- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 828414, 19 pages
Anonymous Aggregator Election and Data Aggregation in Wireless Sensor Networks
Laboratory of Cryptography and Systems Security (CRYSYS), Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Bme-Hit, P.O. Box 91, 1521 Budapest, Hungary
Received 15 February 2011; Revised 15 May 2011; Accepted 30 June 2011
Copyright © 2011 Tamás Holczer and Levente Buttyán. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Buttyán and T. Holczer, “Private cluster head election in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 6th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Adhoc and Sensor Systems (MASS '09), pp. 1048–1053, 2009.
- L. Buttyán and T. Holczer, “Perfectly anonymous data aggregation in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 7th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Adhoc and Sensor Systems (MASS '10), pp. 513–518, 2010.
- Y. R. Faizulkhakov, “Time synchronization methods for wireless sensor networks: a survey,” Programming and Computer Software, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 214–226, 2007.
- L. Buttyán and P. Schaffer, “Position-based aggregator node election in wireless sensor networks,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 2010, Article ID 679205, 15 pages, 2010.
- W. R. Heinzelman, A. Chandrakasan, and H. Balakrishnan, “Energy-efficient communication protocol for wireless microsensor networks,” in Proceedings the 33rd Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Siences (HICSS '00), vol. 2, pp. 3005–3014, January 2000.
- R. Anderson and M. Kuhn, “Tamper resistance: a cautionary note,” in Proceedings of the 2nd USENIX Workshop on Electronic Commerce, vol. 2, p. 1, USENIX Association, 1996.
- J. Lopez and J. Zhou, Wireless Sensor Network Security, Cryptology and Information Security Series, IOS Press, 2008.
- H. Chan, A. Perrig, and D. Song, “Random key predistribution schemes for sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy, pp. 197–213, IEEE Computer Society, May 2003.
- S. Zhu, S. Setia, and S. Jajodia, “LEAP: efficient security mechanisms for large-scale distributed sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 10th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS '03), pp. 62–72, ACM Press, October 2003.
- P. Ganesan, R. Venugopalan, P. Peddabachagari, A. Dean, F. Mueller, and M. Sichitiu, “Analyzing and modeling encryption overhead for sensor network nodes,” in Proceedings of the 2nd ACM International Workshop on Wireless Sensor Networks and Applications (WSNA '03), pp. 151–159, September 2003.
- K. Piotrowski, P. Langendoerfer, and S. Peter, “How public key cryptography influences wireless sensor node lifetime,” in Proceedings of the 4th ACM Workshop on Security of Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks (SASN '06), pp. 169–176, October 2006.
- S. Seys and B. Preneel, “ARM: anonymous routing protocol for mobile ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA '06), pp. 133–137, April 2006.
- Y. Zhang, W. Liu, W. Lou, and Y. Fang, “MASK: anonymous on-demand routing in mobile ad hoc networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 5, no. 9, pp. 2376–2385, 2006.
- T. Rajendran and K. V. Sreenaath, “Secure anonymous routing in ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 1st ACM Bangalore Annual Conference (COMPUTE '08), ACM Press, New York, NY, USA, January 2008.
- B. Preneel and P. C. Van Oorschot, “On the security of iterated message authentication codes,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 188–199, 1999.
- A. Liu and P. Ning, “TinyECC: a configurable library for elliptic curve cryptography in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN '08), pp. 245–256, April 2008.
- P. Szczechowiak, L. B. Oliveira, M. Scott, M. Collier, and R. Dahab, “NanoECC: testing the limits of elliptic curve cryptography in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 5th European Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks (EWSN '08), vol. 4913 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 305–320, 2008.
- L. B. Oliveira, M. Scott, J. López, and R. Dahab, “TinyPBC: pairings for authenticated identity-based non-interactive key distribution in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Networked Sensing Systems (INSS '08), pp. 173–180, IEEE, Kanazawa, Japan, June 2008.
- X. Xiong, D. S. Wong, and X. Deng, “TinyPairing: a fast and lightweight pairing-based cryptographic library for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC '10), April 2010.
- A. Perrig, R. Canetti, J. D. Tygar, and D. Song, “The TESLA broadcast authentication protocol,” RSA CryptoBytes, vol. 5, 2002.
- D. Liu, P. Ning, S. Zhu, and S. Jajodia, “Practical broadcast authentication in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 2nd Annual International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems -Networking and Services (MobiQuitous '05), pp. 118–129, July 2005.
