- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Digital Multimedia Broadcasting
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 342512, 15 pages
Efficient Wireless Broadcasting through Joint Network Coding and Beamforming
School of EECS, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Received 19 July 2011; Accepted 18 November 2011
Academic Editor: Manzur Murshed
Copyright © 2012 Monchai Lertsutthiwong et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Viswanath and D. N. C. Tse, “Sum capacity of the vector Gaussian broadcast channel and uplink-downlink duality,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 49, no. 8, pp. 1912–1921, 2003.
- K. Huang, R. W. Heath, and J. G. Andrews, “Space division multiple access with a sum feedback rate constraint,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 55, no. 7, pp. 3879–3891, 2007.
- W. Choi, A. Forenza, J. G. Andrews, and R. W. Heath, “Opportunistic space-division multiple access with beam selection,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 55, no. 12, pp. 2371–2380, 2007.
- B. D. Van Veen and K. M. Buckley, “Beamforming: a versatile approach to spatial filtering,” IEEE ASSP Magazine, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 4–24, 1988.
- G. Dimić and N. D. Sidiropoulos, “On downlink beamforming with greedy user selection: performance analysis and a simple new algorithm,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 53, no. 10, pp. 3857–3868, 2005.
- T. Yoo and A. Goldsmith, “Optimality of zero-forcing beamforming with multiuser diversity,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '05), vol. 1, pp. 542–546, May 2005.
- T. Yoo and A. Goldsmith, “On the optimality of multiantenna broadcast scheduling using zero-forcing beamforming,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 528–541, 2006.
- H. Yin and H. Liu, “Performance of Space-division Multiple-access (SDMA) with scheduling,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 611–618, 2002.
- R. Ahlswede, N. Cai, S. Y. R. Li, and R. W. Yeung, “Network information flow,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 1204–1216, 2000.
- D. Nguyen, T. Tran, T. Nguyen, and B. Bose, “Wireless broadcast using network coding,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 914–925, 2009.
- F. Shad, T. D. Todd, V. Kezys, and J. Litva, “Indoor SDMA capacity using a smart antenna basestation,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Universal Personal Communications (ICUPC '97), vol. 2, pp. 868–872, October 1997.
- W. Choi, A. Forenza, J. G. Andrews, and R. W. Heath, “Capacity of opportunistic space division multiple access with beam selection,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference, pp. 1–5, November-December 2006.
- N. Ravindran, N. Jindal, and H. C. Huang, “Beamforming with finite rate feedback for LOS MIMO downlink channels,” in Proceedings of the 50th Annual IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM '07), pp. 4200–4204, November 2007.
- V. Raghavan, A. M. Sayeed, and N. Boston, “Near-optimal codebook constructions for limited feedback beamforming in correlated MIMO channels with few antennas,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT '06), pp. 2622–2626, July 2006.
- D. J. Love and R. W. Heath, “Grassmannian beamforming on correlated MIMO channels,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference, pp. 106–110, November-December 2004.
- K. Amiri, D. Shamsi, B. Aazhang, and J. R. Cavallaro, “Adaptive codebook for beamforming in limited feedback MIMO systems,” in Proceedings of the 42nd Annual Conference on Information Sciences and Systems (CISS '08), pp. 994–998, March 2008.
- K. Huang, J. G. Andrews, and R. W. Heath, “Performance of orthogonal beamforming for SDMA with limited feedback,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 152–164, 2009.
- A. Goldsmith, Wireless Communications, Cambridge University Press, 2005.
- K. Jansen and L. Porkolab, “Improved approximation schemes for scheduling unrelated parallel machines,” in Proceedings of the 31st Annual ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing (FCRC '99), pp. 408–417, May 1999.