- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 717208, 9 pages
Distributed Algorithm for Traffic Data Collection and Data Quality Analysis Based on Wireless Sensor Networks
Department of Computer Science and Technology, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian Liaoning 116023, China
Received 14 February 2011; Accepted 10 July 2011
Copyright © 2011 Nan Ding et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. C. Herrera, D. B. Work, R. Herring, X. Ban, Q. Jacobson, and A. M. Bayen, “Evaluation of traffic data obtained via GPS-enabled mobile phones: the Mobile Century field experiment,” Transportation Research C, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 568–583, 2010.
- S. Cheung and P. Varaiya, The Quality of Loop Data and the Health of California's Freeway Loop Detectors, PeMS Development Group, University of California, Berkeley, Calif, USA, 2002.
- P. Wu, Automated Data Collection, Analysis, and Archival (Final Report), University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, 2003.
- C. Chen, J. Kwon, J. Rice, A. Skabardonis, and P. Varaiya, “Detecting errors and imputing missing data for single-loop surveillance systems,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1855, pp. 160–167, 2003.
- S. Cheung and P. Varaiya, Traffic Surveillance by Wireless Sensor Networks: Final Report, University of California, Berkeley, Calif, USA, 2007.
- M. Tubaishat, P. Zhuang, Q. Qi, and S. Yi, “Wireless sensor networks in intelligent transportation systems,” Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 287–302, 2009.
- H. Kowshik, D. Caveney, and P. R. Kumar, “Safety and liveness in intelligent intersections,” Hybrid Systems: Computation and Control, vol. 4981, pp. 301–315, 2008.
- H. Amine, K. Robert, and P. Varaiya, “Wireless magnetic sensors for traffic surveillance,” Transportation Research C, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 294–306, 2008.
- J. Jeahoon, G. Shuo, and H. Tian, “APL: autonomous passive localization for wireless sensors deployed in road networks,” in Proceedings of the 27th IEEE Communications Society Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM '08), pp. 583–591, Phoenix, Ariz, USA, April 2008.
- S. Y. Cheung, S. Coleri, B. Dundar, S. Ganesh, C. W. Tan, and P. Varaiya, “Traffic measurement and vehicle classification with single magnetic sensor,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1917, pp. 173–181, 2005.
- N. Ding, G. Tan, H. Ma, M. Lin, and Y. Shang, “Low-power vehicle speed estimation algorithm based on WSN,” in Proceedings of the 11th International IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC '08), pp. 1015–1020, Beijing, China, December 2008.
- W. Zhang, G. Z. Tan, H. M. Shi, and M. W. Lin, “A distributed threshold algorithm for vehicle classification based on binary proximity sensors and intelligent neuron classifier,” Journal of Information Science and Engineering, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 769–783, 2010.
- N. L. Nihan, X. Zhang, and Y. Wang, “Detector data validity,” Tech. Rep., Washington State Transportation Center, 1990.
- Y. K. Ki and D. K. Baik, “Model for accurate speed measurement using double-loop detectors,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 1094–1101, 2006.
- V. Lelitha and L. R. Rilett, “Loop detector data diagnostics based on conservation-of-vehicles principle,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1870, pp. 162–169, 2004.
- R. Rajagopal, X. L. Nguyen, S. C. Ergen, and P. Varaiya, “Distributed online simultaneous fault detection for multiple sensors,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN '08), pp. 133–144, St. Louis, Mo, USA, April 2008.
- S. Ozdemir and Y. Xiao, “Secure data aggregation in wireless sensor networks: a comprehensive overview,” Computer Networks, vol. 53, no. 12, pp. 2022–2037, 2009.
- X. Lignos, G. Ioannidis, and A. N. Kounadis, “Non-linear buckling of simple models with tilted cusp catastrophe,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 38, no. 8, pp. 1163–1172, 2003.
- J. Guo, X. L. Chen, and H. Z. Jin, “Research on model of traffic flow based on cusp catastrophe,” Control and Decision, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 237–240, 2008.
- S. Kang and R. Jayakrishnan, Theoretical Analysis of Catastrophes in Traffic, University of California, Irvine, Calif, USA, 1998.
- F. P. Navin, “Traffic congestion catastrophes,” Transportation Planning and Technology, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 19–25, 1986.
- Y. Zhang and Y. Pei, “The application of cusp catastrophe theory in traffic flow prediction,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems, pp. 628–631, 2003.
- Y. Wang, M. Papageorgiou, and A. Messmer, “Real-time freeway traffic state estimation based on extended Kalman filter: a case study,” Transportation Science, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 167–181, 2007.