- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Differential Equations
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 261963, 16 pages
On a Constructive Approach for Derivative-Dependent Singular Boundary Value Problems
1Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur 721302, India
2Department of Mathematics, BITS Pilani, Rajasthan, Pilani 333031, India
Received 20 May 2011; Revised 24 August 2011; Accepted 13 September 2011
Academic Editor: Alberto Cabada
Copyright © 2011 R. K. Pandey and Amit K. Verma. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Cherpion, C. De Coster, and P. Habets, “A constructive monotone iterative method for second-order BVP in the presence of lower and upper solutions,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 123, no. 1, pp. 75–91, 2001.
- R. P. Agarwal and D. O'Regan, “Singular boundary value problems for superlinear second order ordinary and delay differential equations,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 130, no. 2, pp. 333–355, 1996.
- P. G. Ciarlet, F. Natterer, and R. S. Varga, “Numerical methods of high-order accuracy for singular nonlinear boundary value problems,” Numerische Mathematik, vol. 15, pp. 87–99, 1970.
- Y. Zhang, “Existence of solutions of a kind of singular boundary value problem,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 153–159, 1993.
- Y. Zhang, “A note on the solvability of singular boundary value problems,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 1605–1609, 1996.
- R. K. Pandey, “On a class of weakly regular singular two-point boundary value problems. I,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 1996.
- L. E. Bobisud, “Existence of solutions for nonlinear singular boundary value problems,” Applicable Analysis, vol. 35, no. 1–4, pp. 43–57, 1990.
- D. R. Dunninger and J. C. Kurtz, “Existence of solutions for some nonlinear singular boundary value problems,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 115, no. 2, pp. 396–405, 1986.
- D. O'Regan, “Existence theorems for certain classes of singular boundary value problems,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 168, no. 2, pp. 523–539, 1992.
- I. Stakgold, Green's Functions and Boundary Value Problems, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1979.
- E. C. Titchmarsh, Eigenfunction Expansions Part I, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, 1962.
- D. O'Regan, “Existence principles for second order nonresonant boundary value problems,” Journal of Applied Mathematics and Stochastic Analysis, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 487–507, 1994.