- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 212876, 18 pages
Wireless Communication Networks for Gas Turbine Engine Testing
1Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, University College London, London WC1E 7JE, UK
2Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow G1 1XW, UK
3SELEX Galileo, Basildon SS14 3EL, UK
4Institute for Infocomm Research, A*STAR, Singapore
5Strategic Research Centre, Rolls-Royce plc, P.O. Box 31, Derby DE24 8BJ, UK
6Advanced Technology Centre, Rolls-Royce Singapore Pte Ltd., 16 International Business Park, No. 03-01 M+W Zander, Singapore 609929
Received 1 June 2011; Revised 28 September 2011; Accepted 20 October 2011
Academic Editor: Frank Ehlers
Copyright © 2012 Xuewu Dai et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. C. Gungor and G. P. Hancke, “Industrial wireless sensor networks: challenges, design principles, and technical approaches,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 56, no. 10, pp. 4258–4265, 2009.
- H. A. Thompson, “Wireless sensor research at the Rolls-Royce Control and Systems University Technology Centre,” in the 1st International Conference on Wireless Communication, Vehicular Technology, Information Theory and Aerospace and Electronic Systems Technology (VITAE '09), pp. 571–576, May 2009.
- K. Sasloglou, I. A. Glover, P. Dutta, R. Atkinson, I. Andonovic, and G. Whyte, “Empirical modelling and simulation of transmission loss between wireless sensor nodes in gas turbine engines,” in the 7th International Conference on Information, Communications and Signal Processing (ICICS '09), December 2009.
- L. Krishnamurthy, R. Adler, P. Buonadonna, and J. Chhabra, “Design and deployment of industrial sensor networks: experiences from a semiconductor plant and the North Sea,” in ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys), 2005.
- H. A. Thompson, “Wireless and Internet communications technologies for monitoring and control,” Control Engineering Practice, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 781–791, 2004.
- D. Goldsmith, E. Gaura, J. Brusey, J. Shuttleworth, R. Hazelden, and M. Langley, “Wireless sensor networks for aerospace applications—thermal monitoring for a gas turbine engine,” in the NSTI Nanotechnology Conference and Expo (NSTI-Nanotech '09), pp. 507–512, May 2009.
- H. Bai, M. Atiquzzaman, and D. Lilja, “Wireless sensor network for aircraft health monitoring,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Broadband Networks (BroadNets '04), pp. 748–750, October 2004.
- D. M. Benson and H. Bai, “Aircraft engine sensor network using wireless sensor communication modules,” US Patent Application 20050213548, 2005.
- R. K. Yedavalli and R. K. Belapurkar, “Application of wireless sensor networks to aircraft control and health management systems,” Journal of Control Theory and Applications, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 28–33, 2011.
- K. A. Agha, G. Chalhoub, A. Guitton et al., “Cross-layering in an industrial wireless sensor network: case study of OCARI,” Journal of Networks, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 411–420, 2009.
- H. Yang and B. Sikdar, “Performance analysis of polling based TDMA MAC protocols with sleep and wakeup cycles,” in IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '07), pp. 241–246, June 2007.
- IEEE-TG15.4, “Part 15.4: Wireless Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications for Low-Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks (LR-WPANs),” IEEE standard for Information Technology, 2003.
- Zigbee-Alliance, “ZigBee specification,” 2005, http://www.zigbee.org/.
- EUROCAE ED-14E, “A Joint EUROCAE RTCA Achievement,” Tech. Rep. Sections 19–21, The European Organisation for Civil Aviation Equipment, March 2005.
- G. Caire, JADE Tutorial: JADE Programming for Beginners, 2009.
- R. S. Sutton and A. G. Barto, Reinforcement Learning: An Introduction, 1998.
- Y. Jian, M. Zhang, and S. Chen, “Achieving MAC-layer fairness in CSMA/CA networks,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 1472–1484, 2011.
- C. Huang, C. T. Lea, and A. K. S. Wong, “On fairness enhancement for CSMA/CA wireless networks,” IEEE Systems Journal, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 511–523, 2010.