- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Differential Equations
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 623234, 16 pages
Chaos Control and Synchronization in Fractional-Order Lorenz-Like System
Department of Mathematics, Shivaji University, Vidyanagar, Kolhapur 416004, India
Received 6 May 2012; Accepted 22 June 2012
Academic Editor: Wen Chen
Copyright © 2012 Sachin Bhalekar. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. T. Alligood, T. D. Sauer, and J. A. Yorke, Chaos: An Introduction to Dynamical Systems, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2008.
- E. Ott, C. Grebogi, and J. A. Yorke, “Controlling chaos,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 64, no. 11, pp. 1196–1199, 1990.
- J. Lü and S. Zhang, “Controlling Chen's chaotic attractor using backstepping design based on parameters identification,” Physics Letters, Section A, vol. 286, no. 2-3, pp. 148–152, 2001.
- C. C. Fuh and P. C. Tung, “Controlling chaos using differential geometric method,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 75, no. 16, pp. 2952–2955, 1995.
- E. N. Sanchez, J. P. Perez, M. Martinez, and G. Chen, “Chaos stabilization: an inverse optimal control approach,” Latin American Applied Research, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 111–114, 2002.
- J. A. Lu, J. Xie, J. H. Lu, and S. H. Chen, “Control chaos in transition system using sampled-data feedback,” Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 1309–1315, 2003.
- Y. J. Cao, “A nonlinear adaptive approach to controlling chaotic oscillators,” Physics Letters, Section A, vol. 270, no. 3-4, pp. 171–176, 2000.
- G. Chen and X. Dong, “On feedback control of chaotic continuous-time systems,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 40, no. 9, pp. 591–601, 1993.
- Q. Zongmin and C. Jiaxing, “A novel linear feedback control approach of Lorenz chaotic system,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Intelligence for Modelling, Control and Automation (CIMCA '06), Jointly with International Conference on Intelligent Agents Web Technologies and International Commerce (IAWTIC '06), p. 67, December 2006.
- L. M. Pecora and T. L. Carroll, “Synchronization in chaotic systems,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 64, no. 8, pp. 821–824, 1990.
- L. M. Pecora and T. L. Carroll, “Driving systems with chaotic signals,” Physical Review A, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 2374–2383, 1991.
- L. Kocarev and U. Parlitz, “General approach for chaotic synchronization with applications to communication,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 74, no. 25, pp. 5028–5031, 1995.
- T. L. Carroll, J. F. Heagy, and L. M. Pecora, “Transforming signals with chaotic synchronization,” Physical Review E, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 4676–4680, 1996.
- R. Hilfer, Applications of Fractional Calculus in Physics, World Scientific, River Edge, NJ, USA, 2001.
- R. He and P. G. Vaidya, “Implementation of chaotic cryptography with chaotic synchronization,” Physical Review E, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 1532–1535, 1998.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- S. G. Samko, A. A. Kilbas, and O. I. Marichev, Fractional Integrals and Detivatives: Theory and Applications, Gordon and Breach, Yverdon, Switzerland, 1993.
- A. A. Kilbas, H. M. Srivastava, and J. J. Trujillo, Theory and Applications of Fractional Differential Equations, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2006.
- J. Sabatier, S. Poullain, P. Latteux, J. L. Thomas, and A. Oustaloup, “Robust speed control of a low damped electromechanical system based on CRONE control: application to a four mass experimental test bench,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 38, no. 1–4, pp. 383–400, 2004.
- M. Caputo and F. Mainardi, “A new dissipation model based on memory mechanism,” Pure and Applied Geophysics, vol. 91, no. 1, pp. 134–147, 1971.
- F. Mainardi, Y. Luchko, and G. Pagnini, “The fundamental solution of the spacetime fractional diffusion equation,” Fractional Calculus and Applied Analysis, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 153–192, 2001.
- O. P. Agrawal, “Solution for a fractional diffusion-wave equation defined in a bounded domain,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 29, no. 1–4, pp. 145–155, 2002.
- H. Sun, W. Chen, and Y. Chen, “Variable-order fractional differential operators in anomalous diffusion modeling,” Physica A, vol. 388, no. 21, pp. 4586–4592, 2009.
- I. S. Jesus and J. A. Tenreiro MacHado, “Fractional control of heat diffusion systems,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 263–282, 2008.
- I. S. Jesus, J. A. T. Machado, and R. S. Barbosa, “Control of a heat diffusion system through a fractional order nonlinear algorithm,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 1687–1694, 2010.
