- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 274576, 11 pages
An Efficient Clustering Algorithm in Wireless Sensor Networks Using Cooperative Communication
1School of Computer Science and Technology, Soochow University, Suzhou 215006, China
2State Key Lab. for Novel Software Technology, Nanjing University, Nanjin 210093, China
Received 7 January 2012; Accepted 27 February 2012
Academic Editor: Hongli Xu
Copyright © 2012 Shukui Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Agarwal, J. H. Cho, L. Gao, and J. Wu, “Energy efficient broadcast in wireless ad hoc networks with hitch-hiking,” in Proceeding of the 23rd AnnualJoint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM '04), pp. 2096–2107, Hong Kong, March 2004.
- R. Rajaraman, “Topology control and routing in ad hoc networks: a survey,” SIGACT News, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 60–73, 2002.
- J. Wu, “Extended dominating-set-based routing in ad hoc wireless networks with unidirectional links,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 13, no. 9, pp. 866–881, 2002.
- K. M. Alzoubi, P.-J. Wan, and O. Frieder, “Message-optimal connected dominating sets in mobile ad hoc networks,” in Proceedings of the 3rd ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking & Computing (MobiHoc '02), pp. 157–164, Lausanne, Switzerland, June 2002.
- K. M. Alzoubi, W. Peng-Jun, and O. Frieder, “Distributed heuristics for connected dominating sets in wireless ad hoc networks,” Journal of Communications and Networks, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 22–29, 2002.
- L. Ding, W. Wu, J. Willson, H. Du, W. Lee, and D.-Z. Du, “Efficient algorithms for topology control problem with routing cost constraints in wireless networks,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 22, no. 10, pp. 1601–1609, 2011.
- Y. Liang and V. V. Veeravalli, “Cooperative relay broadcast channels,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 900–928, 2007.
- N. Jindal, U. Mitra, and A. Goldsmith, “Capacity of ad-hoc networks with node cooperation,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT '04), pp. 271–272, July 2004.
- J. N. Laneman, D. N. C. Tse, and G. W. Wornell, “Cooperative diversity in wireless networks: efficient protocols and outage behavior,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 50, no. 12, pp. 3062–3080, 2004.
- A. Nosratinia, T. E. Hunter, and A. Hedayat, “Cooperative communication in wireless networks,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 42, no. 10, pp. 74–80, 2004.
- D. N. C. Tse, P. Viswanath, and L. Zheng, “Diversity-multiplexing tradeoff in multiple-access channels,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 50, no. 9, pp. 1859–1874, 2004.
- J. Wu, M. Cardei, F. Dai, and S. Yang, “Extended dominating set and its applications in ad hoc networks using cooperative communication,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 851–864, 2006.
- Y. P. Chen and A. L. Liestman, “Maintaining weakly-connected dominating sets for clustering ad hoc networks,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 629–642, 2005.
- Y. P. Chen and A. L. Liestman , “A zonal algorithm for clustering ad hoc networks,” International Journal of Foundations of Computer Science, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 305–322, 2003.
- R. G. Gallager, P. A. Humblet, and P. M. Spira, “A distributed algorithm for minimum-weight spanning trees,” ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 66–77, 1983.
- B. Han and W. Jia, “Clustering wireless ad hoc networks with weakly connected dominating set,” Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, vol. 67, no. 6, pp. 727–737, 2007.
- S. Basagni, M. Mastrogiovanni, and C. Petrioli, “A performance comparison of protocols for clustering and backbone formation in large scale ad hoc networks,” in Proceeding of the IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad-Hoc and Sensor Systems (MAHSS '04), pp. 70–79, October 2004.
- K. K. Chintalapudi and R. Govindan, “Localized edge detection in sensor fields,” in Proceedings of the 1st IEEE International Workshop on Sensor Network Protocols and Applications, pp. 59–70, May 2003.
- S.-K. Zhang, Z.-M. Cui, S.-R. Gong, Q. Liu, and J.-X. Fan, “A data aggregation algorithm based on splay tree for wireless sensor networks,” Journal of Computers, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 492–499, 2010.
- D. Zhou, M.-T. Sun, and T.-H. Lai, “A timer-based protocol for connected dominating set construction in IEEE 802.11 multihop mobile ad hoc networks,” in Proceeding of the 5th Symposium on Applications and the Internet (SAINT '05), pp. 2–8, February 2005.
- K. M. Alzoubi, P.-J. Wan, and O. Frieder, “Maximal independent set, weakly connected dominating set, and induced spanners for mobile ad hoc networks,” International Journal of Foundations of Computer Science, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 287–303, 2003.