- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 980953, 17 pages
Low-Complexity, Distributed Characterization of Interferers in Wireless Networks
1Network Systems Engineering, AT&T Labs, 2600 Camino Ramon, CA 94583, USA
2Robert Bosch LLC, Research and Technology Center North America, 4009 Miranda Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
3School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 777 Atlantic Drive NW, Atlanta, GA 30332-0250, USA
Received 8 February 2011; Revised 21 May 2011; Accepted 25 May 2011
Copyright © 2011 Vibhav Kapnadak et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- X. Zhong, H. H. Chan, T. J. Rogers, C. P. Rosenberg, and E. J. Coyle, “The development and eStadium testbeds for research and development of wireless services for large-scale sports venues,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International IEEE/Create-Net Conference on Testbeds and Research Infrastructures for the Development of Networks and Communities (TRIDENTCOM '06), pp. 340–348, March 2006.
- A. Ault, J. V. Krogmeier, S. R. Dunlop, and E. J. Coyle, “eStadium: the mobile wireless football experience,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Internet and Web Applications and Services (ICIW '08), pp. 644–649, June 2008.
- X. Zhong and E. J. Coyle, “eStadium: a wireless “living lab” for safety and infotainment applications,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Communications and Networking in China (ChinaCom '06), 2007.
- A. Hills, “Smart Wi-Fi,” Scientific American, vol. 285, no. 10, pp. 86–94, 2005.
- J. K. Nelson and M. R. Gupta, “An EM technique for multiple transmitter localization,” in Proceedings of the 41st Annual Conference on Information Sciences and Systems (CISS '07), pp. 610–615, March 2007.
- J. K. Nelson, M. U. Hazen, and M. R. Gupta, “Global optimization for multiple transmitter localization,” in Proceedings of the Military Communications Conference (MILCOM '06), pp. 1–7, October 2006.
- T. Roos, P. Myllymaki, and H. Tirri, “A statistical modeling approach to location estimation,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 59–69, 2002.
- X. Liu and S. Shankar, “Sensing-based opportunistic channel access,” Mobile Networks and Applications, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 577–591, 2006.
- K. R. Chowdhury and I. F. Akyildiz, “Cognitive wireless mesh networks with dynamic spectrum access,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 168–181, 2008.
- A. Ribeiro and G. B. Giannakis, “Bandwidth-constrained distributed estimation for wireless sensor networks—part I: gaussian case,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 1131–1143, 2006.
- A. Ribeiro and G. B. Giannakis, “Bandwidth-constrained distributed estimation for wireless sensor networks—part II: unknown probability density function,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 54, no. 7, pp. 2784–2796, 2006.
- R. Niu and P. K. Varshney, “Target location estimation in sensor networks with quantized data,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 54, no. 12, pp. 4519–4528, 2006.
- A. Dogandžić and B. Zhang, “Nonparametric probability density estimation for sensor networks using quantized measurements,” in Proceedings of the 41st Annual Conference on Information Sciences and Systems (CISS '07), pp. 759–764, March 2007.
- O. Ozdemir, R. Niu, and P. K. Varshney, “Channel aware target localization with quantized data in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 1190–1202, 2009.
- T. C. Aysal and K. E. Barner, “Constrained decentralized estimation over noisy channels for sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 1398–1410, 2008.
- T. C. Aysal and K. E. Barner, “Blind decentralized estimation for bandwidth constrained wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 7, no. 5, Article ID 4524301, pp. 1466–1471, 2008.
- T. C. Aysal and K. E. Barner, “Sensor data cryptography in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, vol. 3, no. 2, Article ID 4470151, pp. 273–289, 2008.
- Z. Q. Luo, “Universal decentralized estimation in a bandwidth constrained sensor network,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 2210–2219, 2005.
- S. Cui, J. J. Xiao, A. J. Goldsmith, Z. Q. Luo, and H. V. Poor, “Estimation diversity and energy efficiency in distributed sensing,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 55, no. 9, pp. 4683–4695, 2007.
- J. J. Xiao, S. Cui, Z. Q. Luo, and A. J. Goldsmith, “Power scheduling of universal decentralized estimation in sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 413–422, 2006.
- J. J. Xiao and Z. Q. Luo, “Decentralized estimation in an inhomogeneous sensing environment,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 51, no. 10, pp. 3564–3575, 2005.
- E. Visotsky, S. Kuffher, and R. Peterson, “On collaborative detection of TV transmissions in support of dynamic spectrum sharing,” in Proceedings of the 1st IEEE International Symposium on New Frontiers in Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks (DySPAN '05), pp. 338–345, 2005.
- A. Ghasemi and E. S. Sousa, “Asymptotic performance of collaborative spectrum sensing under correlated log-normal shadowing,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 34–36, 2007.
- IEEE802.15.4, “Ieee standard 802 part 15.4 wireless medium access control (mac) and physical layer (phy) specifications for low rate wireless personal area networks (wpans),” 2006.
- T. M. Cover and J. A. Thomas, Elements of Information Theory, John Wiley & Sons, 1991.
- S. Bandyopadhyay, Q. Tian, and E. J. Coyle, “Spatio-temporal sampling rates and enery efficiency in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 1339–1352, 2005.
- Cisco, “Cisco aironet 1200 series access point data sheet,” [Online], 2006, http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps430/ps4076/product_data_sheet09186a00800937a6.html.
- V. Kapnadak, M. Senel, and E. J. Coyle, “Distributed iterative quantization for interference characterization in wireless networks,” Digital Signal Processing. In press.
- S. M. Kay, Fundamentals of Statistical Signal Processing-Estimation Theory, vol. 1, PrenticeHall PTR, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 1993.
- T. S. Rappaport, Wireless Communications- Principles and Practices, PrenticeHall PTR, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 2002.
- R. A. Thisted, Elements of Statistical Computing, vol. 1, Chapman and Hall, 1988.
- “Cvx: Matlab software for disciplined convex programming,” http://cvxr.com/cvx/.
- E. Lehmann and G. Casella, Theory of Point Estimation, Springer, 1998.