- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Differential Equations
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 743943, 9 pages
Existence of Positive Solutions for Higher Order -Laplacian Two-Point Boundary Value Problems
1Department of Applied Mathematics, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam 530003, India
2Department of Mathematics, VITAM College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam 531173, India
Received 17 April 2013; Revised 17 July 2013; Accepted 17 July 2013
Academic Editor: Kanishka Perera
Copyright © 2013 Rajendra Prasad Kapula et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. P. Agarwal, D. O'Regan, and P. J. Y. Wong, Positive Solutions of Differential, Difference and Integral Equations, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1999.
- P. V. S. Anand, P. Murali, and K. R. Prasad, “Multiple symmetric positive solutions for systems of higher order boundary-value problems on time scales,” Electronic Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 2011, no. 102, pp. 1–12, 2011.
- D. R. Anderson, “Eigenvalue intervals for even-order Sturm-Liouville dynamic equations,” Communications on Applied Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 1–13, 2005.
- R. I. Avery, “A generalization of the Leggett-Williams fixed point theorem,” Mathematical Sciences Research Hot-Line, vol. 3, no. 7, pp. 9–14, 1999.
- R. I. Avery, J. M. Davis, and J. Henderson, “Three symmetric positive solutions for Lidstone problems by a generalization of the Leggett-Williams theorem,” Electronic Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 2000, no. 40, pp. 1–15, 2000.
- J. M. Davis, J. Henderson, and P. J. Y. Wong, “General Lidstone problems: multiplicity and symmetry of solutions,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 251, no. 2, pp. 527–548, 2000.
- L. H. Erbe and H. Wang, “On the existence of positive solutions of ordinary differential equations,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 120, no. 3, pp. 743–748, 1994.
- D. J. Guo and V. Lakshmikantham, Nonlinear Problems in Abstract Cones, vol. 5 of Notes and Reports in Mathematics in Science and Engineering, Academic Press, Boston, Mass, USA, 1988.
- J. Henderson, P. Murali, and K. R. Prasad, “Multiple symmetric positive solutions for two-point even order boundary value problems on time scales,” Mathematics in Engineering, Science and Aerospace, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 105–117, 2010.
- J. Henderson and H. B. Thompson, “Multiple symmetric positive solutions for a second order boundary value problem,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 128, no. 8, pp. 2373–2379, 2000.
- K. R. Prasad, P. Murali, and N. V. V. S. Suryanarayana, “Multiple positive solutions for the system of higher order two-point boundary value problems on time scales,” Electronic Journal of Qualitative Theory of Differential Equations, vol. 2009, no. 32, pp. 1–13, 2009.
- K. R. Prasad and P. Murali, “Solvability of p-Laplacian singular boundary value problems on time scales,” Advances in Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 377–391, 2012.