- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Digital Multimedia Broadcasting
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 417213, 12 pages
Utilizing Context in Location-Aware Short-Range Wireless Communication
1Department of Mathematical Information Technology, University of Jyväskylä, P.O. Box 35 (Agora), 40014 Jyväskylä, Finland
2School of Business and Services Management, JAMK University of Applied Sciences, Rajakatu 35, 40200 Jyväskylä, Finland
Received 1 August 2009; Revised 30 October 2009; Accepted 25 January 2010
Academic Editor: Noël Crespi
Copyright © 2010 Vesa A. Korhonen and Ritva Pyykkönen. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Beale, “Supporting social interaction with smart phones,” IEEE Pervasive Computing, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 35–41, 2005.
- V. A. Korhonen and R. Pyykkönen, “Creating context as you go,” in Proceedings of the 13th International Academic MindTrek Conference: Everyday Life in the Ubiquitous Era (MindTrek '09), pp. 37–40, ACM, Tampere, Finland, September-October 2009.
- V. A. Korhonen, “Mobile encounter network—the missing data link,” in Proceedings of the 12th International MindTrek Conference: Entertainment and Media in the Ubiquitous Era (MindTrek '08), pp. 80–84, ACM, Tampere, Finland, October 2008.
- J. Kurhinen and J. Vuori, “MP2P network as an information diffusion channel,” in Proceedings of the 62nd IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC '05), Dallas, Tex, USA, 2005.
- V. A. Korhonen and J. Kurhinen, “Information exchange in mobile encounter network,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Networking and Services (ICNS '07), 2007.
- V. A. Korhonen and J. Kurhinen, “Logistic model for modeling mobile encounter network,” in Proceedings of the 5th ITI International Conference on Information and Communications Technology (ICICT '07), pp. 151–155, Cairo, Egypt, December 2007.
- O. Volovikov, N. Kotilainen, T. Juonoja, M. Vapa, M. Weber, and J. Vuori, “Mobile encounter networks and their applications,” in Proceedings of the 5th IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC '08), pp. 1176–1180, Las Vegas, Nev, USA, January 2008.
- W. J. Hsu and A. Helmy, “On nodal encounter patterns in wireless LAN traces,” in Proceedings of the 2nd Workshop on Wireless Network Measurements (WiNMee '06), Boston, Mass, USA, April 2006.
- S. Tanachaiwiwat and A. Helmy, “On the performance evaluation and prediction of encounter-based worm interactions based on node characteristics,” in Proceedings of the 2nd ACM Workshop on Challenged Networks (CHANTS '07), pp. 67–74, ACM, Montreal, Canada, September 2007.
- B. Walker, “Using persistent homology to recover spatial information from encounter traces,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (MobiHoc '08), pp. 371–380, ACM, Hong Kong, May 2008.
- G. Armstrong, P. Kotler, M. Harker, and R. Brennan, Marketing an Introduction, Pearson Educational, 2009.
- P. Kotler, G. Armstrong, and V. Wong, Principles of Marketing: European Edition, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1996.
- K. Mooney and N. Rollins, The Open Brand, AIGA Design Press, 2008.
- K. L. Keller, Strategic Brand Management. Building, Measuring and Managing Brand Equity, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 2008.
- K. Torning and H. Oinas-Kukkonen, “Persuasive system design: state of the art and future directions,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Persuasive Technology (Persuasive '09), vol. 350, pp. 1–8, ACM, Claremont, Calif, USA, April 2009.
- M. Harjumaa, K. Segerståhl, and H. Oinas-Kukkonen, “Understanding persuasive software functionality in practice: a field trial of polar FT60,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Persuasive Technology (Persuasive '09), vol. 350, pp. 1–9, ACM, Claremont, Calif, USA, April 2009.
- F. Boström, P. Nurmi, P. Floréen, et al., “Capricorn—an intelligent user interface for mobile widgets,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction with Mobile Devices and Services (MobileHCI '08), pp. 327–330, ACM, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, September 2008.
- R. Peppers and M. Rogers, Managing Customer Relationship: A Strategic Framework, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 2004.
- D. Scott, R. Sharp, A. Madhavapeddy, and E. Upton, “Using visual tags to bypass Bluetooth device discovery,” ACM SIGMOBILE Mobile Computing and Communications Review, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 41–53, 2005.
- S. Weiss, “Widgets & mobile 2.0,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Human Computer Interaction with Mobile Devices and Services (MobileHCI '07), vol. 309, p. 370, ACM, Singapore, September 2007.
- A. Geven, R. Sefelin, N. Höller, M. Tscheligi, and M. Mayer, “Always-on information: services and applications on the mobile desktop,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction with Mobile Devices and Services (MobileHCI '08), pp. 23–32, ACM, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, September 2008.