- T. J. Anastasio, “The fractional-order dynamics of brainstem vestibulo-oculomotor neurons,” Biological Cybernetics, vol. 72, no. 1, pp. 69–79, 1994.
- M. D. Ortigueira and J. A. T. Machado, “Fractional calculus applications in signals and systems,” Signal Processing, vol. 86, no. 10, pp. 2503–2504, 2006.
- R. L. Magin, Fractional Calculus in Bioengineering, Begll House Publishers, Redding, Conn, USA, 2006.
- D. Matignon, “Stability results for fractional differential equations with applications to control processing,” in Proceedings of the Computational Engineering in Systems and Application Multiconference, vol. 2, pp. 963–968, Lille, France, July 1996.
- A. Kiani-B, K. Fallahi, N. Pariz, and H. Leung, “A chaotic secure communication scheme using fractional chaotic systems based on an extended fractional Kalman filter,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 863–879, 2009.
- I. Grigorenko and E. Grigorenko, “Chaotic dynamics of the fractional Lorenz system,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 91, no. 3, Article ID 034101, 4 pages, 2003.
- C. Li and G. Peng, “Chaos in Chen's system with a fractional order,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 443–450, 2004.
- J. G. Lu, “Chaotic dynamics of the fractional-order Lü system and its synchronization,” Physics Letters, Section A, vol. 354, no. 4, pp. 305–311, 2006.
- C. G. Li and G. Chen, “Chaos and hyperchaos in the fractional order Rossler equations,” Physica A, vol. 341, pp. 55–61, 2004.
- V. Daftardar-Gejji and S. Bhalekar, “Chaos in fractional ordered Liu system,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 1117–1127, 2010.
- X. Wu, J. Li, and G. Chen, “Chaos in the fractional order unified system and its synchronization,” Journal of the Franklin Institute, vol. 345, no. 4, pp. 392–401, 2008.
- S. Bhalekar and V. Daftardar-Gejji, “Fractional ordered Liu system with time-delay,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 2178–2191, 2010.
- W. H. Deng and C. P. Li, “Chaos synchronization of the fractional Lü system,” Physica A, vol. 353, no. 1–4, pp. 61–72, 2005.
- T. Zhou and C. Li, “Synchronization in fractional-order differential systems,” Physica D, vol. 212, no. 1-2, pp. 111–125, 2005.
- J. Wang, X. Xiong, and Y. Zhang, “Extending synchronization scheme to chaotic fractional-order Chen systems,” Physica A, vol. 370, no. 2, pp. 279–285, 2006.
- S. Bhalekar and V. Daftardar-Gejji, “Synchronization of different fractional order chaotic systems using active control,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 15, no. 11, pp. 3536–3546, 2010.
- L. Chongxin, L. Ling, L. Tao, and L. Peng, “A new butterfly-shaped attractor of Lorenz-like system,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 1196–1203, 2006.
- K. Diethelm, N. J. Ford, and A. D. Freed, “A predictor-corrector approach for the numerical solution of fractional differential equations,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 29, no. 1–4, pp. 3–22, 2002.
- K. Diethelm, “An algorithm for the numerical solution of differential equations of fractional order,” Electronic Transactions on Numerical Analysis, vol. 5, pp. 1–6, 1997.
- K. Diethelm and N. J. Ford, “Analysis of fractional differential equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 265, pp. 229–248, 2002.
- M. S. Tavazoei and M. Haeri, “Regular oscillations or chaos in a fractional order system with any effective dimension,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 213–222, 2008.
- M. S. Tavazoei and M. Haeri, “A necessary condition for double scroll attractor existence in fractional-order systems,” Physics Letters, Section A, vol. 367, no. 1-2, pp. 102–113, 2007.
- L. O. Chua, M. Komuro, and T. Matsumoto, “The double-scroll family,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, vol. 33, no. 11, pp. 1072–1118, 1986.
- C. P. Silva, “Shil'nikov's theorem-a tutorial,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 40, pp. 675–682, 1993.
- D. Cafagna and G. Grassi, “New 3D-scroll attractors in hyperchaotic Chua's circuits forming a ring,” International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos in Applied Sciences and Engineering, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 2889–2903, 2003.
- J. Lü, G. Chen, X. Yu, and H. Leung, “Design and analysis of multiscroll chaotic attractors from saturated function series,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 51, no. 12, pp. 2476–2490, 2004.