- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Differential Equations
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 495202, 19 pages
A Time-Space Collocation Spectral Approximation for a Class of Time Fractional Differential Equations
Department of Mathematics, School of Sciences, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou 510641, China
Received 22 May 2012; Revised 26 July 2012; Accepted 29 July 2012
Academic Editor: Fawang Liu
Copyright © 2012 Fenghui Huang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 198 of Mathematics in Science and Engineering, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- W. Wyss, “The fractional diffusion equation,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 27, no. 11, pp. 2782–2785, 1986.
- W. R. Schneider and W. Wyss, “Fractional diffusion and wave equations,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 134–144, 1989.
- F. Huang and F. Liu, “The time fractional diffusion equation and the advection-dispersion equation,” The Australian & New Zealand Industrial and Applied Mathematics Journal, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 317–330, 2005.
- F. Huang and B. Guo, “General solutions to a class of time fractional partial differential equations,” Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, vol. 31, no. 7, pp. 815–826, 2010.
- Y. Luchko and R. Goren°o, “The initial value problem for some fractional differen-tial equations with the Caputo derivatives,” Preprint Series A08-98, Fachbreich Mathematik und Informatik, Freic Universitat Berlin, 1998.
- N. T. Shawagfeh, “Analytical approximate solutions for nonlinear fractional differential equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 131, no. 2-3, pp. 517–529, 2002.
- S. G. Samko, A. A. Kilbas, and O. I. Marichev, Fractional Integrals and Derivatives, Gordon and Breach Science Publishers, Yverdon, Switzerland, 1993.
- J. Chen, F. Liu, and V. Anh, “Analytical solution for the time-fractional telegraph equation by the method of separating variables,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 338, no. 2, pp. 1364–1377, 2008.
- M. M. Meerschaert and C. Tadjeran, “Finite difference approximations for fractional advection-dispersion flow equations,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 118, pp. 283–299, 2004.
- T. A. M. Langlands and B. I. Henry, “The accuracy and stability of an implicit solution method for the fractional diffusion equation,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 205, no. 2, pp. 719–736, 2005.
- Y. Lin and C. Xu, “Finite difference/spectral approximations for the time-fractional diffusion equation,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 225, no. 2, pp. 1533–1552, 2007.
- C.-M. Chen, F. Liu, and K. Burrage, “Finite difference methods and a Fourier analysis for the fractional reaction-subdiffusion equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 198, no. 2, pp. 754–769, 2008.
- I. Podlubny, A. Chechkin, T. Skovranek, Y. Chen, and B. M. Vinagre Jara, “Matrix approach to discrete fractional calculus. II. Partial fractional differential equations,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 228, no. 8, pp. 3137–3153, 2009.
- G. J. Fix and J. P. Roop, “Least squares finite-element solution of a fractional order two-point boundary value problem,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 48, no. 7-8, pp. 1017–1033, 2004.
- J. P. Roop, “Computational aspects of FEM approximation of fractional advection dispersion equations on bounded domains in ,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 193, no. 1, pp. 243–268, 2006.
- W. H. Deng, “Finite element method for the space and time fractional Fokker-Planck equation,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 204–226, 2008/09.
- E. Hanert, “A comparison of three Eulerian numerical methods for fractional-order transport models,” Environmental Fluid Mechanics, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 7–20, 2010.
- E. Hanert, “On the numerical solution of space-time fractional diffusion models,” Computers and Fluids, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 33–39, 2011.
- X. Li and C. Xu, “A space-time spectral method for the time fractional diffusion equation,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 2108–2131, 2009.
- Y. Chen and T. Tang, “Convergence analysis of the Jacobi spectral-collocation methods for Volterra integral equations with a weakly singular kernel,” Mathematics of Computation, vol. 79, no. 269, pp. 147–167, 2010.