- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Digital Multimedia Broadcasting
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 365896, 17 pages
PAPR Reduction Approach Based on Channel Estimation Pilots for Next Generations Broadcasting Systems
1IETR UMR 6164, INSA, Université Européenne de Bretagne, 35708 Rennes, France
2American University of Beirut, Bliss Street, Beirut 11-0236, Lebanon
3SCEE Team, Supelec, avenue de la Boulaie, 35576 Cesson-Sévigné, France
Received 12 October 2010; Accepted 4 January 2011
Academic Editor: Massimiliano Laddomada
Copyright © 2011 Anh-Tai Ho et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- DVB, “Frame structure channel coding and modulation for a second generation digital terrestrial television broadcasting system (DVB-T2),” ETSI EN 302755 V1.1.1 September 2009.
- U. Reimers, “Digital video broadcasting,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 104–110, 1998.
- R. Van Nee and R. Prasad, OFDM for Wireless Multimedia Communications, Artech House, Boston, Mass, USA, 2000.
- M. J. F. G. García, O. Edfors, and J. M. Páez-Borrallo, “Peak power reduction for OFDM systems with orthogonal pilot sequences,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 47–51, 2006.
- S. H. Han and J. H. Lee, “An overview of peak-to-average power ratio reduction techniques for multicarrier transmission,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 56–65, 2005.
- X. Li and L. J. Cimini, “Effects of clipping and filtering on the performance of OFDM,” in Proceedings of the 47th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC '97), vol. 3, pp. 1634–1638, Phoenix, Ariz, USA, May 1997.
- A. E. Jones, T. A. Wilkinson, and S. K. Barton, “Block coding scheme for reduction of peak to mean envelope power ratio of multicarrier transmission schemes,” Electronics Letters, vol. 30, no. 25, pp. 2098–2099, 1994.
- S. H. Müller and J. B. Huber, “OFDM with reduced peak-to-average power ratio by optimum combination of partial transmit sequences,” Electronics Letters, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 368–369, 1997.
- R. W. Bäuml, R. F. H. Fischer, and J. B. Huber, “Reducing the peak-to-average power ratio of multicarrier modulation by selected mapping,” Electronics Letters, vol. 32, no. 22, pp. 2056–2057, 1996.
- A. D. S. Jayalath and C. Tellambura, “Reducing the peak-to-average power ratio of orthogonal frequency division multiplexing signal through bit or symbol interleaving,” Electronics Letters, vol. 36, no. 13, pp. 1161–1163, 2000.
- B. S. Krongold and D. L. Jones, “PAR reduction in OFDM via active constellation extension,” IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 258–268, 2003.
- J. Tellado-Mourelo, Peak-to-average power ratio reduction for multicarrier Modulation, Ph.D. thesis, Stanford University, September 1999.
- I. M. Mahafeno, Y. Louët, and J. F. Hélard, “Peak-to-average power ratio reduction using second order cone programming based tone reservation for terrestrial digital video broadcasting systems,” IET Communications, vol. 3, no. 7, pp. 1250–1261, 2009.
- A. Aggarwal and T. H. Meng, “Minimizing the peak-to-average power ratio of OFDM signals using convex optimization,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 54, no. 8, pp. 3099–3110, 2006.
- S. Zabre, J. Palicot, Y. Louët, and C. Lereau, “SOCP approach for OFDM peak-to-average power ratio reduction in the signal adding context,” in Proceedings of the 6th IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology (ISSPIT '07), pp. 834–839, Vancouver, Canada, August 2007.
- M. Sharif, M. Gharavi-Alkhansari, and B. H. Khalaj, “On the peak-to-average power of OFDM signals based on oversampling,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 72–78, 2003.
- R. van Nee and A. de Wild, “Reducing the peak-to-average power ratio of OFDM,” in Proceedings of the 48th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC '98), vol. 3, pp. 2072–2076, Ottawa, Canada, May 1998.
- DVB, “Implementation guidelines for a second generation digital terrestrial television broadcasting system (DVB-T2),” ETSI TR 102 831 V0.9.17 November 2009.
- M. K. Simon, Probability Distributions Involving Gaussian Random Variables, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2006.