- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 247346, 11 pages
Onto: Ontological Context-Aware Model Based on 5W1H
Department of Computer and Radio Communications Engineering, Korea University, Seoul 136-701, Republic of Korea
Received 11 October 2011; Accepted 24 December 2011
Academic Editor: Tai Hoon Kim
Copyright © 2012 Jeong-Dong Kim et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. D. Abowd, M. Ebling, G. Hunt, L. Hui, and H. W. Gellersen, “Context-aware computing,” IEEE Pervasive Computing, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 22–23, 2002.
- B. Schilit, N. Adams, and R. Want, “Context-aware computing applications,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications, pp. 85–90, Santa Cruz, Calif, USA, December 1994.
- A. Schmidt, M. Beigl, and H. W. Gellersen, “There is more to context than location,” Computers and Graphics, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 893–901, 1999.
- A. Schmidt and K. Van Laerhoven, “How to build smart appliances?” IEEE Personal Communications, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 66–71, 2001.
- K. Cheverst, K. Mitchell, and N. Davies, “Design of an object model for a context sensitive tourist GUIDE,” Computers and Graphics, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 883–891, 1999.
- C. Ghidini and F. Giunchiglia, “Local Models Semantics, or contextual reasoning = locality + compatibility,” Artificial Intelligence, vol. 127, no. 2, pp. 221–259, 2001.
- Web Ontology Language (OWL), http://www.w3.org/2004/OWL/.
- Resource description framework (RDF), http://www.w3.org/RDF/.
- F. Baader, D. Calvanese, D. McGuinness, D. Nardi, and P. Patel-Schneider, The Description Logic Handbook, Cambridge University Press, 2003.
- Protégé, RDF/OWL editor, http://protege.stanford.edu/overview/protege-owl.html.
- TopBraid Composer, TopQuadrant, http://topquadrant.com/products/TB_Composer.html/.
- M. Samulowitz, F. Michahelles, and C. linnhoff-popien, “Capeus: an architecture for context-aware selection and execution of services,” in New Developments in Distributed Applications and Interoperable Systems, pp. 23–39, Kluwer Academic, 2001.
- B. Schilit, N. Adams, and R. Want, “Context-aware computing applications,” in Proceedings of the Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications, pp. 85–90, December 1994.
- WAPFORUM. User Agent Profile (UAProf), http://www.wapforum.org.
- V. Akman and M. Surav, “The use of situation theory in context modeling,” Computational Intelligence, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 427–438, 1997.
- CoBrA(Context Broker Architecture), http://cobra.umbc.edu/.
- A. Salden, R. Poortinga, M. Bouzid, et al., “Contextual personalization of a mobile multimodal application,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Internet Computing (ICOMP '05), pp. 294–300, Las Vegas, Nev, USA, June 2005.
- T. Gu, H. K. Pung, and D. Q. Zhang, “A middleware for building context-a ware mobile services,” in Proceedings of the 59th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC '04), pp. 2656–2660, May 2004.
- M. Román, C. Hess, R. Cerqueira, A. Ranganathan, R. H. Campbell, and K. Nahrstedt, “A middleware infrastructure for active spaces,” IEEE Pervasive Computing, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 74–83, 2002.
- D. Salber, A. K. Dey, and G. D. Abowd, “Context toolkit: aiding the development of context-enabled applications,” in Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI '99), pp. 434–441, Pittsburgh, Pa, USA, May 1999.
- X. H. Wang, D. Q. Zhang, T. Gu, and H. K. Pung, “Ontology based context modeling and reasoning using OWL,” in Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE Annual Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications Workshops (PerCom '04), pp. 18–22, March 2004.
- DAML+OIL, http://www.daml.org/.
- G. D. Abowd, D. Anind, P. J. Brown, N. Davies, M. Smith, and P. Steggles, “Towards a better understanding of context and context-awareness,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Symposium on Handheld and Ubiquitous Computing (HUC '99), pp. 304–307, 1999.
- The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), http://www.w3.org/standards/.