- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Digital Multimedia Broadcasting
Volume 2008 (2008), Article ID 843270, 11 pages
Evolving the Convergence of Telecommunication and TV Services over NGN
1Fraunhofer FOKUS, Next Generation Network Infrastructures (NGNI), Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31, 10589 Berlin, Germany
2Technische Universität Berlin, Sekr. FR 5-14, Franklinstrasse 28/29, 10587 Berlin, Germany
Received 1 April 2008; Revised 6 August 2008; Accepted 20 October 2008
Academic Editor: Ravi Sharma
Copyright © 2008 Adel Al-Hezmi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- BT Vision, http://www.btvision.bt.com/.
- T-Home Entertain, http://www.t-home.de/entertain.
- ITU-T Recommendation G.993.1, Very high speed digital subscriber line transceivers, June 2004.
- M. Baldi, “Triple play support for the next generation internet,” in Proceedings of the 12th International Telecommunications Network Strategy and Planning Symposium (Networks '06), pp. 1–7, New Delhi, India, November 2006.
- 3GPP, TS 23.228. IP Multimedia Subsystem; stage 2, http://www.3gpp.org/.
- The 3rd Generation Partnership Project, http://www.3gpp.org/.
- ITU-T Recommendation Y.2012, NGN Framework Reference Architecture, 2006.
- ETSI TS 282 001, “TISPAN; NGN Functional Architecture Release 2,” Telecommunications and Internet Converged Services and Protocols for Advanced Networking (TISPAN).
- PacketCable, “Architecture Framework,” Cable Television Laboratories, Japan, April 2006.
- Open IPTV Forum, http://www.openiptvforum.org/.
- ATIS IPTV Interoperability Forum, http://www.atis.org/IIF/.
- Internet Streaming Media Alliance, http://www.isma.tv/.
- ETSI TS 102 034, Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB); Transport of MPEG2 Based DVB Services over IP Based Networks.
- The DVB-IPTV standard, http://www.dvb.org/technology/standards/index.xml#internet.
- MHP and GEM, http://www.mhp.org/.
- Universal Plug and Play (UPnP), http://www.upnp.org/.
- Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA), http://www.dlna.org/.
- T. Cagenius, A. Fasbender, J. Hjelm, U. Horn, I. M. Ivars, and N. Selberg, “Evolving the TV experience: anytime, anywhere, any device,” Ericsson Review, vol. 83, no. 3, pp. 107–111, 2006.
- Ambient Networks FP6 Integrated Project, http://www.ambient-networks.org/.
- B. Mathieu, M. Song, J. Rey, and S. Schmid, “A service specific overlay network for adapting SIP multimedia calls,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Intelligence in Service Delivery Networks (ICIN '06), Bordeaux, France, May 2006.
- B. Chatras and M. Said, “Delivering quadruple play with IPTV over IMS,” in Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Intelligence in Service Delivery Networks (ICIN '07), Bordeaux, France, October 2007.
- E. Mikoczy, D. Sivchenko, B. Xu, and V. Rakocevic, “IMS based IPTV services—architecture and Implementation,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Mobile Multimedia Communications (MobiMedia '07), Nafpaktos, Greece, August 2007.
- The ScaleNet project, http://www.scalenet.de/.
- FOKUS Media Interoperability Lab, http://www.mediainteroperabilitylab.org/.
- GStreamer: open source multimedia framework, http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/.
- E. Burger, J. Van Dyke, and A. Spitzer, “Basic Network Media Services with SIP,” IETF RFC 4240, December 2005.
- Sofia-SIP: an open-source SIP User-Agent, http://opensource.nokia.com/projects/sofia-sip.
- T. Magedanz, D. Vigarzan, and P. Weik, Design and Implementation of an Open IMS Core, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2005.
- Open Mobile Alliance, “OMA Service Environment,” Approved Version 1.0.2—08, August 2005.
- K. Knuettel, T. Magedanz, and L. Xie, “SIP servlet execution environment (SIPSee)—an approved IMS SIP application server for converged applications,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Intelligence in Service Delivery Networks (ICIN '06), Bordeaux, France, May 2006.
- C. Riede, A. Al-Hezmi, and T. Magedanz, “Quadruple play—session management enabler for multimedia streaming,” in Proceedings of the 16th IST Mobile and Wireless Communications Summit, pp. 1–5, Budapest, Hungary, July 2007.
- SIPNuke, http://www.sipnuke.org/.
- Video LAN Client, http://videolan.org/.
- ITU-T, “One-way transmission time,” ITU-T Recommendation G.114, May 2003.