- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 521810, 24 pages
Context-Aware Scheduling of Distributed DL-Reasoning Tasks in Wireless Sensor Networks
Department of Information Technology—IBBT, Ghent University, G. Crommenlaan 8/201, 9050 Ghent, Belgium
Received 20 January 2011; Accepted 20 June 2011
Copyright © 2011 Stijn Verstichel et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Baader, D. Calvanese, D. McGuinness, D. Nardi, and P. F. Patel-Schneider, The Description Logic Handbook: Theory, Implementation and Applications, Cambridge University Press, 2003.
- I. Horrocks, P. F. Patel-Schneider, and F. van Harmelen, “From SHIQ and RDF to OWL: the making of a Web Ontology Language,” Web Semantics, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 7–26, 2003.
- S. Bechhofer, F. van Harmelen, J. Hendler, et al., “OWL Web Ontology Language Reference,” W3C Recommendation 10 February 2004, http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-ref/.
- D. L. McGuinness, F. van Harmelen, J. Hendler, et al., “OWL Web Ontology Language Overview,” W3C Recommendation 10 February 2004, http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-features/.
- B. Motik, B. C. Grau, I. Horrocks, et al., “OWL 2 Web Ontology Language Profiles,” W3C Recommendation 27 October 2009, http://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-profiles/.
- S. Verstichel, M. Strobbe, P. Simoens, F. de Turck, B. Dhoedt, and P. Demeester, “Distributed reasoning for context-aware services through design of an OWL meta-model,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Autonomic and Autonomous Systems (ICAS '08), pp. 70–75, IEEE Computer Society, 2008.
- S. Verstichel, F. Ongenae, B. Volckaert, et al., “An autonomous service-platform to support distributed ontology-based context-aware agents,” Expert Systems. In press.
- S. Verstichel, E. de Poorter, T. de Pauw, et al., “Distributed ontology-based monitoring on the IBBT WiLab.t infrastructure,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Testbeds and Research Infrastructures for the Development of Networks and Communities (TridentCom '10), Berlin, Germany, May 2010.
- T. R. Gruber, “A translation approach to portable ontology specifications,” Knowledge Acquisition, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 199–220, 1993.
- J. J. Carroll, I. Dickinson, C. Dollin, D. Reynolds, A. Seaborne, and K. Wilkinson, “Jena: implementing the semantic web recommendations,” in Proceedings of the 13th International World Wide Web Conference on Alternate Track Papers and Posters, pp. 74–83, 2004.
- D. Fensel, F. van Harmelen, B. Andersson, et al., “Towards LarKC: a platform for web-scale reasoning,” in Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE International Conference on Semantic Computing, vol. 47, 2008.
- C. Bizer and A. Schultz, “The Berlin SPARQL benchmark,” Semantic Web and Information Systems, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 1–24, 2009.
- L. Serani and A. Tamilin, “Drago: distributed reasoning architecture for the semantic web,” vol. 3532, pp. 361–376, Springer.
- V. Haarslev and R. Moller, “Racer: an OWL reasoning agent for the semantic web,” in Proceedings of the the International Workshop on Applications, Products and Services of Web-Based Support Systems, in conjunction with 2003 IEEE International Conference on Web Intelligence (WI '03), vol. 13, pp. 91–95, Halifax, Canada, October 2003.
- “SpitFire: Semantic-Service Provisioning for the Internet of Things using Future Internet Research by Experimentation,” Project funded by the European Union under Grant No. ICT-258885, http://www.spitfire-project.eu/.
- M. M. Kokar, C. J. Matheus, K. Baclawski, J. A. Letkowski, M. Hinman, and J. Salerno, “Use cases for ontologies in information fusion,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Information Fusion, pp. 415–421, July 2004.
- A. D. Preece, K.-J. Hui, W. A. Gray, et al., “The KRAFT architecture for knowledge fusion and transformation,” in Proceedings of the 19th SGES International Conference on Knowledge-Based Systems and Applied Articial Intelligence (ES '99), Springer, 1999.
- F. C. Neto and C. M. F. A. Ribeiro, “Dynamic change of services in wireless sensor network middleware based on semantic technologies,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Autonomic and Autonomous Systems (ICAS '10), pp. 58–63, 2010.
- Y. Hu, Z. Wu, and M. Guo, “Ontology driven adaptive data processing in wire-less sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Scalable Information Systems, vol. 304 of ACM International Conference Proceeding Series, Suzhou, China, June 2007.
- F. C. Delicato, L. Pirmez, P. L. Pires, and J. Ferreira de Rezende, “Exploiting web technologies to build autonomic wireless sensor networks mobile and wireless communication networks,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Mobile and Wireless Communication Networks, vol. 211, pp. 99–114, Springer, Boston, Mass, USA, 2006.
- R. Rajagopalan and P. K. Varshney, “Data-aggregation techniques in sensor networks: a survey,” IEEE Commununications Survey and Tutorial, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 48–63, 2006.
- T. Baumgartner, I. Chatzigiannakis, S. Fekete, C. Koninis, A. Krller, and A. Pyrgelis, “Wiselib: a generic algorithm library for heterogeneous sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 7th European Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks (EWSN '10), vol. 5970 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 162–177, Springer, Coimbra, Portugal, February 2010.
- S. Bouckaert, W. Vandenberghe, B. Jooris, I. Moerman, and P. Demeester, “The w-iLab.t testbed,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Testbeds and Research Infrastructures for the Development of Networks and Communities (TridentCom '10), pp. 145–154, Berlin, Germany, May 2010.
- “TMoteSky,” http://www.sentilla.com/moteiv-transition.html.
- D. Gay, P. Levis, R. von Behren, M. Welsh, E. Brewer, and D. Culler, “The nesC language: a holistic approach to networked embedded systems,” in Proceedings of the ACM SIGPLAN 2003 Conference on Programming language Design and Implementation, vol. 38 of ACM Sigplan Notices, no. 5, San Diego, Calif, USA, May 2003.
- “Alix 3C3,” http://www.pcengines.ch/alix3c3.htm.
- “Voyage Linux: x86 Embedded Linux = Green computing,” http://linux.voyage.hk/.
- O. Gnawali, R. Fonseca, K. Jamieson, D. Moss, and P. Levis, “Collection tree protocol,” in Proceedings of the 7th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys '09), Berkeley, Calif, USA, November 2009.
- E. Sirin, B. Parsia, B. C. Grau, A. Kalyanpur, and Y. Katz, “Pellet: a practical OWL-DL reasoner web semantics,” Science, Services and Agents on the World Wide Web, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 51–53, 2007.
- A. Seaborne, G. Manjunath, C. Bizer, et al., SPARQL Update, A language forupdating RDF graphs, W3C Member Submission 15 July 2008, http://www.w3.org/Submission/SPARQL-Update/.
- E. Prud'hommeaux and A. Seaborne, SPARQL Query Language for RDF, W3C Recommendation 15 January 2008, http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-query/.
- A. Joseki, A SPARQL Server for Jena, http://www.joseki.org/.
- F. Ongenae, S. Verstichel, F. de Turck, T. Dhaene, B. Dhoedt, and P. Demeester, “OTA-Gen: a tunable ontology generator for benchmarking ontology-based agent collaboration,” in Proceedings of the 32nd Annual IEEE International Computer Software and Applications Conference(COMPSAC '08), pp. 529–530, Turku, Finland, July 2008.
- Y. Guo, Z. Pan, and J. Heflin, “LUBM: a benchmark for OWL knowledge base systems,” Web Semantics, vol. 3, no. 2-3, pp. 158–182, 2005.