- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Differential Equations
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 193813, 19 pages
Slip Effects on Fractional Viscoelastic Fluids
1Abdus Salam School of Mathematical Sciences, GC University, Lahore 54600, Pakistan
2Department of Mathematics, NED University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi 75270, Pakistan
3Department of Mathematics, University of Karachi, Karachi 75270, Pakistan
Received 23 May 2011; Accepted 7 September 2011
Academic Editor: Wen Chen
Copyright © 2011 Muhammad Jamil and Najeeb Alam Khan. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Fetecau, M. Khan, C. Fetecau, and H. T. Qi, “Exact solutions for the flow of a generalized Oldroyd-B fluid induced by a suddenly moved plate between two side walls perpendicular to the plate,” Proceeding of the Romanian academy, Series A, vol. 11, pp. 3–10, 2010.
- J. Zierep and C. Fetecau, “Energetic balance for the Rayleigh-Stokes problem of a Maxwell fluid,” International Journal of Engineering Science, vol. 45, no. 2–8, pp. 617–627, 2007.
- T. Hayat, A. H. Kara, and E. Momoniat, “Travelling wave solutions to Stokes' problem for a fourth grade fluid,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 1613–1619, 2009.
- L. Zheng, F. Zhao, and X. Zhang, “Exact solutions for generalized Maxwell fluid flow due to oscillatory and constantly accelerating plate,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 3744–3751, 2010.
- T. Hayat, S. Nadeem, and S. Asghar, “Periodic unidirectional flows of a viscoelastic fluid with the fractional Maxwell model,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 151, no. 1, pp. 153–161, 2004.
- R. S. Lakes, Viscoelastic Solids, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 1999.
- R. G. Larson, The Structure and Rheology of Complex Fluids, Oxford University Press, NewYork, NY, USA, 1999.
- D. Craiem, F. J. Rojo, J. M. Atienza, R. L. Armentano, and G. V. Guinea, “Fractional-order viscoelasticity applied to describe uniaxial stress relaxation of human arteries,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 53, no. 17, pp. 4543–4554, 2008.
- D. Craiem and R. L. Armentano, “A fractional derivative model to describe arterial viscoelasticity,” Biorheology, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 251–263, 2007.
- M. Khan, S. Hyder Ali, C. Fetecau, and H. Qi, “Decay of potential vortex for a viscoelastic fluid with fractional Maxwell model,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 2526–2533, 2009.
- A. Mahmood, S. Parveen, A. Ara, and N. A. Khan, “Exact analytic solutions for the unsteady flow of a non-Newtonian fluid between two cylinders with fractional derivative model,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 3309–3319, 2009.
- S. Wang and M. Xu, “Axial Couette flow of two kinds of fractional viscoelastic fluids in an annulus,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 1087–1096, 2009.
- C. Fetecau, M. Jamil, C. Fetecau, and D. Vieru, “The Rayleigh-Stokes problem for an edge in a generalized Oldroyd-B fluid,” Zeitschrift fur Angewandte Mathematik und Physik, vol. 60, no. 5, pp. 921–933, 2009.
- C. Fetecau, A. Mahmood, and M. Jamil, “Exact solutions for the flow of a viscoelastic fluid induced by a circular cylinder subject to a time dependent shear stress,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 15, no. 12, pp. 3931–3938, 2010.
- L. C. Zheng, K. N. Wang, and Y. T. Gao, “Unsteady flow and heat transfer of a generalized Maxwell fluid due to a hyperbolic sine accelerating plate,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 61, no. 8, pp. 2209–2212, 2011.
- C. Fetecau, M. Jamil, and A. Mahmood, “Flow of fractional Maxwell fluid betweencoaxial cylinders,” Archive of Applied Mechanics, vol. 81, pp. 1153–1163, 2011.
- M. Jamil, A. Rauf, A. A. Zafar, and N. A. Khan, “New exact analytical solutions for Stokes firstproblem of Maxwell fluid with fractional derivative approach,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 62, pp. 1013–1023, 2011.
- M. Jamil, N. A. Khan, and A. A. Zafar, “Translational flows of an Oldroyd-B fluid with fractional derivatives,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 1540–1553, 2011.
- A. Heibig and L. I. Palade, “On the rest state stability of an objective fractional derivative viscoelastic fluid model,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 49, no. 4, Article ID 043101, 2008.
- C. Friedrich, “Relaxation and retardation functions of the Maxwell model with fractional derivatives,” Rheologica Acta, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 151–158, 1991.
