- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Differential Equations
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 237045, 12 pages
Homotopy Analysis Method for Solving Foam Drainage Equation with Space- and Time-Fractional Derivatives
Department of Mathematics, Neyshabour Branch, Islamic Azad University, Neyshabour, Iran
Received 4 May 2011; Accepted 12 May 2011
Academic Editor: Shaher M. Momani
Copyright © 2011 Hadi Hosseini Fadravi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Blank, “Numerical treatment of differential equations of fractional order,” Numerical Analysis Report 287, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK, 1996.
- M. Caputo, “Linear models of dissipation whose Q is almost frequency independent,” Journal of the Royal Australian Historical Society, vol. 13, part 2, pp. 529–539, 1967.
- K. B. Oldham and J. Spanier, The Fractional Calculus, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1974.
- S. Momani and N. T. Shawagfeh, “Decomposition method for solving fractional Riccati differential equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 182, no. 2, pp. 1083–1092, 2006.
- Z. Odibat and S. Momani, “Modified homotopy perturbation method: application to quadratic Riccati differential equation of fractional order,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 167–174, 2008.
- Z. Odibat and S. Momani, “Application of variation iteration method to nonlinear differential equations of fractional order,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 1, no. 7, pp. 15–27, 2006.
- A. S. Bataineh, A. K. Alomari, M. S. M. Noorani, I. Hashim, and R. Nazar, “Series solutions of systems of nonlinear fractional differential equations,” Acta Applicandae Mathematicae, vol. 105, no. 2, pp. 189–198, 2009.
- M. Dehghan, J. Manafian, and A. Saadatmandi, “Solving nonlinear fractional partial differential equations using the homotopy analysis method,” Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 448–479, 2010.
- S. J. Liao, The proposed homotopy analysis technique for the solution of nonlinear problems, Ph.D. thesis, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 1992.
- S. J. Liao, Beyond Perturbation: Introduction to the Homotopy Analysis Method, Chapman & Hall/CRC, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2003.
- S. J. Liao, “On the homotopy analysis method for nonlinear problems,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 147, no. 2, pp. 499–513, 2004.
- S. J. Liao, “Comparison between the homotopy analysis method and homotopy perturbation method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 169, no. 2, pp. 1186–1194, 2005.
- S. J. Liao, “Homotopy analysis method: a new analytical technique for nonlinear problems,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 95–100, 1997.
- T. Hayat, M. Khan, and M. Ayub, “On non-linear flows with slip boundary condition,” Zeitschrift für Angewandte Mathematik und Physik, vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 1012–1029, 2005.
- S. Abbasbandy, “Soliton solutions for the 5th-order KdV equation with the homotopy analysis method,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 51, no. 1-2, pp. 83–87, 2008.
- H. Jafari, M. Saeidy, and M. A. Firoozjaee, “The homotopy analysis method for solving higher dimensional initial boundary value problems of variable coefficients,” Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 1021–1032, 2010.
- S. P. Zhu, “An exact and explicit solution for the valuation of American put options,” Quantitative Finance, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 229–242, 2006.
- D. Weaire and S. Hutzler, The Physic of Foams, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 2000.
- D. Weaire, S. Hutzler, S. Cox, M. D. Alonso, and D. Drenckhan, “The fluid dynmaics of foams,” Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, vol. 15, pp. 65–72, 2003.
- M. A. Helal and M. S. Mehanna, “The tanh method and Adomian decomposition method for solving the foam drainage equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 190, no. 1, pp. 599–609, 2007.
- S. Hilgenfeldt, S. A. Koehler, and H. A. Stone, “Dynamics of coarsening foams: accelerated and self-limiting drainage,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 86, no. 20, pp. 4704–4707, 2001.
- G. Verbist, D. Weaire, and A. M. Kraynik, “The foam drainage equation,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 8, no. 21, pp. 3715–3731, 1996.
- Z. Dahmani, M. M. Mesmoudi, and R. Bebbouchi, “The foam drainage equation with time- and space-fractional derivatives solved by the Adomian method,” Electronic Journal of Qualitative Theory of Differential Equations, vol. 30, pp. 1–10, 2008.
- Z. Dahmani and A. Anber, “The variational iteration method for solving the fractional foam drainage equation,” International Journal of Nonlinear Science, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 39–45, 2010.
- B. J. West, M. Bologna, and P. Grigolini, Physics of Fractal Operators, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- K. S. Miller and B. Ross, An Introduction to the Fractional Calculus and Fractional Differential Equations, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- S. G. Samko, A. A. Kilbas, and O. I. Marichev, Fractional Integrals and Derivatives: Theory and Applications, Gordon and Breach, Yverdon, Switzerland, 1993.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- J. H. He, “Homotopy perturbation technique,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 178, no. 3-4, pp. 257–262, 1999.