- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Digital Multimedia Broadcasting
Volume 2008 (2008), Article ID 319063, 18 pages
Real-Time DVB-MHP Interactive Data Transcoding to Blu-Ray
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, The University of British Columbia, 2332 Main Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z4
Received 15 April 2008; Revised 30 June 2008; Accepted 23 August 2008
Academic Editor: M. Roccetti
Copyright © 2008 Sergio Infante and Panos Nasiopoulos. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- “DVB Multimedia Home Platform (MHP) Specification 1.0.3,” European Telecommunications Standards Institute TS 102 812, 2003.
- J. Piesing, “The DVB multimedia home platform (MHP) and related specifications,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 94, no. 1, pp. 237–247, 2006.
- K. Arnold and J. Gosling, The Java Programming Language, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass, USA, 2nd edition, 1997.
- J. Gosling and H. McGilton, The Java Language Environment, Sun Microsystems, Mountain View, Calif, USA, 1996.
- A. Lugmar, S. Niiranen, and S. Kalli, Digital Interactive TV and Metadata: Future Broadcast Multimedia, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2004.
- European Broadcasting Union, Digital Video Broadcasting Group, “GEM 1.0.2: Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB); Globally Executable MHP (GEM),” European Telecommunications Standards Institute TS 102 819 V1.3.1, 2005.
- Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers, “SCTE Application Platform Standard OCAP 1.0 profile,” SCTE 90-1, 2005.
- Advanced Television Systems Committee, “ATSC Standard: Advanced Common Applications Platform (ACAP),” ATSC A/101, 2005.
- Blu-Ray Disc Association, “System Description Blu-Ray Disc Read-Only Format, Part 3: Audio Visual Basic Specifications,” 2006.
- S. Morris and A. Smith-Chaigneau, Interactive TV Standards: A Guide to MHP, OCAP and Java TV, Focal Press, Oxford, UK, 2005.
- U. H. Reimers, “DVB—the family of international standards for digital video broadcasting,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 94, no. 1, pp. 173–182, 2006.
- Moving Picture Experts Group, “Information technology—generic coding of moving pictures and associated audio information: video,” ISO/IEC 13818-2:2000, 2000.
- Moving Picture Experts Group, “Information technology—generic coding of moving pictures and associated audio information: audio,” ISO/IEC 13818-3:2000, 2000.
- Moving Picture Experts Group, “Information technology—Generic coding of moving pictures and associated audio information: systems,” ISO/IEC 13818-1:2000, 2000.
- European Telecommunications Standards Institute, “Implementation guidelines for the use of video and audio coding in broadcasting applications based on the MPEG-2 transport stream,” Tech. Rep. TS 101 154, ETSI, Cedex, France, June 2005.
- European Telecommunications Standards Institute, “Specification for the use of video and audio coding in DVB services delivered over IP,” Tech. Rep. TS 102 005, ETSI, Cedex, France, July 2007.
- Digital Video Broadcasting, “Specification for Service Information (SI) in DVB systems,” European norm.
- Moving Picture Experts Group, “Generic coding of moving pictures and associated audio information—part 6: extension for digital storage media command and control (DSM-CC),” International Standards Organization/International Electrotechnical Comission 13818-6, 1997.
- European Telecommunications Standards Institute, “Implementation guidelines for Data Broadcasting,” Tech. Rep. TR 101 202, ETSI, Cedex, France, 2003.
- V. Balabanian, L. Casey, N. Greene, and N. C. Adams, “An introduction to digital storage media—command and control,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 34, no. 11, pp. 122–127, 1996.
- R. J. Crinon, D. Bhat, D. Catapano, G. Thomas, J. T. Van Loo, and G. Bang, “Data broadcasting and interactive television,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 94, no. 1, pp. 102–118, 2006.
- European Telecommunications Standards Institute, “DVB specification for data broadcasting,” Tech. Rep. TS 101 192, ETSI, Cedex, France, June 1999.
- R. J. Crinon, “DSM-CC object carousel for broadcast data services,” in Proceedings of the 16th IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics (ICCE '97), pp. 246–247, Rosemont, Ill, USA, June 1997.
- H. Zhang, T. Jiang, Z. Gu, and S. Zheng, “Design and implementation of broadcast file system based on DSM-CC data carousel protocol,” IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 929–933, 2004.
- E. M. Schwalb, iTV Handbook: Technologies and Standards, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 2003.
- Sun Microsystems, “Jar File Specification,” 1999.
- PKWare, “Zip File Format Specification Version 6.3.0,” 2006.
- P. Newton, D. Kelly, J. Tan, J. Shi, and L. Gan, “Recording interactive TV,” IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 540–544, 2005.
- J. Tan, J. Shi, L. Gan, D. Kell, and P. Newton, “Solutions and systems for recording interactive TV,” in Procedings of the 7th International Symposium on Optical Storage (ISOS '05), vol. 5966 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 1–7, Zhanjiang, China, April 2005.
- D.-H. Park, T.-Y. Ku, and K.-D. Moon, “Real-time carousel caching and monitoring in data broadcasting,” IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 144–149, 2006.
- Z. Mai, P. Nasiopoulos, R. K. Ward, and S. Infante, “Real-time DVB-MHP to blu-ray system information transcoding,” IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 639–647, 2008.
- Cineca Interuniversity Consortium, “Just DVB-It,” May 2007, http://www.cineca.tv/labs/mhplab/JustDVb-It 2.0.html.