- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Differential Equations
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 435456, 6 pages
Unboundedness of Solutions of Timoshenko Beam Equations with Damping and Forcing Terms
Department of Mathematics, University of Toyama, Toyama 930-8555, Japan
Received 15 January 2013; Accepted 21 February 2013
Academic Editor: Jaroslav Jaros
Copyright © 2013 Kusuo Kobayashi and Norio Yoshida. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Timoshenko, D. H. Young, and W. Weaver Jr., Vibration Problems in Engineering, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 4th edition, 1974.
- T. M. Wang and J. E. Stephens, “Natural frequencies of Timoshenko beams on pasternak foundations,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 149–155, 1977.
- E. Feireisl and L. Herrmann, “Oscillations of a non-linearly damped extensible beam,” Applications of Mathematics, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 469–478, 1992.
- L. Herrmann, “Vibration of the Euler-Bernoulli beam with allowance for dampings,” in Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering, vol. 2, London, UK, 2008.
- M. Kopáčková, “On periodic solution of a nonlinear beam equation,” Aplikace Matematiky, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 108–115, 1983.
- T. Kusano and N. Yoshida, “Forced oscillations of Timoshenko beams,” Quarterly of Applied Mathematics, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 167–177, 1985.
- N. Yoshida, “Forced oscillations of extensible beams,” SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 211–220, 1985.
- N. Yoshida, “Forced oscillations of nonlinear extensible beams,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Nonlinear Oscillations (Varna, 1984), pp. 814–817, Sofia, Bulgaria, 1985.
- N. Yoshida, “On the zeros of solutions of beam equations,” Annali di Matematica Pura ed Applicata, vol. 151, pp. 389–398, 1988.
- N. Yoshida, “Vibrations of Timoshenko beams with damping and forcingterms,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management of (IEEM '12), 2012.
- J. M. Ball, “Stability theory for an extensible beam,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 14, pp. 399–418, 1973.
- W. E. Fitzgibbon, “Global existence and boundedness of solutions to the extensible beam equation,” SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 739–745, 1982.
- T. Narazaki, “On the time global solutions of perturbed beam equations,” Proceedings of the Faculty of Science of Tokai University, vol. 16, pp. 51–71, 1981.