- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Digital Multimedia Broadcasting
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 310647, 9 pages
The Exploration of Network Coding in IEEE 802.15.4 Networks
1School of Computer Science and Engineering, The University of Aizu, Fukushima-Ken 965-8580, Japan
2Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z4, Canada
3School of Engineering and Information Technology, The University of New South Wales at the Australia Defence Force Academy, Canberra, ACT 2600, Australia
Received 30 December 2010; Accepted 11 April 2011
Academic Editor: Ning Chen
Copyright © 2011 Deze Zeng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. Alliance, “Zigbee alliance,” 2010, http://www.zigbee.org/.
- R. Ahlswede, N. Cai, S. Y. R. Li, and R. W. Yeung, “Network information flow,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 1204–1216, 2000.
- S. Katti, H. Rahul, W. Hu, D. Katabi, M. Médard, and J. Crowcroft, “Xors in the air: practical wireless network coding,” in Proceedings of the 2006 Conference on Applications, Technologies, Architectures, and Protocols for Computer Communications (SIGCOMM '06), no. 4, pp. 243–254, ACM, New York, NY, USA, October 2006.
- IEEE Standard for Information Technology Part 15.4: Wireless Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications for Low-Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks (LR-WPANs), IEEE Standard 802.15.4 x Working Group Std. Std., 2003.
- A. Koubâa, M. Alves, E. Tovar, and A. Cunha, “An implicit GTS allocation mechanism in IEEE 802.15.4 for time-sensitive wireless sensor networks: theory and practice,” Real-Time Systems, vol. 39, no. 1–3, pp. 169–204, 2008.
- Y. K. Huang, A. C. Pang, and H. N. Hung, “An adaptive GTS allocation scheme for IEEE 802.15.4,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 641–651, 2008.
- C. Na, Y. Yang, and A. Mishra, “An optimal GTS scheduling algorithm for time-sensitive transactions in IEEE 802.15.4 networks,” Computer Networks, vol. 52, no. 13, pp. 2543–2557, 2008.
- B. Shrestha, E. Hossain, S. Camorlinga, R. Krishnamoorthy, and D. Niyato, “An optimizationbased GTS allocation scheme for IEEE 802.15.4 MAC with application to wireless body-area sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Communications Conference (IEEE ICC '10), May 2010.
- M. Valero, A. Bourgeois, and R. Beyah, “DEEP: a deployable energy efficient 802.15.4 MAC protocol for sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Communications Conference (IEEE ICC '10), 2010.
- M. Takaffoli and W. Moussa, “Scheduled access using the IEEE 802.15.4 guaranteed time slots,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Communications Conference (IEEE ICC '10), May 2010.
- G. Bhatti, A. Mehta, Z. Sahinoglu, J. Zhang, and R. Viswanathan, “Modified beacon-enabled IEEE 802.15.4 MAC for lower latency,” in Proceedings of the 2008 IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (IEEE GLOBECOM '08), IEEE, 2008.
- C. H. Liu and F. Xue, “Network coding for two-way relaying: rate region, sum rate and opportunistic scheduling,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Communications, (ICC '08), pp. 1044–1049, IEEE, Beijing, China, May 2008.
- J. Liu, D. Goeckel, and D. Towsley, “Bounds on the gain of network coding and broadcasting in wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the 26th Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM '07), pp. 724–732, IEEE, Anchorage, Alaska, USA, May 2007.
- A. Keshavarz-Haddad and R. Riedi, “Bounds on the benefit of network coding: throughput and energy saving in wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the 27th Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM '08), pp. 376–384, IEEE, April 2008.
- J. Le, J. Lui, and D. Chiu, “How many packets can we encode?—An analysis of practical wireless network coding,” in Proceedings of the 27th Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM '08), pp. 371–375, IEEE, Phoenix, Ariz, USA, April 2008.
- M. B. Iraji, M. H. Amerimehr, and F. Ashtiani, “A Queueing Model for Wireless Tandem Network Coding,” in Proceedings of the 2010 IEEE Wireless Communication and Network Conference (WCNC '09), 2009.
- D. Umehara, S. Denno, M. Morikura, and T. Sugiyama, “Throughput analysis of two-hop wireless CSMA network coding,” in Proceedings of the 2010 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '10), pp. 1–6, IEEE, 2010.
- H. Seferoglu, A. Markopoulou, and U. Kozat, “Network coding-aware rate control and scheduling in wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the 2009 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME '09), pp. 1496–1499, IEEE, Piscataway, NJ, USA, 2009.
- A. Khreishah, C. C. Wang, and N. B. Shroff, “Cross-layer optimization for wireless multihop networks with pairwise intersession network coding,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 606–621, 2009.
- T. S. Kim, S. Vural, I. Broustis, D. Syrivelis, S. V. Krishnamurthy, and T. F. La Porta, “A framework for joint network coding and transmission rate control in wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the 29th Conference on Information Communications (INFOCOM '10), pp. 2937–2945, IEEE, Piscataway, NJ, USA, 2010.
- O. Landsiedel, K. Wehrle, and S. Götz, “Accurate prediction of power consumption in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE workshop on Embedded Networked Sensors (EmNet '05), vol. 2005, pp. 37–44, IEEE Computer Society, Washington, DC, USA, 2005.