- A. Germant, “On fractional differentials,” Philosophical Magazine, vol. 25, pp. 540–549, 1938.
- R. L. Bagley and P. J. Torvik, “A theoretical basis for the applications of fractional calculus to viscoelasticity,” Journal of Rheology, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 201–210, 1983.
- N. Makris, G. F. Dargush, and M. C. Constantinou, “Dynamic analysis of generalized viscoelastic fluids,” Journal of Engineering Mechanics, vol. 119, no. 8, pp. 1663–1679, 1993.
- L. I. Palade, P. Attané, R. R. Huilgol, and B. Mena, “Anomalous stability behavior of a properly invariant constitutive equation which generalises fractional derivative models,” International Journal of Engineering Science, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 315–329, 1999.
- C. Derek, D. C. Tretheway, and C. D. Meinhart, “A generating mechanism for apparent fluid slip in hydrophobic microchannels,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 16, no. 5, article 1509, 7 pages, 2004.
- G. V. Vinogradov and L. I. Ivanova, “Wall slippage and elastic turbulence of polymers in the rubbery state,” Rheologica Acta, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 243–254, 1968.
- S. Luk, R. Mutharasan, and D. Apelian, “Experimental observations of wall slip: tube and packed bed flow,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 26, no. 8, pp. 1609–1616, 1987.
- K. B. Migler, H. Hervet, and L. Leger, “Slip transition of a polymer melt under shear stress,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 287–290, 1993.
- S. G. Hatzikiriakos and J. M. Dealy, “Wall slip of molten high density polyethylenes. II. Capillary rheometer studies,” Journal of Rheology, vol. 36, pp. 703–741, 1992.
- A. R. A. Khaled and K. Vafai, “The effect of the slip condition on Stokes and Couette flows due to an oscillating wall: exact solutions,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 795–809, 2004.
- T. Hayat, M. Khan, and M. Ayub, “The effect of the slip condition on flows of an Oldroyd 6-constant fluid,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 202, no. 2, pp. 402–413, 2007.
- M. Khan, “Partial slip effects on the oscillatory flows of a fractional Jeffrey fluid in a porous medium,” Journal of Porous Media, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 473–487, 2007.
- R. Ellahi, T. Hayat, and F. M. Mahomed, “Generalized couette flow of a third-grade fluid with slip: the exact solutions,” Zeitschrift fur Naturforschung—Section A, vol. 65, no. 12, pp. 1071–1076, 2010.
- T. Hayat, S. Najam, M. Sajid, M. Ayub, and S. Mesloub, “On exact solutions for oscillatory flows in a generalized Burgers fluid with slip condition,” Zeitschrift fur Naturforschung—Section A, vol. 65, no. 5, pp. 381–391, 2010.
- T. Hayat, S. Zaib, C. Fetecau, and C. Fetecau, “Flows in a fractional generalized Burgers' fluid,” Journal of Porous Media, vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 725–739, 2010.
- L. Zheng, Y. Liu, and X. Zhang, “Slip effects on MHD flow of a generalized Oldroyd-B fluid withfractional derivative,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 513–523, 2012.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- F. Mainardi, Frcational Calculus and Waves in Linear Viscoelasticity: An Introduction to Mathemtical Models, Imperial College Press, London, UK, 2010.
- I. C. Christov, “Stokes' first problem for some non-Newtonian fluids: results and mistakes,” Mechanics Research Communications, vol. 37, no. 8, pp. 717–723, 2010.
- A. M. Mathai, R. K. Saxena, and H. J. Haubold, “Solutions of certain fractional kinetic equations and a fractional diffusion equation,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 51, no. 10, Article ID 103506, 2010.
- L. Debnath and D. Bhatta, Integral Transforms and Their Applications, Chapman & Hall/CRC, 2nd edition, 2007.
- W. Tan and M. Xu, “Plane surface suddenly set in motion in a viscoelastic fluid with fractional Maxwell model,” Acta Mechanica Sinica, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 342–349, 2002.
- H. Qi and M. Xu, “Stokes' first problem for a viscoelastic fluid with the generalized Oldroyd-B model,” Acta Mechanica Sinica/Lixue Xuebao, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 463–469, 2007.
- W. C. Tan and M. Y. Xu, “The impulsive motion of flat plate in a generalized second grade fluid,” Mechanics Research Communications, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 3–9, 2002.