- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Differential Equations
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 673526, 12 pages
Multiple Solutions of Quasilinear Elliptic Equations in
Department of Natural Sciences, Center for General Education, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan 333, Taiwan
Received 1 October 2009; Revised 15 January 2010; Accepted 1 March 2010
Academic Editor: Martin D. Schechter
Copyright © 2010 Huei-li Lin. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. L. Lions, “The concentration-compactness principle in the calculus of variations. The locally compact case. I,” Annales de l'Institut Henri Poincaré. Analyse Non Linéaire, vol. 1, pp. 109–145, 1984.
- P. L. Lions, “The concentration-compactness principle in the calculus of variations. The locally compact case. II,” Annales de l'Institut Henri Poincaré. Analyse Non Linéaire, vol. 1, pp. 223–283, 1984.
- V. Benci and G. Cerami, “Positive solutions of some nonlinear elliptic problems in exterior domains,” Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, vol. 99, no. 4, pp. 283–300, 1987.
- A. Bahri and Y. Y. Li, “On a min-max procedure for the existence of a positive solution for certain scalar field equations in ,” Revista Matemática Iberoamericana, vol. 6, no. 1-2, pp. 1–15, 1990.
- D. M. Cao, “Multiple solutions for a Neumann problem in an exterior domain,” Communications in Partial Differential Equations, vol. 18, no. 3-4, pp. 687–700, 1993.
- G. Cerami, S. Solimini, and M. Struwe, “Some existence results for superlinear elliptic boundary value problems involving critical exponents,” Journal of Functional Analysis, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 289–306, 1986.
- M. Struwe, Variational Methods, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2nd edition, 1996.
- C. O. Alves, “Existence of positive solutions for a problem with lack of compactness involving the -Laplacian,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 51, no. 7, pp. 1187–1206, 2002.
- G. B. Li and S. S. Yan, “Eigenvalue problems for quasilinear elliptic equations on ,” Communications in Partial Differential Equations, vol. 14, no. 8-9, pp. 1291–1314, 1989.
- J. Marcos do Ó, “On existence and concentration of positive bound states of -Laplacian equations in involving critical growth,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 62, no. 5, pp. 777–801, 2005.
- J. Serrin and M. Tang, “Uniqueness of ground states for quasilinear elliptic equations,” Indiana University Mathematics Journal, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 897–923, 2000.
- Y. Li and C. Zhao, “A note on exponential decay properties of ground states for quasilinear elliptic equations,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 133, no. 7, pp. 2005–2012, 2005.
- X. P. Zhu, “Multiple entire solutions of a semilinear elliptic equation,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 12, no. 11, pp. 1297–1316, 1988.
- C. Miranda, “Un'osservazione su un teorema di Brouwer,” Bollettino dell'Unione Matematica Italiana, vol. 3, pp. 5–7, 1940.
- T.-S. Hsu, “Multiple solutions for semilinear elliptic equations in unbounded cylinder domains,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh A, vol. 134, no. 4, pp. 719–731, 2004.
- J. F. Yang, “Positive solutions of quasilinear elliptic obstacle problems with critical exponents,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 25, no. 12, pp. 1283–1306, 1995.