- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 197592, 10 pages
Location Privacy and Energy Preservation in Sensor Allocation Systems
Computer Engineering Department, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Box 1392, Dhahran 31261, Saudi Arabia
Received 29 January 2012; Revised 15 April 2012; Accepted 24 May 2012
Academic Editor: Yingshu Li
Copyright © 2012 Hosam Rowaihy. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Perillo and W. Heinzelman, “Optimal sensor management under energy and reliability constraints,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Wireless Communications and Networking, March 2003.
- K. P. Shih, Y. D. Chen, C. W. Chiang, and B. J. Liu, “A distributed active sensor selection scheme for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 11th IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC '06), pp. 923–928, June 2006.
- F. Aurenhammer, “Voronoi diagrams—a survey of a fundamental geometric data structure,” ACM Computing Surveys, 1991.
- J. Lu, L. Bao, and T. Suda, “Coverage-aware sensor engagement in dense sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the International Confernece on Embedded and Ubiquitous Computing (EUC '05), December 2005.
- H. Rowaihy, S. Eswaran, M. Johnson et al., “A survey of sensor selection schemes in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the SPIE Defense and Security Symposium, April 2007.
- M. P. Johnson, H. Rowaihy, D. Pizzocaro et al., “Sensor-mission assignment in constrained environments,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 1692–1705, 2010.
- H. Rowaihy, M. P. Johnson, O. Liu, A. Bar-Noy, T. Brown, and T. La Porta, “Sensor-mission assignment in wireless sensor networks,” ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks, vol. 6, no. 4, 2010.
- H. Rowaihy, M. Johnson, D. Pizzocaro, et al., “Detection and localization sensor assignment with exact and fuzzy locations,” in Proceedings of the DCOSS, 2009.
- J. Deng, R. Han, and S. Mishra, “Countermeasures against traffic analysis attacks in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Security and Privacy for Emerging Areas in Communications Networks (SecureComm '05), pp. 113–126, September 2005.
- J. Deng, R. Han, and S. Mishra, “Decorrelating wireless sensor network traffic to inhibit traffic analysis attacks,” Pervasive and Mobile Computing, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 159–186, 2006.
- Y. Jian, S. Chen, Z. Zhang, and L. Zhang, “Protecting receiver-location privacy in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 26th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (IEEE INFOCOM '07), pp. 1955–1963, May 2007.
- K. Mehta, D. Liu, and M. Wright, “Location privacy in sensor networks against a global eavesdropper,” in Proceedings of the 15th IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP '07), pp. 314–323, October 2007.
- M. Shao, Y. Yang, S. Zhu, and G. Cao, “Towards statistically strong source anonymity for sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 27th IEEE Communications Society Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM '08), pp. 466–474, April 2008.
- Y. Xi, L. Schwiebert, and W. S. Shi, “Preserving source location privacy in monitoring-based wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 20th International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS '06), April 2006.
- Y. Yang, M. Shao, S. Zhu, B. Urgaonkar, and G. Cao, “Towards event source unobservability with minimum network traffic in sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 1st ACM Conference on Wireless Network Security (WiSec '08), pp. 77–88, April 2008.
- G. Anastasi, M. Conti, M. Di Francesco, and A. Passarella, “Energy conservation in wireless sensor networks: a survey,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 537–568, 2009.
- G. Wang, G. Cao, T. La Porta, and W. Zhang, “Sensor relocation in mobile sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE INFOCOM, pp. 2302–2312, March 2005.
- S. Tutton, “Optimizing the allocation of sensor assets for the unit of action,” Tech. Rep., Naval Postgraduate School, 2006.
- P. Bose, P. Morin, I. Stojmenović, and J. Urrutia, “Routing with guaranteed delivery in ad hoc wireless networks,” Wireless Networks, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 609–616, 2001.
- B. Karp and H. T. Kung, “GPSR: greedy perimeter stateless routing for wireless networks,” in Proceedings of the 6th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MOBICOM '00), pp. 243–254, August 2000.
- A. Rao, S. Ratnasamy, C. Papadimitriou, S. Shenker, and I. Stoica, “Geographic routing without location information,” in Proceedings of the Ninth Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom '03), pp. 96–108, September 2003.
- S. Blackman and R. Popoli, Design and Analysis of Modern Tracking Systems, 1999.
- L. Sweeney, “k-anonymity: a model for protecting privacy,” International Journal of Uncertainty, Fuzziness and Knowlege-Based Systems, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 557–570, 2002.