- Y. Huang, W. Ret, and K. Nahrstedt, “ChainFarm: a novel authentication protocol for high-rate any source probabilistic broadcast,” in Proceedings of the 6th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Adhoc and Sensor Systems (MASS '09), pp. 264–273, October 2009.
- J. Blum, M. Ding, A. Thaeler, and X. Cheng, “Connected dominating set in sensor networksand manets,” in Handbook of Combinatorial Optimization, D.-Z. Du and P. Pardalos, Eds., pp. 329–369, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2004.
- P. Jacquet, “Performance of connected dominating set in olsr protocol,” Tech. Rep. RR-5098, INRIA, 2004.
- J. Kruskal and B. Joseph, “On the shortest spanning subtree of a graph and the traveling salesman problem,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 48–50, 1956.
- R. Prim, “Shortest connection networks and some generalizations,” Bell System Technical Journal, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 1389–1401, 1957.
- E. J. H. Chang, “Echo algorithms: depth parallel operations on general graphs,” IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, vol. SE-8, no. 4, pp. 391–401, 1982.
- G. Tel, Introduction to Distributed Algorithms, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2nd edition, 2000.
- F. Hao and P. Zieliński, “A 2-round anonymous veto protocol,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop on Security Protocols: Putting the Human Back in the Protocol, vol. 5087 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 202–211, Cambridge, UK, 2009.
- F. Brandt, “Efficient cryptographic protocol design based on distributed El gamal encryption,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Information Security and Cryptology (ICISC '05), vol. 3935 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 32–47, 2006.
- D. Chaum, “The dining cryptographers problem: unconditional sender and recipient untraceability,” Journal of Cryptology, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 65–75, 1988.
- J. Camenisch and M. Stadler, “Proof systems for general statements about discrete logarithms,” Tech. Rep., Department of Computer Science, ETH Zürich, Zürich, Switzerland, 1997.
- C. P. Schnorr, “Efficient signature generation by smart cards,” Journal of Cryptology, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 161–174, 1991.
- A. Francillon and C. Castelluecia, “TinyRNG: a cryptographic random number generator for wireless sensors network nodes,” in Proceedings of the5th International Symposium on Modeling and Optimization in Mobile, Ad Hoc, and Wireless Networks (WiOpt '07), cyp, April 2007.
- A. Iqbal and S. A. Khayam, “An energy-efficient link layer protocol for reliable transmission over wireless networks,” EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, vol. 2009, Article ID 791201, 10 pages, 2009.
- C.-Y. Wan, A. T. Campbell, and L. Krishnamurthy, “PSFQ: a reliable transport protocol for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the ACM International Workshop on Wireless Sensor Networks and Applications, pp. 1–11, ACM Press, 2002.
- L. Buttyán, P. Schaffer, and I. Vajda, “RANBAR: RANSAC-based resilient aggregation in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th ACM Workshop on Security of ad hoc and Sensor Networks (SASN '06), pp. 83–90, ACM Press, Alexandria, Va, USA, 2006.
- D. Wagner, “Resilient aggregation in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the ACM Workshop on Security of Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks (SASN '04), pp. 78–87, October 2004.
- L. Buttyán, P. Schaffer, and I. Vajda, “CORA: correlation-based resilient aggregation in sensor networks,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 1035–1050, 2009.
- N. Li, N. Zhang, S. K. Das, and B. Thuraisingham, “Privacy preservation in wireless sensor networks: a state-of-the-art survey,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 7, no. 8, pp. 1501–1514, 2009.
- W. He, X. Liu, H. Nguyen, K. Nahrstedt, and T. Abdelzaher, “PDA: privacy-preserving data aggregation in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 26th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM '07), pp. 2045–2053, May 2007.
- B. Sheng and Q. Li, “Verifiable privacy-preserving range query in two-tiered sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 27th IEEE Communications Society Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM '08), pp. 457–465, April 2008.
- J. Deng, R. Han, and S. Mishra, “Decorrelating wireless sensor network traffic to inhibit traffic analysis attacks,” Pervasive and Mobile Computing, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 159–186, 2006.
- H. Choi, P. McDaniel, and T. F. La Porta, “Privacy preserving communication in MANETs,” in Proceedings of the 4th Annual IEEE Communications Society Conference on Sensor, Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks (SECON '07), pp. 233–242, June 2007.