- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 126407, 12 pages
SEF: A Secure, Efficient, and Flexible Range Query Scheme in Two-Tiered Sensor Networks
1Zhejiang Provincial Key Laboratory of Service Robot, College of Computer Science, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310007, China
2School of Software, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian 116024, China
Received 10 February 2011; Accepted 19 May 2011
Copyright © 2011 Jiajun Bu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Shenker, S. Ratnasamy, B. Karp, R. Govindan, and D. Estrin, “Datacentric storage in sensornets,” ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 137–142, 2003.
- P. Desnoyers, D. Ganesan, H. Li, and P. Shenoy, “Presto: a predictive storage architecture for sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 10th Workshop on Hot Topics in Operating Systems (HotOS X), June 2005.
- F. Li, M. Hadjieleftheriou, G. Kollios, and L. Reyzin, “Dynamic authenticated index structures for outsourced databases,” in Proceedings of the 2006 ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data, pp. 121–132, June 2006.
- K. Mouratidis, D. Sacharidis, and H. Pang, “Partially materialized digest scheme: an efficient verification method for outsourced databases,” The Very Large Data Bases Journal, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 363–381, 2009.
- H. Pang, J. Zhang, and K. Mouratidis, “Scalable verification for outsourced dynamic databases,” in Proceedings of the Very Large Data Bases Conference (VLDB), pp. 802–813, 2009.
- D. He, Y. Gao, S. Chan, C. Chen, and J. Bu, “An enhanced two-factor user authentication scheme in wireless sensor networks,” Ad Hoc & Sensor Wireless Networks, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 361–371, 2010.
- D. He, J. Bu, S. Zhu, et al., “Distributed privacy-preserving access control in a single-owner multi-user sensor network,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (IEEE INFOCOM) mini-conference, 2011.
- B. Sheng and Q. Li, “Verifiable privacy-preserving range query in two-tiered sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 27th IEEE Communications Society Conference on Computer Communications, IEEE INFOCOM 2008, pp. 457–465, April 2008.
- J. Shi, R. Zhang, and Y. Zhang, “Secure range queries in tiered sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 28th IEEE Conference on Computer Communications, IEEE INFOCOM 2009, pp. 945–953, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, April 2009.
- R. Zhang, J. Shi, and Y. Zhang, “Secure multidimensional range queries in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 10th ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing, MobiHoc, pp. 197–206, May 2009.
- F. Chen and A. X. Liu, “SafeQ: secure and efficient query processing in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 29th IEEE Conference on Computer Communications, IEEE INFOCOM 2010, pp. 1–9, East Lansing, Mich, USA, March 2010.
- F. Chen and A. X. Liu, “Privacy and integrity preserving range queries in sensor networks,” Tech. Rep. MSU-CSE-09-26, Michigan State University, Ann Arbor, Mich, USA, 2010.
- B. Hore, S. Mehrotra, and G. Tsudik, “A privacypreserving index for range queries,” in Proceedings of the Very Large Data Base Conference, pp. 720–731, Toronto, Canada, 2004.
- D. Comer, “Ubiquitous b-tree,” ACM Computing Surveys, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 121–137, 1979.
- J. Cheng, H. Yang, S. H. Y. Wong, P. Zerfos, and S. Lu, “Design and implementation of cross-domain cooperative firewall,” in Proceedings of the 15th IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols, ICNP 2007, pp. 284–293, Beijing, China, October 2007.
- S. Nath and A. Kansal, “FlashDB: dynamic self-tuning database for NAND flash,” in Proceedings of the IPSN 2007: 6th International Symposium on Information Processing in Sensor Networks, pp. 410–419, New York, NY, USA, April 2007.
- G. Mathur, P. Desnoyers, P. Chukiu, D. Ganesan, and P. Shenoy, “Ultra-low power data storage for sensor networks,” ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks, vol. 5, no. 4, 2009.
- K. Ren, W. Lou, and Y. Zhang, “LEDS: providing location-aware end-to-end data security in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 7, no. 5, Article ID 4358997, pp. 585–598, 2008.
- Y. Zhou and Y. Fang, “A two-layer key establishment scheme for wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 1009–1020, 2007.
- Q. Wang, K. Ren, W. Lou, and Y. Zhang, “Dependable and secure sensor data storage with dynamic integrity assurance,” in Proceedings of the 28th Conference on Computer Communications, IEEE INFOCOM 2009, pp. 954–962, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, April 2009.
- Y. Zhou, Y. Zhang, and Y. Fang, “Access control in wireless sensor networks,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 3–13, 2007.
- W. Du, Y. S. Han, J. Deng, and P. K. Varshney, “A pairwise key pre-distribution scheme for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 10th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security, CCS 2003, pp. 42–51, October 2003.
- D. He, L. Cui, H. Huang, and M. Ma, “Design and verification of enhanced secure localization scheme in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 1050–1058, 2009.
- A. Boldyreva, N. Chenette, Y. Lee, and A. O'Neill, “Order-preserving symmetric encryption,” Advances in Cryptology—EUROCRYPT 2009, vol. 5479, pp. 224–241, 2009.
- R. Agrawal, J. Kiernan, R. Srikant, and Y. Xu, “Order preserving encryption for numeric data,” in Proceedings of the ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data, SIGMOD 2004, pp. 563–574, June 2004.
- R. C. Merkle, “A certified digital signature,” in Advances in Cryptology (CRYPTO'89), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 218–238, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1989.
- H. Pang and K. L. Tan, “Authenticating query results in edge computing,” in Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Data Engineering—ICDE 2004, pp. 560–571, April 2004.
- National institute of standards and technology, U.S. department of commerce, secure hash standard, U.S. federal information processing standard publication, 2002.
- X. Wang, Y. L. Yin, and H. Yu, “Finding collisions in the full SHA-1,” in Advances in Cryptology (CRYPTO'05), V. Shoup, Ed., vol. 3621 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 17–36, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- “IAIK Krypto group-description of SHA-1 collision search project,” http://www.iaik.tugraz.at/content/research/krypto/sha1/SHA1CollisionDescription.php.