- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 212737, 11 pages
A Survey of Adaptive and Real-Time Protocols Based on IEEE 802.15.4
School of Software, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian 116620, China
Received 2 April 2011; Accepted 4 September 2011
Copyright © 2011 Feng Xia et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Shu, N. H. Malka, and W. Chen, “Building automation systems using wireless sensor networks: radio characteristics and energy efficient communication protocols,” Electronic Journal of Structural Engineering, pp. 66–73, 2009.
- Z. Y. Yao, Y. L. Sun, and N. H. El-Farra, “Resource-aware scheduled control of distributed process systems over wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference (ACC '10), pp. 4121–4126, July 2010.
- M. Marin-Perianu, C. Lombriser, O. Amft, P. Havinga, and G. Tröster, “Distributed activity recognition with fuzzy-enabled wireless sensor networks,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 5067, pp. 296–313, 2008.
- B. Aygün and V. C. Gungor, “Wireless sensor networks for structure health monitoring: recent advances and future research directions,” Sensor Review, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 261–276, 2011.
- C. Emmanouilidis and P. Pistofidis, “Machinery self-awareness with wireless sensor networks: a means to sustainable operation,” in Proceedings of the 2nd Workshop on Maintenance for Sustainable Manufacturing, pp. 43–50, Verona, Italy, May 2010.
- Y. M. Chen, W. Shen, H. W. Huo, and Y. Z. Xu, “A smart gateway for health care system using wireless sensor network,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications, Verona, Italy, July 2010.
- IEEE Standard for Information Technology Part 15.4, Wireless Medium Access Control Layer (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications for Low Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks (LR-WPANS), IEEE Standard 802.15.4 Working Group Std., 8 September 2006.
- ZigBee Alliance, “The ZigBee Specification version 1.0, 2007”.
- I. Ramachandran, A. K. Das, and S. Roy, “Analysis of the contention access period of IEEE 802.15.4 MAC,” ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks, vol. 3, no. 1, 2007.
- C. Cano, B. Bellalta, J. Barceló, and A. Sfairopoulou, “A novel mAC protocol for event-based wireless sensor networks: improving the collective QoS,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 5546, pp. 1–12, 2009.
- S. Nandi and A. Yadav, “Adaptation of MAC layer for QoS in WSN,” Trends in Network and Communications, vol. 197, pp. 1–10, 2011.
- G. W. Lee, J. H. Lee, S. J. Lee, and E. N. Huh, “An efficient analysis for reliable data transmission in wireless sensor network,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Asia-Pacific Services Computing Conference (APSCC '10), 2010.
- A. Koubaa, M. Alves, B. Nefzi, and Y. Q. Song, “Improving the IEEE 802.15.4 slotted CSMA/CA MAC for time-critical events in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the Workshop on Real Time Networks (RTN '06), July 2006.
- J. G. Ko, Y. H. Cho, and H. Kim, “Performance evaluation of IEEE 802.15.4 MAC with different backoff ranges in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 10th IEEE Singapore International Conference on Communications Systems (ICCS '06), October 2006.
- Z. J. Chen, C. Lin, H. Wen, and H. Yin, “An analytical model for evaluating IEEE 802.15.4 CSMA/CA protocol in low-rate wireless application,” in Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and ApplicationsWorkshops (AINAW '07), pp. 899–904, May 2007.
- C. Y. Leea, H. I. Choa, G. U. Hwanga, Y. Dohb, and N. Parkb, “Performance modeling and analysis of IEEE 802.15.4 slotted CSMA/CA protocol with ACK mode,” International Journal of Electronics and Communications, vol. 65, no. 2, pp. 123–131, 2011.
- B. Gao, C. He, and L. G. Jiang, “Modeling and analysis of IEEE 802.15.4 CSMA/CA with sleep mode enabled,” in Proceedings of the 11th IEEE Singapore International Conference on Communication Systems (ICCS '08), pp. 6–11, November 2008.
- G. Anastasi, M. Conti, and M. Di Francesco, “A comprehensive analysis of the MAC unreliability problem in IEEE 802.15.4 wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 7, no. 1, 2011.
- V. P. Rao and D. Marandin, “Adaptive backoff exponent algorithm for Zigbee (IEEE 802.15.4),” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 4003, pp. 501–516, 2006.
- T. H. Kim and S. Choi, “Priority-based delay mitigation for event-monitoring IEEE 802.15.4 LR-WPANs,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 213–215, 2006.
- M. Kim and C. H. Kang, “Priority-based service-differentiation scheme for IEEE 802.15.4 sensor networks in nonsaturation environments,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 59, no. 7, pp. 3524–3535, 2010.
- A. Koubâa, M. Alves, E. Tovar, and A. Cunha, “An implicit GTS allocation mechanism in IEEE 802.15.4 for time-sensitive wireless sensor networks: theory and practice,” Real-Time Systems, vol. 39, no. 1–3, pp. 169–204, 2008.
- Y. K. Huang, A. C. Pang, and H.-N. Hung, “An adaptive GTS allocation scheme for IEEE 802.15.4,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 641–651, 2008.
- X. J. Dong, “Adaptive polling algorithm for PCF mode of IEEE 802.11 wireless LANs,” Electronics Letters, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 482–483, 2004.
- S. Yoo, P. K. Chong, D. Kim et al., “Guaranteeing real-time services for industrial wireless sensor networks with IEEE 802.15.4,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 57, no. 11, pp. 3868–3876, 2010.
- M. A. Hanson, H. C. Powell, A. T. Barth et al., “Body area sensor networks: challenges and opportunities,” IEEE Computer, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 58–65, 2009.
- B. Shrestha, E. Hossain, S. Camorlinga, R. Krishnamoorthy, and D. Niyato, “An optimization-based GTS allocation scheme for IEEE 802.15.4 MAC with application to wireless body-area sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications, ICC 2010, Cape Town, South Africa, May 2010.
- C. Na, Y. Yang, and A. Mishra, “An optimal GTS scheduling algorithm for time-sensitive transactions in IEEE 802.15.4 networks,” Computer Networks, vol. 52, no. 13, pp. 2543–2557, 2008.
- A. Koubaa, M. Alves, and E. Tovar, “A comprehensive simulation study of slotted CSMA/CA for IEEE 802.15.4 Wireless Sensor Networks,” in Proceedings of the 6th IEEE International Workshop on Factory Communication Systems, pp. 183–192, Torino, Italy, June 2006.
- F. Xia, A. Vinel, R. X. Gao, L. Q. Wang, and T. Qiu, “Evaluating IEEE 802.15.4 for cyber-physical systems,” Eurasip Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, vol. 2011, Article ID 596397, 14 pages, 2011.
- J. Jeon, J. W. Lee, H. S. Kim, and W. H. Kwon, “PECAP: priority-based delay alleviation algorithm for IEEE 802.15.4 beacon-enabled networks,” Wireless Personal Communications, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 1625–1631, 2007.