- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 164527, 15 pages
Mobile Multi-Agent Evaluation Method for Wireless Sensor Networks-Based Large-Scale Structural Health Monitoring
The State Key Laboratory of Mechanics and Control of Mechanical Structures, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 29 Yudao Street, Nanjing 210016, China
Received 29 June 2012; Accepted 29 September 2012
Academic Editor: Hong-Nan Li
Copyright © 2012 Shenfang Yuan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Boller and M. Buderath, “Fatigue in aerostructures—where structural health monitoring can contribute to a complex subject,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, vol. 365, no. 1851, pp. 561–587, 2007.
- C. R. Farrar and K. Worden, “An introduction to structural health monitoring,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, vol. 365, no. 1851, pp. 303–315, 2007.
- T.-H. Yi and H.-N. Li, “Methodology developments in sensor placement for health monitoring of civil infrastructures,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 2012, Article ID 612726, 11 pages, 2012.
- T.-H. Yi, H.-N. Li, and X.-D. Zhang, “A modified monkey algorithm for optimal sensor placement in structural health monitoring,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 21, no. 10, Article ID 105033, 2012.
- B. F. Spencer, “Opportunities and challenges for smart sensing technology,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Structural Health Monitoring and Intelligent Infrastructure, pp. 65–71, Tokyo, Japan, 2003.
- V. V. Varadan, V. K. Varadan, X. Bao, S. Ramanathan, and D. Piscotty, “Wireless passive IDT strain microsensor,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 745–751, 1997.
- J. P. Lynch, “Design of a wireless active sensing unit for localized structural health monitoring,” Structural Control and Health Monitoring, vol. 12, no. 3-4, pp. 405–423, 2005.
- Y. Jia, K. Sun, F. J. Agosto, and M. T. Quĩones, “Design and characterization of a passive wireless strain sensor,” Measurement Science and Technology, vol. 17, no. 11, pp. 2869–2876, 2006.
- J. Wu, S. Yuan, X. Zhao, Y. Yin, and W. Ye, “A wireless sensor network node designed for exploring a structural health monitoring application,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 1898–1906, 2007.
- D. L. Mascarenas, M. D. Todd, G. Park, and C. R. Farrar, “Development of an impedance-based wireless sensor node for structural health monitoring,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 2137–2145, 2007.
- G. Park, T. Rosing, M. D. Todd, C. R. Farrar, and W. Hodgkiss, “Energy harvesting for structural health monitoring sensor networks,” Journal of Infrastructure Systems, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 64–79, 2008.
- H. Huang, D. Paramo, and S. Deshmukh, “Unpowered wireless transmission of ultrasound signals,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 20, no. 1, Article ID 015017, 2011.
- J. P. Lynch, Y. Wang, K. J. Loh, J. H. Yi, and C. B. Yun, “Performance monitoring of the Geumdang Bridge using a dense network of high-resolution wireless sensors,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 1561–1575, 2006.
- Y. Yu, J. Ou, J. Zhang, C. Zhang, and L. Li, “Development of wireless MEMS inclination sensor system for swing monitoring of large-scale hook structures,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 1072–1078, 2009.
- X. Zhao, T. Qian, G. Mei et al., “Active health monitoring of an aircraft wing with an embedded piezoelectric sensor/actuator network: II. Wireless approaches,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 1218–1225, 2007.
- S. N. Pakzad, G. L. Fenves, S. Kim, and D. E. Culler, “Design and implementation of scalable wireless sensor network for structural monitoring,” Journal of Infrastructure Systems, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 89–101, 2008.
- J. Wu, S. Yuan, G. Zhou, S. Ji, Z. Wang, and Y. Wang, “Design and evaluation of a wireless sensor network based aircraft strength testing system,” Sensors, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 4195–4210, 2009.
- W. Ren and Y. C. Cao, Distributed Coordination of Multi-Agent Networks, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2011.
- D. Abbott, D. Briony, D. John, et al., “Development and Evaluation of sensor concepts for ageless aerospace vehicles,” NASA Technical Report NASA/CR-2002-211773, Langley Research Center, Hampton, Va, USA.
- A. Esterline, B. Gandluri, and M. Sundaresan, “Characterizing environmental information for monitoring agents,” in Innovative Concepts for Autonomic and Agent-Based Systems, M. G. Hinchey, et al., Ed., pp. 74–85, Springer, 2006.
- S. Yuan, X. Lai, X. Zhao, X. Xu, and L. Zhang, “Distributed structural health monitoring system based on smart wireless sensor and multi-agent technology,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 2006.
- X. Zhao, S. Yuan, Z. Yu, W. Ye, and J. Cao, “Designing strategy for multi-agent system based large structural health monitoring,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 1154–1168, 2008.
- X. Zhao, S. Yuan, H. Zhou, H. Sun, and L. Qiu, “An evaluation on the multi-agent system based structural health monitoring for large scale structures,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 4900–4914, 2009.
- J. Wu, S. Yuan, S. Ji, G. Zhou, Y. Wang, and Z. Wang, “Multi-agent system design and evaluation for collaborative wireless sensor network in large structure health monitoring,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 2028–2036, 2010.
- R. Gray, D. Kotz, G. Cybenko, and D. Rus, “Mobile agents: motivations and state-of-the-art systems,” in Handbook of Agent Technology, J. Bradshaw, Ed., AAAI /MIT Press, Boston, Mass, USA, 2002.
- B. Chen and W. Liu, “Mobile agent computing paradigm for building a flexible structural health monitoring sensor network,” Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 504–516, 2010.
- S. G. Taylor, K. M. Farinholt, E. B. Flynn et al., “A mobile-agent-based wireless sensing network for structural monitoring applications,” Measurement Science and Technology, vol. 20, no. 4, Article ID 045201, 2009.
- Y. Z. Li, S. F. Yuan, J. Wu, and J. W. Ding, “Design of a wireless sensor node with high-speed sampling rate,” in Proceedings of the International Joint Conference of SMSAW/SMEBA, pp. 343–349, 2008.
- P. Viswanath and T. Hitendra Sarma, “An improvement to k-nearest neighbor classifier,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Recent Advances in Intelligent Computational Systems (RAICS '11), pp. 227–231, 2011.
- M. Saberi, A. Azadeh, A. Nourmohammadzadeh, et al., “Comparing performance and robustness of SVM and ANN for fault diagnosis in a centrifugal pump,” in Proceedings of the 19th International Congress on Modeling and Simulation, pp. 433–439, December 2011.
- M. Demetgul, I. N. Tansel, and S. Taskin, “Fault diagnosis of pneumatic systems with artificial neural network algorithms,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 36, no. 7, pp. 10512–10519, 2009.