- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 230198, 13 pages
Data Gathering in Opportunistic Wireless Sensor Networks
1Department of Software Engineering, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361005, Fujian, China
2Department of Computer Science, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361005, Fujian, China
Received 23 July 2012; Revised 24 September 2012; Accepted 2 October 2012
Academic Editor: Ruchuan Wang
Copyright © 2012 Yongxuan Lai and Ziyu Lin. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. J. Chen, C. H. Yu, C. L. Tseng, H. H. Chu, and C. F. Chou, “A content-centric framework for effective data dissemination in opportunistic networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 761–772, 2008.
- Y. P. Xiong, L. M. Sun, J. W. Niu, and Y. Liu, “Opportunistic networks,” Journal of Software, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 124–137, 2009 (Chinese).
- X. Wu and G. Chen, “Dual-Sink: Using mobile and static sinks for lifetime improvement in wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN '07), pp. 1297–1302, August 2007.
- X. Xu, J. Luo, and Q. Zhang, “Delay tolerant event collection in sensor networks with mobile sink,” in Proceedings of the 29th Conference on Information Communications (INFOCOM '10), pp. 2471–2479, March 2010.
- K. Fall, “A delay-tolerant network architecture for challenged internets,” in Proceedings of the Conference on Applications, Technologies, Architectures, and Protocols for Computer Communications, pp. 27–34, ACM, August 2003.
- H. Ochiai, H. Ishizuka, Y. Kawakami, and H. Esaki, “A dtn-based sensor data gathering for agricultural applications,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 11, no. 11, pp. 2861–2868, 2011.
- P. Juang, H. Oki, Y. Wang, M. Martonosi, L. Peh, and D. Rubenstein, “Energy-efficient computing for wildlife tracking: design tradeoffs and early experiences with zebranet,” ACM SIGOPS Operating Systems Review, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 96–107, 2002.
- R. Ayaki, H. Shimada, and K. Sato, “A proposal of sensor data collection system using mobile relay nodes,” Wireless Sensor Network, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 1–7, 2012.
- X. Liu, Q. Huang, and Y. Zhang, “Combs, needles, haystacks: balancing push and pull for discovery in large-scale sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems, pp. 122–133, ACM, November 2004.
- S. Madden, M. Franklin, J. Hellerstein, and W. Hong, “TAG: a tiny aggregation service for Ad-Hoc sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the ACM Symposium on Operating System Design and Implementation (OSDI '02), 2002.
- S. Burleigh and K. Scott, “Bundle protocol specification,” IETF Request for Comments RFC, vol. 5050, 2007.
- L. Zhang, X. W. Zhou, J. P. Wang, Y. Deng, and Q. W. Wu, “Routing protocols for delay and disruption tolerant networks,” Journal of Software, vol. 21, no. 10, pp. 2554–2572, 2010 (Chinese).
- A. Vahdat and D. Becker, “Epidemic routing for partially connected Ad hoc networks,” Tech. Rep. CS-2000-06, Duke University, 2000.
- K. A. Harras, K. C. Almeroth, and E. M. Belding-Royer, “Delay tolerant mobile networks (DTMNs): controlled flooding in sparse mobile networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th International IFIP-TC6 Networking Conference: Networking Technologies, Services, and Protocols, Performance of Computer and Communication Networks, Mobile and Wireless Communications Systems (NETWORKING '05), pp. 1180–1192, May 2005.
- R. Ramanathan, R. Hansen, P. Basu, R. Rosales-Hain, and R. Krishnan, “Prioritized epidemic routing for opportunistic networks,” in Proceedings of the 1st International MobiSys Workshop on Mobile Opportunistic Networking, pp. 62–66, ACM, June 2007.
- A. Lindgren, A. Doria, and O. Schelén, “Probabilistic routing in intermittently connected networks,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 3126, pp. 239–254, 2004.
- M. Musolesi, S. Hailes, and C. Mascolo, “Adaptive routing for intermittently connected mobile ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on a World of Wireless Mobile and Multimedia Networks, pp. 183–189, IEEE, 2005.
- P. Hui, J. Crowcroft, and E. Yoneki, “BUBBLE rap: social-based forwarding in delay tolerant networks,” in Proceedings of the 9th ACM International Symposium on Mobile ad Hoc Networking and Computing, pp. 241–250, ACM, May 2008.
- E. Bulut and B. Szymanski, “Exploiting friendship relations for efficient routing in mobile social networks,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 23, no. 12, pp. 2254–2265, 2012.
- W. Gao, G. Cao, T. La Porta, and J. Han, “On exploiting transient social contact patterns for data forwarding in delay tolerant networks,” IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 151–165, 2013.
- J. Niu, X. Zhou, Y. Liu, L. Sun, and J. Ma, “A message transmission scheme for community-based opportunistic network,” Journal of Computer Research and Development, vol. 46, no. 12, pp. 2068–2075, 2009 (Chinese).
- R. C. Shah, S. Roy, S. Jain, and W. Brunette, “Data MULEs: modeling and analysis of a three-tier architecture for sparse sensor networks,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 1, no. 2-3, pp. 215–233, 2003.
- W. Zhao, M. Ammar, and E. Zegura, “Controlling the mobility of multiple data transport ferries in a delay-tolerant network,” in Proceedings of the 24th Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies, vol. 2, pp. 1407–1418, IEEE, March 2005.
- A. Chakrabarti, A. Sabharwal, and B. Aazhang, “Using predictable observer mobility for power efficient design of sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks, pp. 129–145, Springer, 2003.
- R. Ahuja, T. Magnanti, and J. Orlin, Network Flows: Theory, Algorithms, and Applications, 1993.