- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Differential Equations
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 929626, 10 pages
Some Nonlinear Vortex Solutions
1Department of Mathematics and Statistics, York University, Toronto, ON, M3J 1P3, Canada
2Department of Applied Mathematics, University of Western Ontario, London, ON, N6A 5B7, Canada
3Department of Mathematics and Statistics, American University of Sharjah, Sharjah, UAE
Received 3 June 2011; Revised 10 November 2011; Accepted 24 November 2011
Academic Editor: Bashir Ahmad
Copyright © 2012 Michael C. Haslam et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J.-M. Chomaz, “Global instabilities in spatially developing flows: non-normality and nonlinearity,” Annual Review of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 37, pp. 357–392, 2005.
- P. G. Saffman, Vortex Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, New York, NY, USA, 1992.
- J. M. Faddy and D. I. Pullin, “Flow structure in a model of aircraft trailing vortices,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 17, no. 8, Article ID 085106, 2005.
- T. Siegmann-Hegerfeld, S. Albensoeder, and H. C. Kuhlmann, “Two- and three-dimensional flows in nearly rectangular cavities driven by collinear motion of two facing walls,” Experiments in Fluids, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 781–796, 2008.
- K. W. Chow, S. C. Tsang, and C. C. Mak, “Another exact solution for two-dimensional, inviscid sinh Poisson vortex arrays,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 2437–2440, 2003.
- A. Tur, V. Yanovsky, and K. Kulik, “Vortex structures with complex points singularities in two-dimensional Euler equations. New exact solutions,” Physica D, vol. 240, no. 13, pp. 1069–1079, 2011.
- J. T. Stuart, “On finite amplitude oscillations in laminar mixing layers,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 29, pp. 417–440, 1967.
- R. Mallier and S. A. Maslowe, “A row of counter-rotating vortices,” Physics of Fluids A, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 1074–1075, 1993.
- J. Liouville, “Sur l'équation aux différences partielles ,” Journal de Mathématiques Pures et Appliquées, vol. 18, pp. 71–72, 1853.
- D. G. Crowdy, “General solutions to the 2D Liouville equation,” International Journal of Engineering Science, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 141–149, 1997.
- J. Schmid-Burgk, Zweidimensionale selbstkonsistente Lösungen stationären Wlassovgleichung für Zweikomponentenplasmen, Diplomarbeit, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, 1965.
- G. W. Walker, “Some problems illustrating the forms of nebuloe,” Proceedings of the Royal Society A, vol. 91, no. 631, pp. 410–420, 1915.
- A. Barcilon and P. G. Drazin, “Nonlinear waves of vorticity,” Studies in Applied Mathematics, vol. 106, no. 4, pp. 437–479, 2001.
- A. C. Ting, H. H. Chen, and Y. C. Lee, “Exact solutions of a nonlinear boundary value problem: the vortices of the two-dimensional sinh-Poisson equation,” Physica D, vol. 26, no. 1–3, pp. 37–66, 1987.
- M. Abramowitz and I. A. Stegun, Eds., Handbook of Mathematical Functions with Formulas, Graphs, and Mathematical Tables, Dover Publications Inc., New York, NY, USA, 1992.