- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 172902, 8 pages
Total Least Squares Method for Robust Source Localization in Sensor Networks Using TDOA Measurements
1College of Mathematics, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610064, China
2Networking Protocols Department, Institute for Infocomm Research, Singapore 138632
3School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore 639798
Received 31 March 2011; Accepted 15 June 2011
Copyright © 2011 Yang Weng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Hande, D. Yunus, and E. Cem, “Wireless healthcare monitoring with RFID-enhanced video sensor networks,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 2010, Article ID 473037, p. 10, 2010.
- F. Xia, L. Ma, J. Dong, and Y. Sun, “Network qos management in cyber-physical systems,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Embedded Software and Systems Symposia (ICESS '08), pp. 302–307, IEEE, 2008.
- Y. Chan, H. Hang, and P. Ching, “Exact and approximate maximum likelihood localization algorithms,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 10–16, 2006.
- E. Weinstein, “Optimal source localization and tracking from passive array measurements,” IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 69–76, 1982.
- R. O. Schmidt, “Multiple emitter location and signal parameter estimation,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 276–280, 1986.
- J. Chen, K. Yao, and R. Hudson, “Source localization and beamforming,” IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 30–39, 2002.
- Y. Huang, J. Benesty, G. Elko, and R. Mersereati, “Real-time passive source localization: a practical linear-correction least-squares approach,” IEEE Transactions on Speech and Audio Processing, vol. 9, no. 8, pp. 943–956, 2001.
- W. Hahn and S. Tretter, “Optimum processing for delay-vector estimation in passive signal arrays,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 608–614, 1973.
- M. Wax and T. Kailath, “Optimum localization of multiple sources by passive arrays,” IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 1210–1218, 1983.
- K. Cheung, H. So, W. Ma, and Y. Chan, “A constrained least squares approach to mobile positioning: algorithms and optimality,” Eurasip Journal on Applied Signal Processing, vol. 2006, Article ID 20858, p. 23, 2006.
- K. Yang, J. An, X. Bu, and G. Sun, “Constrained total least-squares location algorithm using time-difference-of-arrival measurements,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 59, no. 3, Article ID 5342476, pp. 1558–1562, 2010.
- B. Friedlander, “A passive localization algorithm and its accurancy analysis,” IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 234–245, 1987.
- H. C. Schau and A. Z. Robinson, ““Passive source localization employing intersecting spherical surfaces from time-of-arrival differences,” IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, vol. 35, no. 8, pp. 1223–1225, 1987.
- J. O. Smith and J. S. Abel, “Closed-form least-squares source location estimation from range-difference measurements,” IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, vol. 35, no. 12, pp. 1661–1669, 1987.
- Y. T. Chan and K. C. Ho, “Simple and efficient estimator for hyperbolic location,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 42, no. 8, pp. 1905–1915, 1994.
- M. D. Gillette and H. F. Silverman, “A linear closed-form algorithm for source localization from time-differences of arrival,” IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol. 15, pp. 1–4, 2008.
- K. C. Ho, X. Lu, and L. Kovavisaruch, “Source localization using TDOA and FDOA measurements in the presence of receiver location errors: analysis and solution,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 684–696, 2007.
- K. Yang, G. Wang, and Z. Q. Luo, “Efficient convex relaxation methods for robust target localization by a sensor network using time differences of arrivals,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 57, no. 7, pp. 2775–2784, 2009.
- S. Kay, Fundamentals of Statistical Signal Processing: Estimation Theory, Prentice Hall, 1993.
- A. Renaux, P. Forster, E. Boyer, and P. Larzabal, “Unconditional maximum likelihood performance at finite number of samples and high signal-to-noise ratio,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 55, no. 5, pp. 2358–2364, 2007.
- K. K. Mada, H. C. Wu, and S. S. Iyengar, “Efficient and robust EM algorithm for multiple wideband source localization,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 58, no. 6, pp. 3071–3075, 2009.
- U. Theodor, U. Shaked, and C. E. de Souza, “A game theory approach to robust discrete-time -estimation,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 1486–1495, 1994.
- S. van Huffel and J. Vandewalle, The Total Least Squares Problem: Computational Aspects and Analysis, Society for Industrial Mathematics, 1991.
- X. Zhang, Matrix Analysis and Application, Tsinghua University Press and Springer, 2004.
- I. Markovsky and S. van Huffel, “Overview of total least-squares methods,” Signal Processing, vol. 87, no. 10, pp. 2283–2302, 2007.
- G. Golub and C. van Loan, Matrix Computations, Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, Md, USA, 1996.
- P. Wedin, “Perturbation theory for pseudo-inverses,” BIT Numerical Mathematics, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 217–232, 1973.
- G. Stewart, “Error and perturbation bounds for subspaces associated with certain eigenvalue problems,” SIAM Review, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 727–764, 1973.
- C. Davis and W. M. Kahan, “The rotation of eigenvectors by a perturbation. III,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 1–46, 1970.
- P. Wedin, “Perturbation bounds in connection with singular value decomposition,” BIT, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 99–111, 1972.
- R. C. Thompson, “Principal submatrices IX: interlacing inequalities for singular values of submatrices,” Linear Algebra and Its Applications, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 1972.