- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 495127, 11 pages
A Scalable MAC Protocol Supporting Simple Multimedia Traffic QoS in WSNs
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Yonsei University, Seoul 120-749, Republic of Korea
Received 15 February 2011; Revised 20 April 2011; Accepted 25 May 2011
Copyright © 2011 JeongSeok On et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. F. Akyildiz, T. Melodia, and K. R. Chowdhury, “A survey on wireless multimedia sensor networks,” Computer Networks, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 921–960, 2007.
- J. On, J. Kim, J. Lee, Y. Kim, and H. Chong, “A MAC protocol with adaptive preloads considering low duty-cycle in WSNs,” in the 3rd International Conference on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Networks (MSN '07), vol. 4864 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 269–280, Beijing, China, December 2007.
- J. Kim, J. On, S. Kim, and J. Lee, “Performance evaluation of synchronous and asynchronous MAC protocols for wireless sensor networks,” in the 2nd International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications (SENSORCOMM '08), pp. 500–506, Cap Esterel, France, August 2008.
- G. Jolly and M. Younis, “Energy efficient collision-free medium access control for wireless sensor networks,” Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, 2005.
- I. Rhee, A. Warrier, M. Aia, J. Min, and M. L. Sichitiu, “Z-MAC: a hybrid MAC for wireless sensor networks,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 511–524, 2008.
- S. Choi, J. Del Prado, S. Shankar N, and S. Mangold, “IEEE 802.11e Contention-based channel access (EDCF) performance evaluation,” in IEEE International Conference on Communications, vol. 2, pp. 1151–1156, Anchorage, Alaska, USA, May 2003.
- L. Romdhani, Q. Ni, and T. Turletti, “Adaptive EDCF: enhanced service differentiation for IEEE 802.11 wireless ad-hoc networks,” in Proceedings of IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC '03), pp. 1373–1378, New Orleans, La, USA, March 2003.
- M. Adamou, I. Lee, and I. Shin, “An energy efficient real-time medium access control protocol for wireless ad-hoc networks,” in the 8th IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium, September 2002.
- “IEEE 802.15.4. Wireless Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY)Specifications for Low-Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks (LR-WPANs),” 2003.