- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 213980, 7 pages
Improved DV-Hop Node Localization Algorithm in Wireless Sensor Networks
School of Electronic and Information Engineering, Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology, Nanjing 210044, China
Received 3 May 2012; Revised 26 June 2012; Accepted 19 July 2012
Academic Editor: Shashi Phoha
Copyright © 2012 Xiao Chen and Benliang Zhang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. F. Akyildiz, W. Su, Y. Sankarasubramaniam, and E. Cayirci, “Wireless sensor networks: a survey,” Computer Networks, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 393–422, 2002.
- M. X. Chen and Y. D. Wang, “An efficient location tracking structure for wireless sensor networks,” Computer Communications, vol. 32, no. 13-14, pp. 1495–1504, 2009.
- P. Bahl and V. N. Padmanabhan, “RADAR: an in-building RF-based user location and tracking system,” in Proceedings of the 19th Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (IEEE INFOCOM '00), pp. 775–784, March 2000.
- N. B. Priyantha, A. Chakraborty, and H. Balakrishnan, “Cricket location-support system,” in Proceedings of the 6th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MOBICOM '00), pp. 32–43, August 2000.
- G. Mao, B. Fidan, and B. D. O. Anderson, “Wireless sensor network localization techniques,” Computer Networks, vol. 51, no. 10, pp. 2529–2553, 2007.
- D. Niculescu and B. Nath, “Ad hoc positioning system (APS) using AOA,” in Proceedings of the 22nd Annual Joint Conference on the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies, pp. 1734–1743, April 2003.
- N. Bulusu, J. Heidemann, and D. Estrin, “GPS-less low-cost outdoor localization for very small devices,” IEEE Personal Communications, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 28–34, 2000.
- L. Doherty, K. S. J. Pister, and L. El Ghaoui, “Convex position estimation in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 20th Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies, pp. 1655–1663, April 2001.
- J. F. Kurose and K. W. Ross, Computer Networking: A-Top Down Approach Featuring the Internet, Addison Wesley, Longman, Reading, Mass, USA.
- Z. Pin, X. Zhifu, and S. Yan, “Improved DV-hop algorithm based on WSN,” Chinese Journal Of Electron Devices, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 1091–1093, 2009.
- S. Hongyu and Y. Sha, “An improved DV-Hop localization algorithm for wireless sensor network,” Electronics Optics & Control, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 93–96, 2011.
- D. Gao, P. Chen, C. H. Foh, and Y. Niu, “Hop-distance relationship analysis with quasi-UGD model for node localization in wireless sensor networks,” EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, vol. 2011, article 99, 2011.
- S. W. Lee, D. Y. Lee, and C. W. Lee, “Enhanced DV-Hop algorithm with reduced hop-size error in ad hoc networks,” IEICE Transactions on Communications, vol. 94, no. 7, pp. 2130–2132, 2011.
- J. Z. Lin, X. B. Chen, and H. B. Liu, “Iterative algorithm for locating nodes in WSN based on modifying average hopping distances,” Journal on Communications, vol. 30, no. 10, pp. 107–113, 2009.
- W. Shi, C. Jia, and H. Liang, “An improved DV-Hop localization algorithm for wireless sensor networks,” Chinese Journal of Sensors and Actuators, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 83–87, 2011.
- H. Chen, K. Sezaki, P. Deng, and H. C. So, “An improved DV-Hop localization algorithm with reduced node location error for wireless sensor networks,” IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals of Electronics, Communications and Computer Sciences, vol. 91, no. 8, pp. 2232–2236, 2008.
- Y. Gao, W. S. Zhao, C. Jing, and W. Z. Ren, “WSN node localization algorithm based on adaptive particle swarm optimization,” Applied Mechanics and Materials, vol. 143-144, pp. 302–306, 2012.
- Y. Liu, X. F. Tian, and Z. H. Zhan, “Research on inertia weight control approaches in particle swarm optimization,” Journal of Nanjing University, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 364–371, 2011.