- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Differential Equations
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 520486, 9 pages
Forced Oscillations of Half-Linear Elliptic Equations via Picone-Type Inequality
Department of Mathematics, University of Toyama, Toyama 930-8555, Japan
Received 3 September 2009; Revised 10 December 2009; Accepted 11 December 2009
Academic Editor: Yuri V. Rogovchenko
Copyright © 2010 Norio Yoshida. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. I. Díaz, Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations and Free Boundaries. Vol. I. Elliptic Equation, vol. 106 of Research Notes in Mathematics, Pitman, Boston, Mass, USA, 1985.
- J. Jaroš, T. Kusano, and N. Yoshida, “Picone-type inequalities for half-linear elliptic equations and their applications,” Advances in Mathematical Sciences and Applications, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 709–724, 2002.
- N. Yoshida, “Picone-type inequalities for a class of quasilinear elliptic equations and their applications,” in Differential & Difference Equations and Applications, pp. 1177–1185, Hindawi Publishing Corporation, New York, NY, USA, 2006.
- W.-T. Li and X. Li, “Oscillation criteria for second-order nonlinear differential equations with integrable coefficient,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 1–6, 2000.
- N. Yoshida, “Forced oscillation criteria for superlinear-sublinear elliptic equations via Picone-type inequality,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 363, no. 2, pp. 711–717, 2010.
- N. Yoshida, “Oscillation of half-linear partial differential equations with first order terms,” Studies of the University of Žilina, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 177–184, 2003.
- O. Došlý and P. Řehák, Half-Linear Differential Equations, vol. 202 of North-Holland Mathematics Studies, Elsevier Science B.V., Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2005.
- T. Kusano and Y. Naito, “Oscillation and nonoscillation criteria for second order quasilinear differential equations,” Acta Mathematica Hungarica, vol. 76, no. 1-2, pp. 81–99, 1997.
- T. Kusano, Y. Naito, and A. Ogata, “Strong oscillation and nonoscillation of quasilinear differential equations of second order,” Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 1994.
- T. Kusano, J. Jaroš, and N. Yoshida, “A Picone-type identity and Sturmian comparison and oscillation theorems for a class of half-linear partial differential equations of second order,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 40, no. 1–8, pp. 381–395, 2000.
- N. Yoshida, Oscillation Theory of Partial Differential Equations, World Scientific, Hackensack, NJ, USA, 2008.