- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 151795, 11 pages
Efficient Data Dissemination in Urban VANETs: Parked Vehicles Are Natural Infrastructures
School of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Chengdu, Sichuan 611731, China
Received 9 November 2012; Accepted 3 December 2012
Academic Editor: Ming Liu
Copyright © 2012 Hui Zhao and Jinqi Zhu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Nekovee, “Epidemic algorithms for reliable and efficient information dissemination in vehicular Ad Hoc networks,” IET Intelligent Transport Systems, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 104–110, 2009.
- M. Caliskan, D. Graupner, and M. Mauve, “Decentralized discovery of free parking places,” in Proceedings of the 3rd ACM International Workshop on Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANET'06), pp. 30–39, New York, NY, USA, September 2006.
- H. Wu, R. Fujimoto, R. Guensler, and M. Hunter, “MDDV: a mobility-centric data dissemination algorithm for vehicular networks,” in Proceedings of the 1st ACM International Workshop on Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANET'04), pp. 47–56, New York, NY, USA, October 2004.
- L. Wu, M. Liu, X. Wang, G. Chen, and H. Gong, “Mobile distributionaware data dissemination for vehicular Ad Hoc Networks,” Software Journal, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 1580–1596, 2011.
- C. Maihöfer, T. Leinmüller, and E. Schoch, “Abiding geocast: time-stable geocast for Ad Hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 2nd ACM International Workshop on Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANET'05), pp. 20–29, ACM, 2005.
- J. Zhao, Y. Zhang, and G. Cao, “Data pouring and buffering on the road: a new data dissemination paradigm for vehicular Ad Hoc networks,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 56, no. 6 I, pp. 3266–3277, 2007.
- C. Morency and M. Trépanier, “Characterizing parking spaces using travel survey data,” CIRRELT, 2006.
- B. Xu, A. Ouksel, and O. Wolfson, “Opportunistic resource exchange in inter-vehicle Ad Hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Mobile Data Management (MDM), pp. 4–12, 2004.
- G. Korkmaz, E. Ekici, F. Ozguner, and U. Ozguner, “Urban multi-hop broadcast protocol for inter-vehicle communication systems,” in Proceedings of the 1st ACM International Workshop on Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANET'04), pp. 76–85, 2004.
- Y. Ding, C. Wang, and L. Xiao, “A static-node assisted adaptive routing protocol in vehicular networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th ACM International Workshop on Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANET'07), pp. 59–68, September 2007.
- C. Lochert, B. Scheuermann, C. Wewetzer, A. Luebke, and M. Mauve, “Data aggregation and roadside unit placement for a vanet traffic information system,” in Proceedings of the 5th ACM International Workshop on VehiculAr Inter-NETworking (VANET'08), pp. 58–65, New York, NY, USA, September 2008.
- M. Eltoweissy, S. Olariu, and M. Younis, “Towards autonomous vehicular clouds,” in Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 49 of Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering, pp. 1–16, 2010.
- S. Olariu, I. Khalil, and M. Abuelela, “Taking VANET to the clouds,” International Journal of Pervasive Computing and Communications, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 7–21, 2011.
- D. Shoup, “Cruising for parking,” Access, vol. 30, pp. 16–22, 2007.
- R. H. Frenkiel, B. R. Badrinath, J. Borràs, and R. D. Yates, “Infostations challenge: balancing cost and ubiquity in delivering wireless data,” IEEE Personal Communications, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 66–71, 2000.
- A. Adiv and W. Wang, “On-street parking meter behavior,” Transportation Quarterly, vol. 41, pp. 281–307, 1987.
- J. F. Kurose and K. W. Ross, “A top-down approach featuring the internet”.
- R. Meier and V. Cahill, “STEAM: event-based middleware for wireless Ad Hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Distributed Event-Based Systems (DEBS'02), pp. 639–644, 2002.
- L. Fiege, F. Gärtner, O. Kasten, and A. Zeidler, “Supporting mobility in content-based publish/subscribe middleware,” in Proceedings of the ACM/IFIP/USENIX International Conference on Middleware (Middleware'03), pp. 103–122, 2003.
- W. Feller, An Introduction to Probability Theory and Its Applications, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2008.
- J. Härri, F. Filali, C. Bonnet, and M. Fiore, “VanetMobiSim: generating realistic mobility patterns for VANETs,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANET'06), pp. 96–97, ACM, New York, NY, USA, 2006.
- B. Karp and H. Kung, “GPSR: greedy perimeter stateless routing for wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the 6th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom'00), pp. 243–254, ACM, 2000.