- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Differential Equations
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 461048, 16 pages
Time-Optimal Control of Systems with Fractional Dynamics
Center for Self-Organizing and Intelligent Systems (CSOIS), Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Utah State University, 41260 Old Main Hill, Logan, UT 84322-4160, USA
Received 1 August 2009; Accepted 5 December 2009
Academic Editor: Wen Chen
Copyright © 2010 Christophe Tricaud and YangQuan Chen. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Oustaloup, F. Levron, B. Mathieu, and F. M. Nanot, “Frequency-band complex noninteger differentiator: characterization and synthesis,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 25–39, 2000.
- M. Zamani, M. Karimi-Ghartemani, and N. Sadati, “FOPID controller design for robust performance using particle swarm optimization,” Fractional Calculus & Applied Analysis, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 169–187, 2007.
- L. Sommacal, P. Melchior, A. Oustaloup, J.-M. Cabelguen, and A. J. Ijspeert, “Fractional multi-models of the frog gastrocnemius muscle,” Journal of Vibration and Control, vol. 14, no. 9-10, pp. 1415–1430, 2008.
- D. E. Kirk, Optimal Control Theory: An Introduction, Dover, New York, NY, USA, 2004.
- O. P. Agrawal, “A general formulation and solution scheme for fractional optimal control problems,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 38, no. 1–4, pp. 323–337, 2004.
- C. Tricaud and Y. Q. Chen, “Solving fractional order optimal control problems in riots 95—a general-purpose optimal control problem solver,” in Proceedings of the 3rd IFAC Workshop on Fractional Differentiation and Its Applications, Ankara, Turkey, November 2008.
- O. P. Agrawal and D. Baleanu, “A Hamiltonian formulation and a direct numerical scheme for fractional optimal control problems,” Journal of Vibration and Control, vol. 13, no. 9-10, pp. 1269–1281, 2007.
- O. P. Agrawal, “A quadratic numerical scheme for fractional optimal control problems,” ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, vol. 130, no. 1, Article ID 011010, 6 pages, 2008.
- O. P. Agrawal, “Fractional optimal control of a distributed system using eigenfunctions,” Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 3, no. 2, Article ID 021204, 6 pages, 2008.
- N. Özdemir, D. Karadeniz, and B. B. İskender, “Fractional optimal control problem of a distributed system in cylindrical coordinates,” Physics Letters A, vol. 373, no. 2, pp. 221–226, 2009.
- N. Özdemir, O. P. Agrawal, B. B. İskender, and D. Karadeniz, “Fractional optimal control of a 2-dimensional distributed system using eigenfunctions,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 251–260, 2009.
- D. Baleanu, O. Defterli, and O. P. Agrawal, “A central difference numerical scheme for fractional optimal control problems,” Journal of Vibration and Control, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 583–597, 2009.
- G. S. F. Frederico and D. F. M. Torres, “Noether's theorem for fractional optimal control problems,” in Proceedings of the 2nd IFAC Workshop on Fractional Differentiation and Its Applications, Porto, Portugal, July 2006.
- G. S. F. Frederico and D. F. M. Torres, “Fractional conservation laws in optimal control theory,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 215–222, 2008.
- G. S. F. Frederico and D. F. M. Torres, “Fractional optimal control in the sense of Caputo and the fractional Noether's theorem,” International Mathematical Forum, vol. 3, no. 10, pp. 479–493, 2008.
- Z. D. Jelicic and N. Petrovacki, “Optimality conditions and a solution scheme for fractional optimal control problems,” Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 571–581, 2009.
- P. L. Butzer and U. Westphal, “An introduction to fractional calculus,” in Applications of Fractional Calculus in Physics, pp. 1–85, World Scientific, River Edge, NJ, USA, 2000.
- K. S. Miller and B. Ross, An Introduction to the Fractional Calculus and Fractional Differential Equations, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 198 of Mathematics in Science and Engineering, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- K. B. Oldham and J. Spanier, The Fractional Calculus: Theory and Applications of Differentiation and Integration to Arbitrary Order, vol. 11 of Mathematics in Science and Engineering, Academic Press, London, UK, 1974.
- D. S. Naidu, Optimal Control Systems, vol. 2 of Electrical Engineering Series, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2002.
- C. Tricaud and Y. Q. Chen, “Solution of fractional order optimal control problems using SVD-based rational approximations,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference (ACC '09), pp. 1430–1435, St. Louis, Mo, USA, June 2009.
- A. E. Bryson and Y. C. Ho, Applied Optimal Control, Hemisphere, New York, NY, USA, 1975.
- A. L. Schwartz, Theory and implementation of numerical methods based on runge-kutta integration for solving optimal control problems, Ph.D. thesis, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, Calif, USA, 1989.
- A. L. Schwartz, E. Polak, and Y. Q. Chen, “RIOTS—A MATLAB Toolbox for Solving Optimal Control Problems,” 1997, http://www.accesscom.com/~adam/RIOTS/.