- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Digital Multimedia Broadcasting
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 732514, 11 pages
Automatic Story Segmentation for TV News Video Using Multiple Modalities
UJF-Grenoble 1/UPMF-Grenoble 2/Grenoble INP, CNRS, LIG UMR 5217, 38041 Grenoble, France
Received 18 November 2011; Revised 13 March 2012; Accepted 12 April 2012
Academic Editor: Werner Bailer
Copyright © 2012 Émilie Dumont and Georges Quénot. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. F. Smeaton, P. Over, and W. Kraaij, “TRECVID—an overview,” in Proceedings of TRECVID, 2003.
- T. S. Chua, S. F. Chang, L. Chaisorn, and W. Hsu, “Story boundary detection in large broadcast news video archives - Techniques, experience and trends,” in Proceedings of the 12th ACM International Conference on Multimedia, pp. 656–659, October 2004.
- P. Joly, J. Benois-Pineau, E. Kijak, and G. Quénot, “The ARGOS campaign: evaluation of video analysis and indexing tools,” Signal Processing, vol. 22, no. 7-8, pp. 705–717, 2007.
- A. E. Abduraman, S. A. Berrani, and B. Mérialdo, “TV program structuring techniques: a review,” in TV Content Analysis: Techniques and Applications, 2011.
- J. M. Gauch, S. Gauch, S. Bouix, and X. Zhu, “Real time video scene detection and classification,” Information Processing and Management, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 381–400, 1999.
- L. Chaisorn and T. S. Chua, “Story boundary detection in news video using global rule induction technique,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME '06), pp. 2101–2104, July 2006.
- L. Chaisorn, T. S. Chua, and C. H. Lee, “A multi-modal approach to story segmentation for news video,” World Wide Web, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 187–208, 2003.
- H. Misra, F. Hopfgartner, A. Goyal, et al., “Tv news story segmentation based on semantic coherence and content similarity,” in Proceedings of the 16th international conference on Advances in Multimedia Modeling, pp. 347–357, 2010.
- A. Goyal, P. Punitha, F. Hopfgartner, and J. M. Jose, “Split and merge based story segmentation in news videos,” in Proceedings of the 31th European Conference on IR Research on Advances in Information Retrieval, pp. 766–770, 2009.
- C. Ma, B. Byun, I. Kim, and C. H. Lee, “A detection-based approach to broadcast news video story segmentation,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP '09), pp. 1957–1960, April 2009.
- E. Dumont and B. Mérialdo, “Split-screen dynamically accelerated video summaries,” in Proceedings of the 1st TRECVID Video Summarization Workshop (TVS '07), pp. 55–59, September 2007.
- A. G. Hauptmann, M. G. Christel, W. H. Lin et al., “Clever clustering vs. simple speed-up for summarizing BBC rushes,” in Proceedings of the 1st TRECVID Video Summarization Workshop (TVS '07), pp. 20–24, September 2007.
- E. Dumont and B. Mérialdo, “Automatic evaluation method for rushes summary content,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME '09), pp. 666–669, July 2009.
- C. Snoek, M. Worring, and A. W. M. Smeulders, “Early versus late fusion in semantic video analysis,” in Proceedings of the 13th Annual ACM International Conference on Multimedia, pp. 399–402, 2005.
- M. A. Hearst, “Multi-paragraph segmentation of expository text,” in Proceedings of the 32nd Annual Meeting on Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL '94), pp. 9–16, 1994.
- G. Quénot, D. Moraru, and L. Besacier, “CLIPS at TRECvid: shot boundary detection and feature detection,” in Proceedings of TRECVID, 2003.
- H. A. Rowley, S. Baluja, and T. Kanade, “Neural network-based face detection,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 23–38, 1998.
- J. Poignant, L. Besacier, G. Quénot, and F. Thollard, “From text detection in videos to person identification,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, 2012.
- J. L. Gauvain, L. Lamel, and G. Adda, “The LIMSI broadcast news transcription system,” Speech Communication, vol. 37, no. 1-2, pp. 89–108, 2002.
- V. B. Le, O. Mella, and D. Fohr, “Speaker diarization using normalized cross likelihood ratio,” in Proceedings of the 8th Annual Conference of the International Speech Communication Association (Interspeech '07), pp. 873–876, August 2007.
- M. A. Hall, E. Frank, G. Holmes, B. Pfahringer, P. Reutemann, and I. H. Witten, “The WEKA data mining software: an update,” SIGKDD Explorations Newsletter, vol. 11, pp. 10–18, 2009.