone-beam computed tomography scans and conventional radiographs,” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 92–97, 2009.